"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby Lya » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm

I wish it was easy as that @Zetirian, but it isn't.
From the few statements Tess has made on things concerning rarity, it's pretty clear that older pets are indeed intended to be rarer than newer pets on average and that every pet has an intended rarity that they try to uphold through the re-release.

Plus, there's a math problem with your example of 5 VRs = 1 New Rarity (going by your numbers): What about those VRs that have an actual ratio of 1:200? Would you still expect people to pay 5 of them? How do you want to tell if a pet is rarer than another one even with a new rarity tag? This is the exact reason why we use age, because it's the safest bet. Nothing will ever change that.

Apart from that, as I've said before - I'm pretty sure the number of active players is somewhat stable. If not, they would hire more staff and not simply re-stock the numbers when staff members have quit. Of course there are more active players during december, but apart from that time of the year, the quitting and joining members even each other out.
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:20 pm

On my phone atm but for August PPS, why not just go through pet ids for the month and count the amount of each outcome of its litter? Might be an interesting exercise.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Solloby wrote:On my phone atm but for August PPS, why not just go through pet ids for the month and count the amount of each outcome of its litter? Might be an interesting exercise.

first August 2012 pet and last August 2012 pet

1,739,975 August 2012 pets... have fun going through all of them to find the munchkin litter + PPS lion

but yeah, not a bad idea in theory................
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Wow that's a lot of people adopting pets.
If 10 people counted it would be 174k pets to go through each. Still too many imo =P
Considering how many litters were adopted though, one could guess that a fair amount of August PPS lion cubs were adopted amongst those 1.74 mil pets. Look at the same month in 2008, way less than 150k pets adopted in total across all litters. Interesting to note.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Solloby wrote:Wow that's a lot of people adopting pets.
If 10 people counted it would be 174k pets to go through each. Still too many imo =P
Considering how many litters were adopted though, one could guess that a fair amount of August PPS lion cubs were adopted amongst those 1.74 mil pets. Look at the same month in 2008, way less than 150k pets adopted in total across all litters. Interesting to note.

I think this is where the 'older pets are rarer' thing comes from. Theres now just too many people adopting.

Regardless, i think its best to just focus on what we have now. Pets that are currently on the list (plus the three urs that arent right now) and nothing else. Its important to first lay down a basis before we go and discuss pets that could potentionally be added.

I just want to point out again that this will be a guide for the rarest of the rarest pets, so by default that means not all very rares will be added uvu we cant possible add em all lol
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ t r o u b l e ~ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:07 am

Counting pets isn't exactly the best way to do this. I used to go through patchworks through the two months they were out. never got past the first month. And thats with a pet that has never been released again.
As well, counting one pet doesn't really help. You have to compare that number to something to even get any type of accurate information on it. We would need to track every single pet on the list to see if the pps is rare enough for the list. Thats just far too complex in my mind.
The guide has always been speculation, and also counting pet numbers to get an exact value on all of them defeats that purpose as well as making things more strict.

IT WORLD OF N HERE
xxx
ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏω ɪғ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ єѕcαρє
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄--▄▄▄▄▄▄
-----------
▪ ▪ ▪ ◤-------------------------◥ ▪ ▪ ▪
I am a poison.
a DEADLY thing.
not afraid
and poised to ᴋɪʟʟ.

▪ ▪ ▪ ◣-------------------------◢ ▪ ▪ ▪

»»»»»»»»«»»»»»»»»
I AM TOXIC
pixel by highflyer<3

▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌

Trades
Character Site
Flight Rising
FR Trades
Patchwork Hoard [169]

Name is Trouble,
I am an aspiring
engineer,
leo, gamer,
artist, book
worm, and
slytherin
<3

art by
Goshgirl fr and Speedy <3

~ t r o u b l e ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:23 am

I have a question to you all in general and to DD specifically:

Apart from the obvious choices e.g. all pets that have been OMG so Rare before, which are the pets that should be included in a rarity list that shows the "high end" and how do you want to sort them?

Using rarity updates that happened before the overhaul would be a possibilty albeit an unreliable one (after all there was a time when the Speckled Rats were rarer than the Sunjewel).

Adding in all pets that were VR upon Overhaul and didn't drop in the meantime would leave us at way over 400 pets (just a very rough estimate and the number would probably be much higher).

Using date of release would mean we have to draw a proper line - which would possibly mean that either some pets actually fall off the new list or there would be a bunch of new ones being added in.
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:29 am

Lya wrote:I have a question to you all in general and to DD specifically:

Apart from the obvious choices e.g. all pets that have been OMG so Rare before, which are the pets that should be included in a rarity list that shows the "high end" and how do you want to sort them?

Using rarity updates that happened before the overhaul would be a possibilty albeit an unreliable one (after all there was a time when the Speckled Rats were rarer than the Sunjewel).

Adding in all pets that were VR upon Overhaul and didn't drop in the meantime would leave us at way over 400 pets (just a very rough estimate and the number would probably be much higher).

Using date of release would mean we have to draw a proper line - which would possibly mean that either some pets actually fall off the new list or there would be a bunch of new ones being added in.

Right now i would say that the line would be whatever is on the list stays on the list, and that in time will mean that some pets get added. However, this list will still show the most rarest of pets so not all pets will get added, even if they are very rare.

To detirmine that we can look at supply and availibity (from both release and now?)
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 am

So, what is the next course of action then? start with making a mock-up list?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:14 am

Shouldn't we do a secondary poll? We have alot of options on the table and we need to find out what the community feels would work best.

The first poll already highlighted demand and tier trading as the biggest problems. We should compile a list of all the past suggested ideas that fit the poll results. Then do a second and wrap it up with execution. Lots of people are still divided over how to handle demand and ease of trading. So a second poll needs to happen imo.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups