Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you actively trade for hoards or just let trades come to you?

I trade super active and complete within a short time frame
12%
I trade semi active and complete after a while
39%
I let trades flow in and add hoard pets as fillers
45%
Other (comment? :) )
4%

Total votes : 1071

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.6

Postby Bilaz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Yeah I've seen OMGSR hoards and popular list pet hoards. Honestly I have no idea why people think hoarders are greedy. I don't care if you hoard UR Tiger Dogs, it is NOT greedy. What difference does it make if you have huge folder full of list pets or a huge folder of list pets that happen to be the same? I have no idea why Chickensmoothie praises collectors to the high heavens and labels hoarders as greedy.

Hoarders or collectors both get their pets through trading. Trading means both parties are happy. Let's say someone has 20 UR Tiger Dogs: All 'anti-hoarders' see are 19 people kept from ever obtaining an UR Tiger Dog. All I see are 19 happy trade partners who finally got the Sun Jewel or quantity trade down or whatever it is they really wanted BECAUSE the hoarder is going for multiples of the same pet instead of keeping all those pets to themselves for a collection.

In short: Chickensmoothie is a game, the goal is to collect pets. I don't give a darn in what way people want to collect them, it's up to each user to decide for themselves. :)
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hoard question

Postby Shinryu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Lord_Syranus wrote:So, I'm helping my wife determine a new hoard and I figured I would ask the CS community, what you all think would be a good hoard pet?

I think what makes a good hoard pet depends on how she would enjoy hoarding the most.
    Some people get more enjoyment out of having many small hoards, whereas others don't really feel satisfied unless it's a big number, or even endless.
    Some people enjoy having difficult to find hoards, others find it frustrating and would rather hoard a pet that is easy to obtain.
    Many enjoy a mix of the two as well.

She'll probably want to compare the rarity/popularity of the pet to the desired hoard size. If she already knows she wants a big hoard, she might want to start out with a more common type of pet. But if she wants to start with a mini hoard (something like 10-30), then considering rare pets could present a decent challenge.
    Maybe she could start out with a mini hoard of a fairly easily obtainable pet, and then figure out if she feels like she would a) want more b) want to hoard a more challenging pet next?

I personally wouldn't rule out hoarding rare or popular pets right off the bat if she decides she likes them enough to hoard them. But it's useful to think about if the balance between challenge and satisfaction is right^^ Otherwise she might end up running out of steam halfway through, or get bored from completing every hoard too quickly.
    So I'd suggest to go through the archive in reverse order (2017 to 2008) and pick out a selection of pets she likes, then see which ones seem suitable for her plans.

Lunar Kitty wrote:Over 100 pets and growing in "Это весна" :D
Love this hoard. <3

Nice job on those!
    I remember hoarding their dandelion littermate and having a hard time tracking down enough of them for trade. Rarely been so relieved to finally finish a hoard.
    But that whole litter makes for such a good hoard~ Looking at your pages of green kitties has an almost soothing effect. Very pretty!

Bittersweet. wrote:hey guys i haven't been in since 2016 but i felt like reliving my account! i haven't gotten any of the pets since then but i started of hoard of these adorable sunflower bbys

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... id=5763952

Welcome back to CS! c: And with a beautiful choice of hoard, too!
    Those bwolves are thankfully still fairly easy to find, I wish you the best of success with them. Looks like you're almost halfway there already!

vanishing pixie wrote:When I was looking for pets to hoard, - I was wondering...have you guys ever seen a OMGSR hoard ?? Or even just a very popular (probably list) pet hoard ??

Which also brings me to next my next question ;
have you ever been treated rudely or even messaged about your hoard / being 'greedy' ?

I know several people who have very rare+ hoards, including a handful who hoard omgsr pets. On top of my head I know I've seen at least two zebra hoards, a few moonswirl hoards, a hoard of black UR cats, a UR Tiger dog hoard, and there was someone hoarding fruit.
    Myself, I used to hoard UR butterbunnies, which very briefly during that time went omgsr and then switched back to very rare. I disbanded that hoard, but had 10 at one point.
    As far as list/popular pets go, I still am hoarding vixen advents.

I only really remember getting negative attention for it one time, some years ago. In fact, it's been so long that I don't even remember the content of the message any more.^^ It's wasn't terribly bad, either.
    There's been occasions where people asked me if I would be willing to trade them a hoard pet of mine, but they've always respected it when I told them 'no'.
    The only hoard negativity I usually get to see is in people's trade rules, or when I hear from other hoarders about getting told off. Personally, it has never even been remotely an issue for me.
    It also got a lot better over the years. Hoards were a whole bit more controversial in the earlier years than they are now. It has become a common and mostly accepted playstyle now.^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39 pm

ZΕL wrote:
    Nice job on those!
    I remember hoarding their dandelion littermate and having a hard time tracking down enough of them for trade. Rarely been so relieved to finally finish a hoard.
    But that whole litter makes for such a good hoard~ Looking at your pages of green kitties has an almost soothing effect. Very pretty!

The only hoard negativity I usually get to see is in people's trade rules, or when I hear from other hoarders about

Thank you so much! <3 If you have a link I'd love to see yours! :O
I agree on the green being very soothing. I really adore this particular outcome of the litter because of that. The pet design is also just really pretty to me. It's very delicate and most of the design is really in the details: the flowers on the paws/tail, the flower with the trail of petals, the little petal on the forehead. <3 It's just so lovely.
Also I'm a huge fan of the PPS cats linearts, they are lovely, both this one and the EPPS version.

I have to admit I'm also rather attached to this litter. First of all because cats are my favourite species and secondly because September 2016 was the first month where I really got to participate in the monthly adopts. I got to adopt them on the 1st and I actually knew what I was doing. I joined in mid August so the August adopts were a confusing mess for me because everyone was offering on my kitties and things because the whole site was going nuts over that uncommon lion. :lol:

Oh YES thanks for reminding me, I stupidly forgot to mention I was talking about negativity in trade rules in my mini rant. That is indeed where I've seen the mentioned negativity against hoarders. Oops :silent:
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 pm

Lunar Kitty wrote:Thank you so much! <3 If you have a link I'd love to see yours! :O
I agree on the green being very soothing. I really adore this particular outcome of the litter because of that. The pet design is also just really pretty to me. It's very delicate and most of the design is really in the details: the flowers on the paws/tail, the flower with the trail of petals, the little petal on the forehead. <3 It's just so lovely.
Also I'm a huge fan of the PPS cats linearts, they are lovely, both this one and the EPPS version.

I have to admit I'm also rather attached to this litter. First of all because cats are my favourite species and secondly because September 2016 was the first month where I really got to participate in the monthly adopts. I got to adopt them on the 1st and I actually knew what I was doing. I joined in mid August so the August adopts were a confusing mess for me because everyone was offering on my kitties and things because the whole site was going nuts over that uncommon lion. :lol:

Not quite as soothing to look at with their bright orange faces, but here they are :D
    I made my decision to hoard them before the rarities came out, and then of course the one outcome I picked turned out to be the one uncommon, lol.
    I adore raey's CS pet designs, and the flower kitties are no exception. Being an all-PPS litter made them even better, because the mid-stage cat lineart is my favourite of the set as well. Though... I do think it would be charming to see one or two of these as grown-up PPS designs. I bet the teal outcome would look beautiful!

It seems a lot of people enjoy hoarding pets from the month/s they first joined or got active^^ It definitely sounds like a nice way to feed the nostalgia. H-hey, I guess some pets from August 08 are still rare /shot

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Aww they look really lovely! I love that outcome as well. <3 Raey's designs really are very lovely. I was hoping for GUPPS of these pets actually. Because I like the litter best as all PPS but I would love to see their adult form.

Oh really? That's cool, it makes sense though. Heh I'd say go for it if you like the designs! :D

Unrelated matter is that I was hoping for 'Joined in 2016' stamp with my hoard cat on it but c'est la vie I guess. ^^
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VermontVampyre » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:32 pm

I am someone who has mixed feelings about hoarding and hoards in general? I mean I hoard the rat dragon costume item (I have yet to find a pet I enjoy enough to attempt to hoard multiples of).

I do, however, feel a pang when I'm looking through someone's pets and see them with a hoard of a pet I dont even own one of...but I would NEVER call them out on it. Especially with main list pets? They had to WORK for those...probably even had to get rid of some other beloved pets in trades just to afford half the hoard. As long as they obtained each pet in the hoard fairly (as in not using double accounts or scamming newer userss out of pound nabs/Dec 18 rereleases) through trade or Dec 18 rereleases or the pound or whatever who am I to complain right? A Hoard of Mainlists or OMGSR just means that at that is a player who has made a lot of other players happy through trades <3
VermontVampyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Carefull with the current discussion topic:

Do not bash any form of hoarding here.
This is a safe discussions thread for any hoarders. 
Don't agree with a certain way of hoarding? 
Cool for you, keep it to yourself.

(On my phone, socoding is a pain sorry)

175.420 cats.
I am slacking so much lately.
Maybe i should host an auction to get more cats.
Most trades get cancelled because people dont like mass trades, or they just dont reply to my trade...

I might unlock my hoard for swapa though. I have a bunch of older cats.
I prerfer 10 new ones over 1 old one.
And that wy i can help people
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:14 pm

No worries if you read my post it's actually 100% for ALL hoarders. ^^ It was just a mini rant against anti-hoarders. I'm also doing my best to get as many cats as possible for you, I love it how we can help each other that way. :D
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 pm

I'm ultra hoarder and I just hoard all pets which I like... for their design, colors, line edit... anything... when is something what I like on that pet... I hoarding him...
but I really not care for rarity of pets or their demand... i hoard everything from OMG so common... under OMG so rare...
from OMG so rares I hoard zebras... good for me... they not have so big demand...
but... cause i hoard almost all what I like... it mean that I have in my hoards also a lot of rare/VR demand pets... cause very often when is some pet really beautiful and is rare or VR... he has often also big demand... for example... I hoard almost all store pets... it mean include ravens, cerbers, drink/eat me and a lot more... or I hoarding jokers, long tail shimas...
sometimes I can see/read how are some people rude and angry to me for my big hoarding (its really rare when someone send me message like this... usually I find something about hoarding in the trade rules or on forum etc) ... but sometimes i get very nice PMs in which members say... how they like my hoarding and how are fascinated... what make me really happy each time :)
very often I also getting PMs in which members ask for at least one of that demand pets cause its their dream... but for everyone I must say "nope" unfortunately... cause if I would to give all that members at least one... I would have not any right now...

but when I trade for more my hoard pets... members are usually nice to me and dont have any problem :) i also very often give overpay for my hoard pets ... it make happy both side :)
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Antipathy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:02 am

have you ever been treated rudely or even messaged about your hoard / being 'greedy' ?
Not yet, thankfully. I don't mention if I'm trading for pets to add to a hoard, and I've never been asked what the pets were going to be used for, so that is good.

On hoarding lists, if you want to hoard those, go for it. I don't see why people should be mad. If someone really likes a particular list pet and wants a lot of them, let them hoard it. I can't see why it would hurt someone else (unless you were scamming/using double accounts/etc.)

Well, started a grayscale birthday cat hoard several days ago, and I'm up to 44! My overall goal is 1000, but for now, I'm going in 50/100 increments to make it easier. I love their design so much. <3

iiiinothing's gonna hurt you, baby
she/her | asd/adhd | mostly inactive
Antipathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me