*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby FigTown » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:14 am

Stupidly I traded my peach for a nick unicorn. Yet the unicorn seems to be so painfully low in demand, I hardly get offered on the unicorn if I do its always unfair like a few lists and 2009-14 rare's. Makes me question the unicorn being main list..what would it be worth as of now? My friend who used to trade a lot used to get offered crazy things for it as she would tell me.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking for 1x1 rps!
FigTown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:30 am

Doodle~Noodle wrote:Stupidly I traded my peach for a nick unicorn. Yet the unicorn seems to be so painfully low in demand, I hardly get offered on the unicorn if I do its always unfair like a few lists and 2009-14 rare's. Makes me question the unicorn being main list..what would it be worth as of now? My friend who used to trade a lot used to get offered crazy things for it as she would tell me.

Well, considering the nick uni is an omgsr it kinda does have to be a mainlist (the only exception I've seen being the skelebun, which happens to be a high sept)

If you're questioning the placement, then I suppose it's lack in demand has brought it quite low, not sure if it will remain there or be moved down

But it's a lot like the banana and cucumber in a way and other low demand fruits: they don't have much demand and go for way less than their placement on the list but still stay in their placement

---
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FigTown » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:04 am

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:
Doodle~Noodle wrote:Stupidly I traded my peach for a nick unicorn. Yet the unicorn seems to be so painfully low in demand, I hardly get offered on the unicorn if I do its always unfair like a few lists and 2009-14 rare's. Makes me question the unicorn being main list..what would it be worth as of now? My friend who used to trade a lot used to get offered crazy things for it as she would tell me.

Well, considering the nick uni is an omgsr it kinda does have to be a mainlist (the only exception I've seen being the skelebun, which happens to be a high sept)

If you're questioning the placement, then I suppose it's lack in demand has brought it quite low, not sure if it will remain there or be moved down

But it's a lot like the banana and cucumber in a way and other low demand fruits: they don't have much demand and go for way less than their placement on the list but still stay in their placement

---

Yeah fruits have bad demand except from when people were offering a lot of lists for my peach . Rip me and that is this a fair trade page for saying you should auto that.
It's supposed to be worth a red rose and 2 sorbets which is why I thought it should be a good trade off from the advice I received.. but I'm unsure of what it's worth on its own?? Maybe like mid sept?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking for 1x1 rps!
FigTown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:07 am

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:

---

The skelebun isn't even a good comparison. It hasn't been moved up yet, but now people know it's rarer than they initially thought. I believe the reason they haven't started discussing moving it right now is because they are in the process of creating a new list. Now the value of the bun is rather in the air seems. I've seen them go for 1-2 nons while others pay 3-4. But, that isn't important right now.
    Either way, the unickorn will stay a mainlist because even if the demand is low it is rare enough to be there. Demand does not rule a pets placement entirely. That is why pets like the pickle stay on the mainlist.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Anyyyways, seeing all those peach trades, I didn't realize they were going for that much so frequently..? I guess usually most other offers are cancelled or whatever. I was originally thinking a bit ago they would do well below the non, maybe on the tier right below it..? Hmm.. I guess they are going for a bit more than I thought.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:30 am

Also, considering the peach does seem to have gone for a slight dip as it seems, wouldnt it be best to wait a little longer to see if this dip remains or if it's something that'll blow over?

Or would it be best to decide a placement and see if it affects the dip?

From the looks of it, people can't really decide wether or not the peach should be valued at a non or 2 sorbets

Having the peach one tier below the nons would seem alright though, not too high, not too low. Though I guess it still depends?
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:43 pm

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:Also, considering the peach does seem to have gone for a slight dip as it seems, wouldnt it be best to wait a little longer to see if this dip remains or if it's something that'll blow over?

Or would it be best to decide a placement and see if it affects the dip?

From the looks of it, people can't really decide wether or not the peach should be valued at a non or 2 sorbets

Having the peach one tier below the nons would seem alright though, not too high, not too low. Though I guess it still depends?

Its been two years since the peach got released so idk if waiting is a good idea. People have always decided on their own what its worth but it seems to have gone to a 'i saw it go for this one so its worth this' type of thing.

However your suggestion of putting it below the non tier seems like a good one. Thats 2 and a half sorb so kind of a middle road. We can always readjust the peach later if after a few months trades still show only 2 sorb worth.

What do others think? We need more input c: those trades i gathered came from the rareslist document thread so were all places by different users, none of those are my own.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't know if this will help but I was just offered this for my UR Peach

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=69646787&userid=880548&signature=bmrpyLluepKxbCsfZ8w2Iw

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:49 pm

That does help! I urge everyone to join the discussion and show us their trades :) the peach will be a tricky placement xD
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnsoundtrack » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Two days ago this is what I traded to get the UR Peach.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... 94MXpeVDmQ

As of lately I personally haven't seen the UR Peach go for more than two sorbets, and I've heard quite a few times from the FTT that the UR Peach seems to be going for around two sorbets for a while now. Though I do recall the peach previously going for a non I'm not sure what caused its "value" to drop suddenly other than the possibility that the demand for it has fallen as of lately.

Give me golden leaves, the pitter patter of soft-falling rain,
apple cider doughnuts, and the cool comfort of autumn

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
autumnsoundtrack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpyroMello » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 pm

peachy.. wrote:
Two days ago this is what I traded to get the UR Peach.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... 94MXpeVDmQ

As of lately I personally haven't seen the UR Peach go for more than two sorbets, and I've heard quite a few times from the FTT that the UR Peach seems to be going for around two sorbets for a while now. Though I do recall the peach previously going for a non I'm not sure what caused its "value" to drop suddenly other than the possibility that the demand for it has fallen as of lately.

I feel it's partly demand dropping, as it's been 2 years since its release, and the fact people have been saying it's worth is strictly 2 sorbets. I haven't been on the site much and I'm very stubborn when it comes to list pets, so for me, I'd agree with it being worth at a non. The was the average I saw it go for when it came out and the year after. I like to watch and look at auctions and the "is this a fair trade?" thread, so that was what I generally saw but as of 2017 I haven't been on much due to outside life. I think when December hits, demands for everything go up because of the 18th. So this month, I think your trade for the peach is pretty common. I know people do try to under trade and claim it fair, but this is my personal opinion about the peach.

As for the list position, I think the peach should go with the UR Lion, and the pickle and banana be brought down several tiers to between the pineapple and nick unicorn. The demand for those has been low and many people struggle to get rid of them. In many trades and auctions I've seen, people really don't want them and have them as "anti-boosters" or throw them in trades like they're nothing. It's been a good couple years with their worths being that low but at the same time, people still value them as above the gap. I think I'm getting off topic so I'll just stop here lol
Quit, due to inactivity
SpyroMello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me