April 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 am

~SNCastiel<3~ wrote:
Kahvar wrote:
dragonmaster11 wrote:Has anyone successfully traded for the rainbow pps draft? If so, how much overpay/if any? My completionist autism brain is screaming at me bc it's the only one I'm missing from this year but I also don't want to feed into the overpay demand that's been going on on this site of late (which I am VERY MUCH AGAINST) by offering 3-5C$ for it on the trading thread? ❤️

I had no luck finding a swap for the PPS draft at all until I offered the rainbow bwolf for it. Felt more difficult to trade for to me. I could at least find people offering the bwolf for C$ but wasn't finding many people who had the draft at all. Could just be rotten luck on my part though.

Still doubt it could be more than a rare though.

I -literally- looked through at least 100 profiles and found maybe 8 of them. I finally found someone willing to trade it and I feel like I was okay with what I traded for it.

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111144485&userid=29166&signature=y6VFQEMKA6N4bNtrIohGhg

I will be genuinely surprised if it doesn't turn out at least rare if not even more than that.

I do so much trading and usually spend most of my time on CS online users and browsing their pets looking for things I need. The fact it took me that many accounts to finally get one was surprising. I found it to be much harder to get than the butterflywolf. I've also seen -far- more butterflywolves than that pps draft.

I will feel bad if it turns out rare. If I'm missing an outcome and the monthly swap thread shows it's the more uncommon outcome, I'll go looking elsewhere. I will adjust my offer along the way depending on how many I find and if trades are getting canceled. One of the first few I sent in was accepted with an uncommon

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111153185

I wasn't finding many either, but some of that can be explained by a lot of people don't have their unknown rarities in open groups. I didn't have to look for the otter last month so I can't really judge how different an uncommon versus a rare is yet.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:19 am

~SNCastiel<3~ wrote:
Kahvar wrote:
dragonmaster11 wrote:Has anyone successfully traded for the rainbow pps draft? If so, how much overpay/if any? My completionist autism brain is screaming at me bc it's the only one I'm missing from this year but I also don't want to feed into the overpay demand that's been going on on this site of late (which I am VERY MUCH AGAINST) by offering 3-5C$ for it on the trading thread? ❤️

I had no luck finding a swap for the PPS draft at all until I offered the rainbow bwolf for it. Felt more difficult to trade for to me. I could at least find people offering the bwolf for C$ but wasn't finding many people who had the draft at all. Could just be rotten luck on my part though.

Still doubt it could be more than a rare though.

I -literally- looked through at least 100 profiles and found maybe 8 of them. I finally found someone willing to trade it and I feel like I was okay with what I traded for it.

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111144485&userid=29166&signature=y6VFQEMKA6N4bNtrIohGhg

I will be genuinely surprised if it doesn't turn out at least rare if not even more than that.

I do so much trading and usually spend most of my time on CS online users and browsing their pets looking for things I need. The fact it took me that many accounts to finally get one was surprising. I found it to be much harder to get than the butterflywolf. I've also seen -far- more butterflywolves than that pps draft.

I don’t trade pets before rarity release for reasons like the demand, but I don’t think the draft will be anything above an euc/rare? I haven’t looked through anyone’s profiles but I have two of them, and there’s a good number of people on the swap thread that aren’t looking for them either?
    I think people might just be flighty because of the stupid insane hype of the rainbow bw?
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~SNCastiel<3~ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 am

chase. wrote:
    I don’t trade pets before rarity release for reasons like the demand, but I don’t think the draft will be anything above an euc/rare? I haven’t looked through anyone’s profiles but I have two of them, and there’s a good number of people on the swap thread that aren’t looking for them either?
    I think people might just be flighty because of the stupid insane hype of the rainbow bw?

Hm, I definitely think that's could be a possibility! Either way I'll be interested to see the rarity of the little guy regardless of the outcome. ^^
ImageImage

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths, enwrought with golden and silver light,
the blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet. But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.
~William Butler Yeats~
~SNCastiel<3~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starrygarden » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:54 am

I got mine for a 2016 pet
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111156944&userid=632100&signature=I9fUmwLqmRQL4gcMwtD8pA
Rest Easy
Uni Art Student | I draw and write

Starrygarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:00 am

~SNCastiel<3~ wrote:
chase. wrote:

Hm, I definitely think that's could be a possibility! Either way I'll be interested to see the rarity of the little guy regardless of the outcome. ^^

It's a possibility. I've only checked a few times in the swap thread this month because I've been relatively lucky. Some people generally just lock unknown rarities away and the butterfly wolf may have scared people into locking them away as was mentioned.

These rarer pets are generating a lot more activity though, which means more page refreshes and ad rev
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venøm » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:37 am

Reading this is worrying me about the PPS draft. I'm not particularly fond of the design but I'm a completionist and if there's barely any around then I'm a little worried.

All of these rarer outcomes are really becoming stressful and then more just get added on top of another one. A lot of people haven't even had the chance to get the otter from last month and now they have to try and grab the Easter demand pets, the purple and rainbow bws and now more high demand monthlies...

This is starting to feel close to impossible with the economy and insane trading community now. It's getting overwhelming and becoming not enjoyable unless you have a lot of C$/do list trading or you have the time to scan the forums every minute it seems.
Venøm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 am

One thing to keep in mind is that there are still two weeks for people to adopt the April pets, so more of the draft PPS will show up in time. And to echo what others said, I stopped trading. I'm waiting until everything is grown at this point. So that could be why it seems like there aren't as many. I think people were scared off after the rainbow BW.

The thing that is irritating me are the people who are hoarding the hard to find outcomes to use for price gouging later.

If you like pet collecting sites that you don't have to feed the pets, I can't recommend Wajas enough. Link below to join. I have lots for sale cheap to help you get started.
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:11 am

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

I heard all of the people talking about how they are missing this horse and I am glad to say I managed to get one so I can sigh in relief.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venøm » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:30 am

achieve1dream wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that there are still two weeks for people to adopt the April pets, so more of the draft PPS will show up in time. And to echo what others said, I stopped trading. I'm waiting until everything is grown at this point. So that could be why it seems like there aren't as many. I think people were scared off after the rainbow BW.

The thing that is irritating me are the people who are hoarding the hard to find outcomes to use for price gouging later.

I keep seeing it in the thread too. It's actually really disheartening. It's not always obvious as well that they don't need it unless you look in their groups... and then find like 5 rainbow butterwolves and 3 pps otters and a bunch of the high demand Easter pets
Venøm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:04 pm

The draft horse was pretty but I adore this horse so much. Going into my favorite greyscale collection right away. 🌝
Random music I change every few days: 🎵🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me