April 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby Amadou » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:54 pm

Ruby-Skylark wrote:Why is everyone wanting such crazy trades for the birthday butterfly wolves?
I’ve got people wanting high amounts of C$ *and* rares for one BF Wolf (not even the rainbow)
Are they really that rare/expensive?

I don't think so. At least not the plain colored ones... It's the new rare per month hype i think. Don't think the rainbow one will be more than rare.
Amadou - She/Her
Image Plant lover (Philodendron/Monstera/Epipremnum/...)
Image Professional Artist (Pencil Portraits - IG: @lisa.Cathrin)
Image Dachshund + Chicken fanatic
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pet's name: Erwin

Pet's name: Paula
Amadou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buck Ruffler » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:01 pm

i never remember to track growths so im in this one for the long haul baby!!

Silver Tiger~ wrote:I'm so grateful I at least have one of the split dogs, aah. I sure hope next month is less 'exciting' than this *knocks on wood*

i cant think of any cs events that happen in May, so im guessing we're clear on that front till the summer event. monthlies, i dont know, so ill hope with you too ahaha
Giant Squids are sweet, and i'm pretty sure that they have the real ultimate power. Cephalopods in general are pretty sweet, too.
Buck Ruffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:03 pm

BabyBlueCraftGlue wrote:i never remember to track growths so im in this one for the long haul baby!!

Silver Tiger~ wrote:I'm so grateful I at least have one of the split dogs, aah. I sure hope next month is less 'exciting' than this *knocks on wood*

i cant think of any cs events that happen in May, so im guessing we're clear on that front till the summer event. monthlies, i dont know, so ill hope with you too ahaha

Maybe they have so many splits this months because April 1st is April Fools Day. Idk if they've done anything similar ok the past for April. But that could be why. Bring the fun of April Fools Day into the whole month.
Pet's name: Clouds
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buck Ruffler » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 pm

AuroraFier wrote:Maybe they have so many splits this months because April 1st is April Fools Day. Idk if they've done anything similar ok the past for April. But that could be why. Bring the fun of April Fools Day into the whole month.

probably!! i like your thinking :) i know that Saikiyo always does a big litter with splits for April (this time its the deer), so yeah haha..
Giant Squids are sweet, and i'm pretty sure that they have the real ultimate power. Cephalopods in general are pretty sweet, too.
Buck Ruffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:30 am

Kahvar wrote:
Silver Tiger~ wrote:
JK341 wrote:I agree that the rainbow bwolf definitely will not be omgsr, its design is simply a representation of that specific rarity, not necessarily a hint at the rarity that the pet itself is gonna be. I can remember one previous birthday dog batch that was based on the old rarity bar colors and people started to assume the same exact things about those

Also the lil fruit on this smoll guy. I'm not exactly sure what this one is tbh, my brain wants to say pineberry, or maybe white currant? really hard to tell even when zoomed in idk lol, but still cute none the less ^^

I assumed it was lemon...

My guess was pear but now that you say it I see lemon.

Maybe persimmon?
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

Has anyone successfully traded for the rainbow pps draft? If so, how much overpay/if any? My completionist autism brain is screaming at me bc it's the only one I'm missing from this year but I also don't want to feed into the overpay demand that's been going on on this site of late (which I am VERY MUCH AGAINST) by offering 3-5C$ for it on the trading thread? ❤️
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

—> 💜my trading thread!!💜 <—

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

Ruby-Skylark wrote:Why is everyone wanting such crazy trades for the birthday butterfly wolves?
I’ve got people wanting high amounts of C$ *and* rares for one BF Wolf (not even the rainbow)
Are they really that rare/expensive?

No, this same sort of thing happened with the star rating dogs (the old rarity system based dogs), where everyone thought the rarities of the pets would match the rarity markers they represented, and of course that wasn't the case, but people are doing it with these too. I think the monthly rares and such have just made people panic to get every outcome, so they will pay wayyyy huge over pay and then everyone trading one comes to expect the same.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 am

dragonmaster11 wrote:Has anyone successfully traded for the rainbow pps draft? If so, how much overpay/if any? My completionist autism brain is screaming at me bc it's the only one I'm missing from this year but I also don't want to feed into the overpay demand that's been going on on this site of late (which I am VERY MUCH AGAINST) by offering 3-5C$ for it on the trading thread? ❤️

Now this one I'm starting to think is in fact Very Rare. I'm going to wait until rarities appear to try and get it; it will be so much easier to get a fair trade for it then (please note, this does not mean it will be easy by any means, but 'a small chance to get a fair trade' is in fact by definition easier than 'impossible unless I give three old rares and 50 chickendollars')
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kahvar » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 am

dragonmaster11 wrote:Has anyone successfully traded for the rainbow pps draft? If so, how much overpay/if any? My completionist autism brain is screaming at me bc it's the only one I'm missing from this year but I also don't want to feed into the overpay demand that's been going on on this site of late (which I am VERY MUCH AGAINST) by offering 3-5C$ for it on the trading thread? ❤️

I had no luck finding a swap for the PPS draft at all until I offered the rainbow bwolf for it. Felt more difficult to trade for to me. I could at least find people offering the bwolf for C$ but wasn't finding many people who had the draft at all. Could just be rotten luck on my part though.

Still doubt it could be more than a rare though.
Kahvar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~SNCastiel<3~ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:51 am

Kahvar wrote:

I had no luck finding a swap for the PPS draft at all until I offered the rainbow bwolf for it. Felt more difficult to trade for to me. I could at least find people offering the bwolf for C$ but wasn't finding many people who had the draft at all. Could just be rotten luck on my part though.

Still doubt it could be more than a rare though.

I -literally- looked through at least 100 profiles and found maybe 8 of them. I finally found someone willing to trade it and I feel like I was okay with what I traded for it.

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111144485&userid=29166&signature=y6VFQEMKA6N4bNtrIohGhg

I will be genuinely surprised if it doesn't turn out at least rare if not even more than that.

I do so much trading and usually spend most of my time on CS online users and browsing their pets looking for things I need. The fact it took me that many accounts to finally get one was surprising. I found it to be much harder to get than the butterflywolf. I've also seen -far- more butterflywolves than that pps draft.
ImageImage

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths, enwrought with golden and silver light,
the blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet. But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.
~William Butler Yeats~
~SNCastiel<3~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me