What are your CS hot takes?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What are your CS hot takes?

Postby ACat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:15 pm

Maybe a hot take but I wish that pet groups were set to locked/friends only by default because it's kinda disheartening to send out trades only to be met with 'It's NFT' when there was nothing to indicate that in the pet name/folder name/trade bio ;v; If you had to manually set groups as available to trade at least it'd be easier to tell what you can offer on

I do agree thought that the trading scene is very difficult at the moment. I'm a returning player myself and it's hard trying to keep up with values and demand
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:44 pm

IDK if this is a hot take or not... but I wish people would lock their NFT groups. I have stopped even trying to trade with people who have unlocked NFT stuff because it is just so frustrating to sift through. There are so many threads where you can show off pets, you don't need to do it with your unlocked groups.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teariffic » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:08 am

i feel bad reading all the negative hot takes so i'm gonna drop a positive one !
hot take; my fave start of every new month is the discussion threads! i love watching people guess the litter themes and interact with each other, and esp when the artists confirm the theories! i look forward to it more than the monthly pets tbh bc i just like the sense of community it brings. i've even scrolled thru past months when i wasnt active to see how excited people get c: i also don't really follow the outcomes thread so seeing people post their fave outcomes to gush over lets me see what's grown AND see people happy. chefs kiss
teariffic | adult | slow replies
teariffic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:10 am

teariffic wrote:i feel bad reading all the negative hot takes so i'm gonna drop a positive one !
hot take; my fave start of every new month is the discussion threads! i love watching people guess the litter themes and interact with each other, and esp when the artists confirm the theories! i look forward to it more than the monthly pets tbh bc i just like the sense of community it brings. i've even scrolled thru past months when i wasnt active to see how excited people get c: i also don't really follow the outcomes thread so seeing people post their fave outcomes to gush over lets me see what's grown AND see people happy. chefs kiss

I think that is super awesome too! People have such amazing and creative theories on what the themes are, I love it!

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:37 am

Space Cadet Marz wrote:
teariffic wrote:i feel bad reading all the negative hot takes so i'm gonna drop a positive one !

I think that is super awesome too! People have such amazing and creative theories on what the themes are, I love it!

Totally agree! I love adopting monthlies and watching them grow, especially when it's a species I love (like snakes this month). I'm hoping we get another spider litter soon too hehe
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:41 am

ACat wrote:
Space Cadet Marz wrote:

Totally agree! I love adopting monthlies and watching them grow, especially when it's a species I love (like snakes this month). I'm hoping we get another spider litter soon too hehe

The spiders are so under rated imho. I would love to see a new line art for them, maybe an adorable jumping spider or something, since I know the Malk lines are semi-retired.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:46 am

Space Cadet Marz wrote: -snip-
The spiders are so under rated imho. I would love to see a new line art for them, maybe an adorable jumping spider or something, since I know the Malk lines are semi-retired.

Omg I'd actually love to see that!! Spiders are very much underrated tbh but I get it's somewhat due to people having phobias of them.

I'd looooove to see some edits of the spider lines ngl I think they deserve some more variants.
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:48 am

ACat wrote:
Space Cadet Marz wrote: -snip-

Omg I'd actually love to see that!! Spiders are very much underrated tbh but I get it's somewhat due to people having phobias of them.

I'd looooove to see some edits of the spider lines ngl I think they deserve some more variants.

Peacock spiders would make my day tbh. lol.
Yeah, I think it's unfortunate they get a bad rap, like rats, but I also know people can't control their phobias.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cara! » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:54 am

My hot take is also that the current trade climate is taking away from the fun of the trading aspect of the game and it's something that's been steadily building. I made it a point last year to get one of every monthly and I had FUN doing it. At some point in the last few months that shifted and even basic litter swaps are tedious. For this reason and this reason alone I wish the idea of monthly rares had never been floated, it's doing wild things to the economy even at the level of basic monthly swaps to the point where I don't even think it's helping new players get harder to obtain pets, it's just making it harder to even complete current months without being willing to offer older pets that those newer users don't have.
Cara!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxglove Jam » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:58 am

My hot take is that there should be a cap to how much c$ users can 'hoard' or a cap on accounts primarily being used as c$ shops that have massively inflated / scam-like prices to protect new or returning users.
Foxglove Jam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me