*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby emjayy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 am

-just checking to see if this thread is on fire-

Would it not just be smarter at this point to skip the polls and move every OMGSR temporarily to non tier. Make a note on these pets that it is temporary maybe.
I'm doubting 90% of the list trades I've ever completed now skskssksksk

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ art by the clockwork cat
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20 (lol help i'm missing recents)
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nettle_Magpie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 am

Honestly I think this is a good idea, there's no point polling anything while the list is suddenly so out of date
Nettle_Magpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:34 am

Blackiie wrote:-just checking to see if this thread is on fire-

Would it not just be smarter at this point to skip the polls and move every OMGSR temporarily to non tier. Make a note on these pets that it is temporary maybe.
I'm doubting 90% of the list trades I've ever completed now skskssksksk

I was thinking that too, but I keep all my list trades in my notes so even if I trade it away for a date swap I know what I traded for that pet, thankfully all of the pets that have turned omgsr we’re actually in my favour looking at them. Mostly because I never really took demand in to a factor when I trade and went by what their tiers were shown as or the common ground demand like a lion tail was a sorbet for a while xD one of my trades looking back is even more outrageous than it already was xD I’m excited for the list changes because of this though! c:

If the plan was the move omgsr above gap, I presume that includes the newly turned ones and not just the URs?

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:39 am

The number of pets might not have changed, but the tags changing has changed everything, some pets are a lot rarer than we thought and now we have the proof to move them to where they belong..

Instead of editing the list, make a rough estimate list based on the rarity changes? Nothing certain or 100%, but just a rough 'this is what this might be valued at now' list that is on the bottom of the first page or something?
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlyteofHeart » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:42 am

I kinda see this as proof of how inaccurate the list is. the malk pps, rats, and bunnies from down the list changing to omgsr when no one had any idea how close they were just makes me doubt the whole thing. I cant wait for the actual rarity list so we can dump this one. We really have no idea the relative rarities if they arent spelled out for us in a big update. What other bunnies are closer to omgsr? what other random september list pets are super under valued?

yall were just trying to move the other omgsrs up and already having problems with users just clicking the lowest one. this extra hurts my confidence in the list as a trade reference.

people saying "nothing changed its just the labels!!" arent getting it. The labels changing means that the actual # of joker buns is closer to the actual # of nons and even moonswirls than it is to the random stuff in its "tier"
Help me get back into this game!
x Trades x Auction x Collection x FR x
Please send trades!
FlyteofHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 am

Eatha wrote:
myth + destiny wrote:The number of pets might not have changed, but the tags changing has changed everything, some pets are a lot rarer than we thought and now we have the proof to move them to where they belong..

Instead of editing the list, make a rough estimate list based on the rarity changes? Nothing certain or 100%, but just a rough 'this is what this might be valued at now' list that is on the bottom of the first page or something?

I agree, the values wouldn't have changed too much
And making ALL omgsrs on the non tier ''temporarily'' would probably make things WAY too hectic than they already are now.
The best decision is just to have a poll for each OMGSR and decide that way.
Take it slow and easy.
example of a poll for GWJ:
''2 nons
1.5 nons
1 non
Keep as normal''
As if we put the GWJ on the non list, That'd make its value go up by 1 whole sorb, and i think doing that with other things which aren't even worth 1 sorb and are now OMGSR is a little bit much.

But this just proves how wrong we were. We were always undervaluing them, all OMGSRs should be above gap regardless. They are not "still worth 1 sorb" when that was a mistake in the first place. Things are already hectic as so many users feel cheated out of pets because they listened to an inaccurate list.

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ art by the clockwork cat
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20 (lol help i'm missing recents)
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opalineteardrops » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:00 am

Blackiie wrote:
Eatha wrote:
myth + destiny wrote:The number of pets might not have changed, but the tags changing has changed everything, some pets are a lot rarer than we thought and now we have the proof to move them to where they belong..

I agree, the values wouldn't have changed too much
And making ALL omgsrs on the non tier ''temporarily'' would probably make things WAY too hectic than they already are now.
The best decision is just to have a poll for each OMGSR and decide that way.
Take it slow and easy.
example of a poll for GWJ:
''2 nons
1.5 nons
1 non
Keep as normal''
As if we put the GWJ on the non list, That'd make its value go up by 1 whole sorb, and i think doing that with other things which aren't even worth 1 sorb and are now OMGSR is a little bit much.

But this just proves how wrong we were. We were always undervaluing them, all OMGSRs should be above gap regardless. They are not "still worth 1 sorb" when that was a mistake in the first place. Things are already hectic as so many users feel cheated out of pets because they listened to an inaccurate list.

The rare's list was always inaccurate and based on speculation - I feel the latest rarity update only proves that.

I support moving everything up immediately - and then polling them.

If you poll first, add second, It'll take months (this latest poll has already taken far, far too long, and caused arguments - even after it's release - because the outcome was apparently undesirable? I dont remember, I have not been keeping up with the thread. I'm trying not to get in a rant here because the way this has been handled, imo, isnt great. Community decides - community decided - but it's still not good enough. Or that's how it feels...).

The pet's rarity hasn't changed. It's always been THIS rare. We were just completely unaware of it by now. With confidence in the rare's list already dwindling, I fear holding off moving placement up is only going to turn more people away from it - and lose what little confidence is still placed in the rare's list.

If we don't move things immediately, we're going to end up with speculation and vague trade answers - something which has already become a pet peeve with the current OMGSR ("it'll be moved up eventually"- this has been a peeve of mine for a while. I was around when the '09 list was speculation - and that went no where either.) leading to, from what I have seen, large amounts of frustration, and people just locking their list pets and refusing to trade all together.

Things are already hectic. People are already frustrated. Everyone's at each other's necks, and I wonder - how long can we keep this up?

I know change happens slowly, but at this rate, there'll be another rarity change before we get the current pets sorted out - and then what? Is the Rare's List going to continue lagging behind for all eternity?

Players use THIS guide and word of mouth as a primary source of information on trading. Therefore, in my opinion, it is paramount to get this sorted as soon as possible. The Rare's List may not have been intended on becoming law, but that's the way it seems to have become.

That is my concern.
Last edited by opalineteardrops on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
opalineteardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:11 am

I’d rather remove everything that changed than place it where it doesn’t belong. Much like the store pets, we can’t be sure where to put them and slapping them somewhere isn’t going to help.
Now would be a good time to consider removing store pets from the list
With the rarity changes, we need to push the grapes poll now and discuss what the lowest tier will be

Keeping in mind these pets are on the line of being VR and OMGSR it’s really important to note long time OMGSRs are still (hopefully) less common and worth more than the non level. Try not lose your heads, we can’t just slap these things wherever and fix it later. It would be confusing and a lie about their worth and again, I feel it would be easier to remove them or note they aren’t worth their placement right now (not that people really even look)
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nettle_Magpie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:13 am

Opalide- I do understand that this is really frustrating (because ngl I'm a really impatient person) but the Cs community is global, and there are lots of members in areas where people are probably still asleep or about to get up- it's about 6.10 am in the western US, and we obviously don't know where DD lives but as they haven't posted yet they're probably either somewhere like that or somewhere quite far ahead and they haven't got on yet. Tbh, there's probably not going to be an agreement on what we're gonna do until tomorrow once everyone has actually been on
Nettle_Magpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opalineteardrops » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:15 am

Skraeling wrote:Opalide- I do understand that this is really frustrating (because ngl I'm a really impatient person) but the Cs community is global, and there are lots of members in areas where people are probably still asleep or about to get up- it's about 6.10 am in the western US, and we obviously don't know where DD lives but as they haven't posted yet they're probably either somewhere like that or somewhere quite far ahead and they haven't got on yet. Tbh, there's probably not going to be an agreement on what we're gonna do until tomorrow once everyone has actually been on

My apologies - I'm not talking about 24h here. I'm annoyed because this has been an issue going on, spanning months. It's understandable nothing has been done yet - given the rarity change happened mere hours ago - my issue is with list placement, not just restricted to this one issue, has been going on for months.
The FTT has been full of "it's moving up" for months, with little to nothing to show. "it's moving up" isnt a clear answer, but with everything being speculation, there's nothing solid to show, either.
That's my frustration
My apologies if I was not clear. It's 4am right now - coherent thought is difficult at current.
Last edited by opalineteardrops on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
opalineteardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me