*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:49 am

@Banana- really my ‘aha’ moment was when I read over the rares list information a few times through and then looked at the gaps list. It slowly started to click as I looked over trades and tried to put in work to really learn. It took a lot of time, I wasn’t super involved or knowledgeable about this list until about three(maybe 2?) or so years ago. Pretty recently.

And of course because it is usermade not everything will be perfect or make perfect sense, though we’re trying to better that I hope. Lol.

Can I ask what about the list is particularly what’s confusing you or harder to understand? ^^
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:53 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:@Banana- really my ‘aha’ moment was when I read over the rares list information a few times through and then looked at the gaps list. It slowly started to click as I looked over trades and tried to put in work to really learn. It took a lot of time, I wasn’t super involved or knowledgeable about this list until about three(maybe 2?) or so years ago. Pretty recently.

And of course because it is usermade not everything will be perfect or make perfect sense, though we’re trying to better that I hope. Lol.

Can I ask what about the list is particularly what’s confusing you or harder to understand? ^^

Thank you, I guess I’ll try that (:
I guess just getting into like the main list I find it difficult to figure out what things are worth like in quantity trades for example. I find it hard to add stuff up
Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:55 am

Oh yeah that’s definitely hard, I struggled with that too. I’ll pm you and hopefully be able to help out. =)
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:58 am

Banana. wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:@Banana- really my ‘aha’ moment was when I read over the rares list information a few times through and then looked at the gaps list. It slowly started to click as I looked over trades and tried to put in work to really learn. It took a lot of time, I wasn’t super involved or knowledgeable about this list until about three(maybe 2?) or so years ago. Pretty recently.

Thank you, I guess I’ll try that (:
I guess just getting into like the main list I find it difficult to figure out what things are worth like in quantity trades for example. I find it hard to add stuff up

There are mathematical theoretical numbers of values for pets by comparing to lower pets on the list on the post here at the bottom.
Short cuts!
Sunjewel = 5 nons
Any Non dog = 3 sorbets
Any Sorbet = 2 green toxics
Green/Yellow toxic = 2 balloon dogs
Pink/Blue balloon dog = 21 mid-advents or 3 blue roses
Blue rose = 7 mid-advents
Mid-advent (tier 7/8) = 7 09 mixed rares

There's also a break-down of the Rares List in tiers in terms of mid-advents and 09 rares which allow you to theoretically surmise what value is missing and help you select the sort of tiers you may need to fill in those gaps. I have a copy saved in a reply to my trading thread.

Being able to remember and pull those numbers out of your head takes a bit of time but those lists are always there for reference and loose guidance on 'rares list mathematics'. You just need to take into consideration the fact that it's mostly hypothetical and nobody would literally for instance give you 1,000 mid-advents for a Sunjewel or Tiger.
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horror » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm

bettabee wrote:
This is probably a very silly question, I've been out of the loop for a while. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!

Why are certain pets italicized? Is it because they were recently moved, or is it because they will be moving, or is there some reason I'm not getting?

I also apologize if this is mentioned somewhere, I looked but couldn't find anything!

(from the last version of this thread); these were at the bottom of the sept and advent list
* [i]italics = not from September '08 but equivalent in value.
* [i]italics = not from Advent '08 but equivalent in value.

Banana. wrote:I guess I gotta random question too:
Why is the non balloon not a part of the other nons?

noncoon, nonjewel, nonswirl and nontag were all from july 08. nonballoon is from august, and back then even just a small (well about a month) time difference like that made a large difference in value so it’s just not as rare

╔═══════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════╝

_人人人人人人人人人_
)ixx寄らないでよ !xix(
) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(
)  xxxHELLO ‼︎ xxx (
 ̄Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^ ̄

Horror

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Horror wrote:
bettabee wrote:
This is probably a very silly question, I've been out of the loop for a while. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!

Why are certain pets italicized? Is it because they were recently moved, or is it because they will be moving, or is there some reason I'm not getting?

I also apologize if this is mentioned somewhere, I looked but couldn't find anything!

(from the last version of this thread); these were at the bottom of the sept and advent list

thank you so much! C:
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:51 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:I’d actually be interested in waiting to see if after the next rarity update the Bengal goes down to very rare again, so I don’t think waiting on it until then would be too horrible. ^^ if it doesn’t then totally fine, and if it does we’d have to adjust some things.

I think waiting until the rarities are updated would be a good idea as I'd be amazed if it doesn't go back to VR with the re-releases and that will impact what polling options are used and where people vote it to.

It might be a good idea if we decide what tier options are going to be used for the standard poll for VRs that have been OMGSR at some stage.

I think someone suggested Nick Unicorn to UR Banana tiers since that covers all the VRs high on the list that have been OMGSR other than the mountain zebra. Though as both the pets on Nick Unicorn tier are OMGSR so will be moving up that tier will soon be obsolete, as will the UR Peach tier, so maybe it should be Growing White July to UR Banana Tiers but leaving out the Peach tier?

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 pm

bettabee wrote:
Horror wrote:
bettabee wrote:

thank you so much! C:

Yes, these used to be the case. Ive been in the process of removing the italics because really, this information doesnt matter anymore but the list is such a bulk of code that i mustve missed some :)
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 am

@DD I think there’s only some left from what I noticed on tier 5+6 of the September list and then 6 of the advent list. ^^

And yeah I agree rascal, however with some of those tiers potentially disappearing or merging it may be best to address moving those pets first and merging tiers before that? I’m not too sure how to handle that. ^^
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 am

Just coming in here pretty randomly I guess, but are we going to prioritize discussing the URs that haven't been placed on the list yet? I know the current discussion is about the foal and the next in line seems to be the bengal or grapes? It'd probably be better to discuss the placement of new URs than discuss moving older pets first :0