*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby SunRaes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 am

Emerald Eclipse~ wrote:Yeah I agree 100% that if we're more going by rarity alone any very rares above UR lion/non level need to move down.
I'd propose something like this
OMG so rares
Pets that have fluctuated between very rare and OMG so rare since the overhaul e.g. coontail, UR aussie
Nons

Therefore, I'd propose that the UR cucumber, mountain zebra, sunback, UR aussie and coontail formed a tier with the UR lion, directly above the nons. It is clear at this point they are less rare than every pet above them. Then new URs could be placed above that e.g. on the UR phoenix/cinnabun tier or sunback/july PPS tier. If rarity changes due to the re-release this could be modified.

Also, the UR mint tess horse, u-nick-orn, UR grapes, UR malk, UR peach, UR holly, UR bengal, UR pineapple and UR foal would all need to move above the UR lion tier, as well as the UR fox and UR peas when placed, and the galaxy PPS and strawberry if they turn OMG so rare.

I feel like something like this would help with making the rares list more rarity orientated, and with placing new URs.

I agree. I know that "OMGsoRare" seems like just a value, but it also means how rare a pet is. Tess/the staff don't just change rarities because 'they feel like it'. I'm sure they have some sort of graph or chart that tells them how many of a certain pet there is. In other words, an 100% accurate version of the OMGSR and UR Pet count thread. For example, according to that thread, there are 75 Grevys, 88 Plains and 91 Mountain zebras, and out of the three, the Mountain zebra is the only very rare. So obviously, it was rightly placed.

Either, all the Very Rare list pets above UR Lion tier should be moved down (unless they have astounding demand, eg. the Sunback), or all the OMGSRs should be moved up.

I personally am fine with the way things are right now, so I won't push for a change or anything. ^^ But I really think that's a great idea!

I'm gonna be honest. I get kinda nervous posting here, since there are a lot of more educated and experienced users on this thread. Just wanted to give my opinion on the matter! ^^
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 am

Not everyone posts their pets on that thread. The count thread for OMGSR and UR is not very accurate.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opalineteardrops » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am

lucky333123 wrote:Not everyone posts their pets on that thread. The count thread for OMGSR and UR is not very accurate.

I was under the assumption the count thread was accurate, because although not everyone posts their pets, they have an invisible list of every ID for every UR released since 2008 (theye still going through re-release 2018) and that the only ones posted were the ones people requested to be posted, thus the mention about their "invisible list".

(Or maybe I'm thinking of another thread, but I know there is at least one going through and counting everything for hard numbers - irrelevant to posts themselves.)
opalineteardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:53 am

opalineteardrops wrote:
lucky333123 wrote:Not everyone posts their pets on that thread. The count thread for OMGSR and UR is not very accurate.

I was under the assumption the count thread was accurate, because although not everyone posts their pets, they have an invisible list of every ID for every UR released since 2008 (theye still going through re-release 2018) and that the only ones posted were the ones people requested to be posted, thus the mention about their "invisible list".

(Or maybe I'm thinking of another thread, but I know there is at least one going through and counting everything for hard numbers - irrelevant to posts themselves.)

If there was such an invisible list, I never received it from any of the previous owners. I took over roughly 3-4 weeks ago and have been updating since.

I also own the rarity list. We'll resume work on the 12th once Daryll and I get back from vacation.

EDIT;; Removed all mentions of the anon list and update the rules. Should be a pretty simple thread now :)
Last edited by Erythro on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 am

There used to be an anon lost because not everybody wants their pets to be posted on that thread (including me :) due to many trade offers when others included my pets id numbers, i asked to be put on the anon list and my pets shoudlnt be on the count thread, altho i havent checked since the whole ordeal. Hence the rule, only post pets you own on there). I dont think anyone ever went and actually counted all oms so rares ever released, its literally only the ones posted by people on the thread, so its not an accurate representation of the numbers of pets.

We are moving the omg so rares up that belong to be up. After that we can decide whatto do with the very rares that remain that high, but i do want to stress that the rareslist counts more then just rarity. Its not as simple as just to slap all omg so rares above the vrs Nd call it done. Thats what the rarity list will do, show us accurate numbers of how many pets releAsed. Once the rarity list is done we’ll have the numbers and then we can determine what to do but until then, its just a waiting and trying to fix this list game. So step one, move/ place the omg so rares, then move onto the other items on our list.

Glad to see people voicing why they voted what!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 am

Emerald Eclipse~ wrote:Yeah I agree 100% that if we're more going by rarity alone any very rares above UR lion/non level need to move down.
OMG so rares
Pets that have fluctuated between very rare and OMG so rare since the overhaul e.g. coontail, UR aussie
Nons

Therefore, I'd propose that the UR cucumber, mountain zebra, sunback, UR aussie and coontail formed a tier with the UR lion, directly above the nons. It is clear at this point they are less rare than every pet above them. Then new URs could be placed above that e.g. on the UR phoenix/cinnabun tier or sunback/july PPS tier. If rarity changes due to the re-release this could be modified.

Also, the UR mint tess horse, u-nick-orn, UR grapes, UR malk, UR peach, UR holly, UR bengal, UR pineapple and UR foal would all need to move above the UR lion tier, as well as the UR fox and UR peas when placed, and the galaxy PPS and strawberry if they turn OMG so rare.

I feel like something like this would help with making the rares list more rarity orientated, and with placing new URs.

I agree with this mostly. Taking into consideration what dadwarf said and what this is, the rares list doesn't only consider rarity, so there should be some sort of compromise. But I definitely think higher vr's should be looked at as-well as pets that have always been omgsr.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opalineteardrops » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:32 pm

hey uhh
kinda off topic but does anyone know whats going on with that new demand list? is it official or has someone independently decided to make it or whats going on?
im so confused, i thought the whole change in rares list was to get away from demand?
opalineteardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Constellation. » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:41 pm

andreas⠀ wrote:
OMG so rares
Nons

I agree with this mostly. Taking into consideration what dadwarf said and what this is, the rares list doesn't only consider rarity, so there should be some sort of compromise. But I definitely think higher vr's should be looked at as-well as pets that have always been omgsr.

I also kind of agree with this, but with the whole compromise thing I think we should make more than a few tiers. We can still go mainly by rarity for the big picture but I think demand should be factored in some when placing all the higher very rares so they're not all stuck on one tier.
Happy Dec. 18th! Watch my risk pets grow!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Constellation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm

opalineteardrops wrote:hey uhh
kinda off topic but does anyone know whats going on with that new demand list? is it official or has someone independently decided to make it or whats going on?
im so confused, i thought the whole change in rares list was to get away from demand?

I've not heard about this List aside from chatter on a Discord server I'm in.
As far as I'm aware it's 100% independent as we are trying to move away from demand to make a more accurate Rares List.

---

I personally voted for the Banana tier, as I don't believe it's as rare as the UR Cat or anything (aside from the VRs) above it.
The Cucumber, Coontail and Aussie are all VR and cannot be rarer than the Foal (all of which should be moved down purely on the fluctuations in rarity), the only outlier is the Phoenix which should be moved up anyway as I believe it's rarer as it's been OMG since the release in 2013, but conflict in that there are 3 VRs above it on the List made me ultimately choose the Banana tier.

I hope I made sense.

---

I hope now we've made a standardised polling system we can quickly move onto rearranging the rest of the URs, and then the matter of rearranging pets placed out of demand.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:27 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:Hi guys. I had someone send this to me who wishes to remain anon:

I voted sunjewel because to me since we don’t know which OMGSR is worth more rarity wise than others, they all should be equal and at the top of the list. They are all going to be at the top for the rarity list so why not start now. Using demand will just continue to make this an inaccurate list for people to use. It should be up to the user to decide demand value, not the list. You are basically allowing the few to decide value based on demand for the many.

nickjr wrote:snip

I voted Dogtag tier for reasons others already stated: the UR Foal should be above any VR pet that doesn't have astronomical demand, and last time I checked, the Mountain Zebra doesn't exactly have noteworthy demand? (correct me if I'm wrong) so since that's the highest VR on the List, the UR Foal should at least be at the Mountain Zebra's level, which is currently the Dogtag tier

snip

These are similar reasons to why I voted Dogtag tier. The foal has been OMGSR from release and I honestly believe all the pets that have always been OMGSR or at least since the overhaul are much closer in rarity than people realise and obviously it's rarer than the VRs on the list such as the mountain zebra also on Dogtag tier so I don't personally think it should be below a VR. I also have not found the foal to have bad demand and have always managed to trade them for above list placement despite the rumour mill of the fair trade thread, probably due to them being a cute pps OMGSR. I honestly think that it is only the rumour mill & the very low placement that has kept them from being at least as valued as the Bee & Zonkey. I also see quite a few Dogtags, Moonswirls, Zebras, Sunjewels & UR Tigers around (and seem to be offered them all quite regularly) so think they all compare to the foal availability.

ElementalInsanity wrote:It’s been brought up before and I honestly think it would be a good idea to sometime discuss merging some of the tiers. Getting rid of of the ur Lion and peach tier, maybe merging the spotted tribal with the one above it since there isn’t a huge difference between the two, looking at some others we can merge.

I think merging tiers that are close in value or where the pets normally swap easily would be a great idea.

OMG so rares
Nons

I like the idea of moving some the VRs down & combining their tiers but I personally think pets that have only been back at VR for a short time or that bounce between VR & OMGSR, such as the Mountain Zebra, Coontail & UR Bengal (which I fully expect to go back down once the recent re-releases are counted in the rarity system) should be a tier higher than the pets that haven't been OMGSR for years such as the nons, Sunback, UR Aussie, UR Lion & UR Cucumber.

Pretty sure it's already been agreed that all the OMGSRs below UR Aussie tier will have to be put up to vote with this new poll eventually :)

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me