Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Verdana » Fri May 30, 2014 6:10 am

candypatch wrote:to: everyone
do you think i would have a chnace to do a artist or should i try improvment

Your gallery is looking great!

However, to be a CS artist we require a lot of things. Artists need to be able to use art programs outside oekaki pretty well, and know a lot of different techniques and digital drawing tools. Right now, you're probably going to need a bit of work before you're at the level we'd consider.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Fri May 30, 2014 6:26 am

credence wrote:
            To: Everyone

What are the parts of your position that you love and hate the most?

Jeez, I think I might be the only one who actually likes the approval queue. xD There's something satisfying about getting it from a couple hundred down to 0. And I feel like I get to really know some of the members whose posts are in the approval queue frequently, since I see so many of their drawings and posts. Probably my favorite thing is answering help tickets. Also just cleaning up spam in general. I like things neat and orderly.

There's nothing I really hate, although like Dana said, giving warnings is never fun. Also, "my posts" gets pretty clogged up with all the topics that I have to post in, so there's a lot to sift through to find the threads I'm actually looking for.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudsong » Fri May 30, 2014 7:52 am

credence wrote:

I'd say that the thing I love the most from my position is when I'm able to step into a fight and resolve it. I know that as a roleplay moderator this isn't the main thing I deal with, but there's just something very satisfying about stepping in and defending a user who's being bullied or purposefully excluded by a group. I've hated bullying since I experienced it as a kid in school, and so being able to help out those who are being mistreated is really great. My hope has always been that the users who are told off for bullying might learn a lesson too, and might change.

Aaaand to answer the other part of the question, I'd say that I honestly do not hate anything about it... I do dislike dealing with art theft, because it really is just so unnecessary and a tedious task. Users who rip pictures off of the internet without caring about the theft they're committing really bug me. x.x
I'm no longer an active member of this community, but I'm always looking to commission art of my dog, Pascal the Pomeranian! ^^ PM me if you're interested in drawing him, and we can discuss payment.
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QUITTING - » Fri May 30, 2014 9:44 am

To: Anyone

When you first started, what pet did you want the most? c;
I have decided to stop collecting pets for myself! I will only keep a couple, ones that I really want. Keep that in mind while trading with me!

QUITTING -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rockylin » Fri May 30, 2014 9:47 am

To everyone: What events, updates or other things do you remember that you have enjoyed most or been most excited about on CS through the years when they were introduced, and why?

(Me myself for example, have loved when a new (recurring) species have been introduced! And when the horse art were going to change recently, honestly, have been waiting for that since yulynh's lineart came around. I also appreciated when the wishlist were introduced, made CS-life so much easier.)
Rockylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pastel. » Fri May 30, 2014 9:53 am

To: any/everybody;
When you first became a mod,
did you feel like you were
treated with more respect?

four ;;
____ _ _ ____ _ _NO WIND FLEW
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
QuizTradesPetsUFACoding
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
pastel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Fri May 30, 2014 9:54 am

Fire. wrote:To: Anyone

I have loved PPS pets since this one grew from my very first adopts. The pet I wanted the most when I first started was the July 2008 PPS, because it was the rarest and hardest to get out of them all. I completed my PPS collection with it a few months ago!

Beatus wrote:

Do you have any real life pets? If so, please tell us their names and show us what they look like! ;3

I have two cats, a tabby named Josie and a cream Scottish fold named Luna!
ImageImage

Rockylin wrote:To everyone: What events, updates or other things do you remember that you have enjoyed most or been most excited about on CS through the years when they were introduced, and why?

I was overjoyed when the roleplaying forums were split up, because it made finding what everyone wanted easier and now that I'm a mod I can really appreciate how much it means to the community!

pastel. wrote:

four ;;

Honestly I hyped it up for myself a lot, but I feel like it hasn't really changed. I still try to interact with the community/roleplay in the same way I did before, and I hope that no users find me unapproachable due to the colored name. I'm always open to chat, trade, and write with the community!
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri May 30, 2014 10:29 am

A Random Moustache wrote:To Anyone:
What does your custom pets look like? (I'm curious of who owned the rock sent to the pound OuO)

Mine's a calico tabby, of course! She's in my signature. C:

♥chuwy♥ wrote:To anyone :

What is that one thing that attracted you to play CS?

Originally it was warriors--the pets and the roleplays. What made me stay was the pet designs in general and the forums. C:

credence wrote:

I love being able to help people out and solve problems, even if it's something as simple as moving a topic. What I hate would have to be telling my friends or people I'm chatting with when they're breaking site rules--I'm a moderator, so I can't just ignore the little things like I would when I was a normal member!

Fire. wrote:To: Anyone

That would have to be this guy!
I didn't really look much at the older pets when I was new, and this was one of my first missed outcomes.

Beatus wrote:

Do you have any real life pets? If so, please tell us their names and show us what they look like! ;3

Cali and Stripes! They're the reason for my username. C:
This is a bit of an old picture--they're both a little older and quite a bit fatter now--but still as adorable as ever!

Rockylin wrote:To everyone: What events, updates or other things do you remember that you have enjoyed most or been most excited about on CS through the years when they were introduced, and why?

(Me myself for example, have loved when a new (recurring) species have been introduced! And when the horse art were going to change recently, honestly, have been waiting for that since yulynh's lineart came around. I also appreciated when the wishlist were introduced, made CS-life so much easier.)

I loved the new cat lines when they were introduced. ^^ It was nice having growing kittens instead of just adopting full grown cats.

pastel. wrote:

four ;;

I mostly noticed that people were more intimidated. I got a few people saying they were scared when they first saw that I'd posted on their topic or PMed them--they thought they were in trouble! Even some friends found my green name strange at first, though I think they've since realized I haven't changed. x3
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devonsona » Fri May 30, 2014 10:36 am

to : any one who disisgned a pet

what was it like when you got to make your first litter
Y O U T U B ED E V I A N T A R TR E D P E T SS O N G
𝑻 𝒉 𝒐 𝒖 𝒈 𝒉 𝒕 𝑰 ' 𝒅 𝒃 𝒆 𝒅 𝒆 𝒂 𝒅 𝒃 𝒚 𝒏 𝒐 𝒘
T U M B L RS P O T I F Y M I XB O Y F R I E N DP E T S
Devonsona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sky Kimimota » Fri May 30, 2014 11:00 am

To anyone: What is your favorite species to create adoptables for? (Sorry, not sure on the best way to word this DX)

If you haven't ever been a CS artist, what species do you like the most?
Sky Kimimota

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me