August Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: August Discussion Thread

Postby Nitro Indigo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 pm

I just realized that it looks like the white-toed bongo is smiling.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyazihr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:46 am

the hoarding urge is to muchhh....must resist those dogs!
dA | insta | hello there c:
Hyazihr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zet137 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 am

How can you not like the munchkins? They're adorable, the lineart edits are great, and they deserve the hype they have! The Scottish Fold is my favourite though, as I love folds, and she looks so innocent!

Of course, the lion. How could we forget him? He IS adorable and I like his colours, and I can understand the massive demand for him.

I don't like owls, but this particular outcome really struck me! I think it's those colours...

I was curious when I saw the caterpillar for this litter. It reminded me of patchwork, and then we got these beauties! The blue one is easily my favourite.

These cats are cute and I had good expections when I saw their newborn stage, I'm glad they upheld them! The tortoiseshell outcome confuses me with it's wrench-like smudge, but ah well, people can dress it up in steampunk and have a reason.

I was NOT expecting these rats at all, seriously! They reminded me of lava lamps when I first saw them. I don't like them enough to go adopt newborns on the 31st of August, but they're a nice change from the normal rat agenda.

I don't like the flower dogs. They seem tacky. No offence to the artist. This particular one has a really jarring green, and I just can't bring myself to like them. The red one has a nice shade of... red, but the flowers just ruin it for me.

I've never liked horses, these ones just seem cluttered and thrown together with no thought. They're stunning, but their colour choices could be better.

Still not a fan of horses, but the colour on this one is absolutely lovely ♥

This litter is BEAUTIFUL! Their markings are just so well done, I can't find a flaw in them. I chose this one because I love brown, hehe.

Not a huge fan of the litter, but I LOVE this one, and am quite fond of the white-toed one, too.

I LOVE the store dogs! Apart from the green one. But the black, white and yellow ones I absolutely adore ♥

I'm excited for tonight! I hope September's pets are just as great!

my name's zet and im a he
☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
「じゃじゃーじゃーーん!俺
ベクター!」
im very busy atm so if you need me
pm me !
「絶望 zetsubou, noun;
despair
gif; starbeasts|pixels; cdc
zet137

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopardy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:51 am

My monthly Faves are these, quite much this time:
Image Image Image

The first one, yeah, his white toes, his cute eyes, the smiling, the nose and the ears <3 All together its so cute <3
Second one, I begin to like purple after all now...and I like floppy eared dogs the most after the ones of the first dog i posted^^" And I like his tail somehow :lol:
Third one, it´s my favourite litter this month and this is my favourite outcome it reminds me a bit of sugar and cinnamon being mixed <3

I´m not that fond of the munchkins. They are sweet and I like them after all, but I prefer the normal looking Cats & PPS Cats, so this one is my favourite Cat of the month. I like it´s marking and his eyes got me ^-^

I can´t say much about him. I like its colors and that´s why he´s my favourite BW of the month^^"

Favourite Pony <3
I´m fan of brighter colors, like yellow or orange, so this Pony seems absolutely perfect for me ^-^ I also like the little pink mixed in there :3

He reminds me of this LavaLamps and I quite like the color ^-^
Leopardy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Candor » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 am

My Favorites:

This was my favorite of them all. When I saw the owl, the face was cute in my opinion and looked amazing. To amazing that I hoarded 10 of them.

Normally, brown and green don't much alot. But here, they matched perfectly and blended well together. This is my only favorite from the bwolfs. The colors, just perfect. That is all I can say :)

ImageImageImage
These are my favorites of the cats. The first I liked because the floppy ears made it looked cuddly and nice and gentle. The second I liked in general, I pretty sure not why. I just liked it. The last I liked as well. I think it has to be a persian cat or whatever they're called. I'm not sure if that what they are, but I do like those type of cats. I would want these in real life, but sadly I'm allergic to cats.

I liked this one because the designs and color made me think of cinnamon buns, and I do like cinnamon buns! XD

ImageImage
These looked nice. I believed we figured out they are desined after another animal. But they look fairly nice. I like them :)

ImageImageImage
The horses had very well designs. I forgot what they were designed after but they looked really nice. The ponies were also nice, but unfortantly they couldn't make my list here..

ImageImage
Nice owls and designed very well. That's all I can say.

I liked all the mouses, but I liked how the blue one looked best.
Candor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 am

I'm not usually bothered to actually come to this thread and give my thoughts on the recent pets, but I love this month's pets so much, I just felt I had to add my two cents to the thread. I'll mention the designs I loved the most first and work my way down.

I'm like the majority of CS users, by how I'm not a huge fan of CS rats. Sure, they've had some nice designs, this years January rats were lovely, but to be honest, I find them a little too boring or plain at times. Though in the artists' defense, there's not that much you can do with a rat in comparison to say, butterfly wolves or dogs. They are small and simple animals. A little body, with a face and tail. But, wow. I thought this months rats were spectacular. It's a really creative design for these small creatures. They totally remind me of lava lamps, lol. I like the colors, but it would have been fun to see more of them, say, a red one or a yellow one.
ImageImageImage

Of all the owls I have seen on CS, this set of owls is by far my favorite. It's about time we got some real owls here on CS! ^^
ImageImage

Sticking with the theme of real animals on CS, the dwarf cats are also on the top of this months best pets. In fact, they're one of my favorite litters of cats. I suppose I also have to mention the lion which some people were lucky enough to adopt with the cats. The design is great, but I think enough has been said about that little guy, with the chaos that happened when it was first released. xD
ImageImageImageImage

Usually I'm not a huge fan of the horses on CS, but this months ones are awesome :lol: I don't know what people have been calling them or what they're supposed to look like, if anything, but they kind of remind me of frogs, or some reptile, lol.

The dogs of this month are awesome too. I like the flowery dogs, they're quite colorful. I also like the flop eared dogs, they're cute. And the Bongo dogs are epic.
ImageImageImage

Lastly I'll mention the butterfly wolves and the ponies. They're not bad, they're really nice, but I feel considering the other pets of this month, they're to me not the most memorable. I love the butterfly wolves because they remind me of gemstones, but in all honesty, I don't get the ponies. Oh well, not everybody will, guess I'm that person this occasion. ^^
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stirrupirons » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:39 am

My Favorites:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
[i'll edit this and add why later!]
stirrupirons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:13 am

Out of the owl litter, this one has to be my favorite. The snowy owl is a close second and the barn and spectacled owl aren't far behind. I think it was the ear edits that really got the eagle owl through to me. It's just so unique and it's clear that a lot of effort was put into its design. Out of all the owl litters, though, this group has been my favorite. Excellent way to dismiss the owls from the adoptions <3

ImageImage
The whole litter of cats is love for me, but those two cats claim first. I love the smooth, textured designs on the torbie calico (along with her eyes that look somehow more feminine to me) and the orange tabby... I don't know what gets me about him. He's just so precious <333

ImageImageImageImage
I can't pick a favorite out of these ratties. This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful litter of rats I've seen on here. Congratulations to the artist for spending so much time on these guys and coming up with such a detailed and eye-catching design. I've never even seen rats that have this much detail! I'll admit that I wasn't very impressed in their baby stage but wow, did they turn that around <3

ImageImage
Again, I can't pick just one from this litter. These two are my favorites, only because their colors are that much more vibrant. It's an absolutely beautiful litter and I really hope that I didn't cause any offense to the artist when I said that I just didn't like the silver and gold one quite as much! I'm absolutely in love with these butterfly-wolves and will cling to them as everyone else scrambles around to get the other more in-demand species ^^

Of course, I couldn't help but give in to this sweetie like the others on CS have. She's my favorite, though likely because I've seen that precious look from my own kitten too many times <3 Overall this litter was great. I'm so glad we have munchkins now! Perhaps we'll have more breed-specific edits in the future.

This horse is my favorite of this litter, mostly because of the teal color. I just love it, it's so pretty~

Again, I love the entire litter, but this little girl is just so sweet-looking and melancholy at the same time. Like someone going through rough times and is feeling really sad but is hiding behind a smile. That's probably why she's my favorite <3

I actually really like the ponies. They remind me of a disco dance or something ^^ This one is my favorite because of the blues. They look really pretty with each other.

Now, I'm biased because I tend to like dark-colored pets more, but I really like this dog. I know everyone is saying he's a bongo, but he could be anything really. I just like his face. It's youthful and cute and just makes me want to snuggle the little puppy <3

ImageImageImage
I can't really pick a favorite from these guys, but I do like the litter. It reminds me of petite china teacups and porcelain, which looks nice on the dog and will be great fun to use as a base for dress-up. Unfortunately I didn't get the flop-eared purple rose, so I'll have to trade for it ^^'

And I believe that's it! All I can really say now is that August has not disappointed me <3 It may possibly be the best month yet! Can't wait to see how the artists are gonna top this off.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sundance, » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 am

╒═════ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ═════╕
Image ━━━Image ━━━Image
streusel the kalon ━━fyz the jbd ━━winter the jbd
╘═══════════════════════╛

sʜɪɴᴇ
------------------➸ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

Image━━━━━Image
sundance,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nine999 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Wasn't all that wild over this month's outcomes. The strobe-light ponies are probably my top favorites, as I really like each outcome =) The Eagle Owl was the best of the owls by far I think! I found most of the dog and 2nd gen cat outcomes very boring, and I'm just not fond of Munchkin cats. It was a pretty diverse month though, I'll give them that :)
Nine999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me