Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Shy » Tue May 21, 2024 2:32 pm

2kcarat_gold wrote:I have been wondering this question since the first release of staff pets, but how are themes picked and what inspiration does the staff pull from or use as reference when creating the staff pets? would love to hear from different staff members!

As far as choosing a color palette goes, there’s usually a lot of discussion that goes into what colors/shades everyone wants to see, what colors have been used too recently or frequently (whether it’s other staff litters or GH kitties), etc. There are always a ton of cool palette suggestions, and everyone who is participating is welcome to nominate one. It all goes through a ranked voting system and voilà—that’s how it’s ultimately chosen!

I’m the worst person to ask about inspiration though. Historically I’ve just made random designs until I produce something that I like! I also draw some inspiration from nature, as I think many of us do :^)
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Schuyler » Tue May 21, 2024 4:59 pm

2kcarat_gold wrote:I have been wondering this question since the first release of staff pets, but how are themes picked and what inspiration does the staff pull from or use as reference when creating the staff pets? would love to hear from different staff members!

Same as Shy, I just try random stuff until a more concrete idea pops into my head or I just decide I like how the randomness turned out and go with that, lol.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage