*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach discussion, come help!

Postby iconerfatty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Making another list.. I agree with lord smoothie. If we used different imfomation to make another list there is a high chance that things will be VERY different. Pets may be in the highest tier of the new list but then the "rares list guide" is released is may be completely differnt
x
┎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┒

She/Her ║ March 10
Hi there! I'm iconerfatty and you can call me
Icon or Iconer for short. I make a lot of silly
typos so I'm sorry if my message doesn't
really make sense. I collect CS bunnies and
I'm 33 away till I have all of them! I live in
Canada C: I'm also quite fluent in Chinese.
©

┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
x

iconerfatty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Sinbreaker wrote:
Nicole wrote:
leru wrote:
    We could all try and work together on a new rarity only list? Since there's been no updates on the one that was in progress.
    We can do a google doc, so we can all edit and collaborate on it too.
    Like you said, Sinbreaker, the new players are just being thrown straight into a fire.

yes, I think that would be a good idea. I would love to work on a new list through docs.

There were a lot of threads and spreadsheets created with a lot of pet data, through it we discovered things we didn't know about pets, for instance we discovered that Green Toxics were appearing a lot less then its littermates yet it sat at the bottom of the littermate ladder.

Yet I don't know what happened to these list. The community stopped working on them. I want to know why. Did we give up? Did the players who were running the threads decide it wasn't worth working on anymore?

I’ve been keeping up with discussion of the list in the works. This is the link to the thread for it. It is still being worked on, believe me, it’s just that the users most knowledgeable on stats, etc. have real life stuff going on.
    I don’t think starting another rarity list project would be a good idea. This one already has a lot of data and very knowledgeable users working on it. I think the best way to help would be to go over to that thread and voice an opinion. It could start another discussion and maybe get the ball rolling a little bit quicker again. c:

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Crestalia wrote:
It's very possible they come up with their own trading list and use that. Everyone is allowed to value their pets how they want to, right? The stats list can be continued to be worked on while users coming up with their own trading guides and lists. That's how this list came about, believe it or not! The first edition was just a bunch of users values crammed into one list!

I never said that the May Lioness had to be added by the way. Just that we should look at some trades. I haven't seen any ridiculous overpay trades for the May Lioness, literally ever. I've seen people ask an 09 rare or two but it is a 2010 very rare after all.

of course everyone can value their pets how they want and have their own trading list. But we’re talking about a group effort that has been months and months in the making. That can’t just be thrown aside right now. As I said, these users eager to help are more than welcome to go there and help and see them what can be done. A random list thrown together will not benefit the broken trading community, though.

Why look at trades though when we know it’s not rare enough to add to the list? I’m sorry, I must be confused or not understanding.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clawdina » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Sinbreaker wrote:But it's not just the store pets who are being affected.

I saw a post on tumblr the other day that said something along the lines of "A Non-Dog isn't even worth a Non" And its sad because it's true. List trading is falling apart because of demand, but not just because of the store pets. The other list pets who have earned their placement are being deemed "unpopular" and therefore "not worth much". I'm not talking about Grinners, Pink Septembers, Green Toxic or fruit. Things that have had struggling demand for years. I'm talking about the dogs on the seventh tier, the 09 UR dog, the Non Dogs, the Sorbets. The things that have had stable demand for such a long time but now are only stepping stones for fodder in getting the store pets and high demand list.

It's falling apart and a reform needs to come quickly or else the economy- no the game is going to fall apart. The Rare's List needs update more than it needs add ons and additions. It needs to address these concerns quickly before all the older players either side with "not worth fixing, I got my collection" and "might as well quit."

We can't leave CS in this state for the newbies that are flooding in. It won't be fun for them, CS won't be fun for anyone. Everyone should have the chance to reach their dream pet without having to give up their entire collection for one animal.

Yes. This bothers me greatly, as the only way I can get any pet I wish to get, I normally have to give up dream pets that took other dream pets to get. This is just ridiculous.
And I 100% agree that demand is ruining this site. It's no longer as fun for me since everyone thinks that a bunny isn't worth it's estimated value, and a raven dog is valued at more than 10 times its true value, partially because it being a store pet (I actually see many of them so they aren't super rare, but considering those will be the only ones in existence until the ones in the pound are recirculated).

And on the rarity list matter, is is very important that this is completed soon, or else hundreds of older players will practically quit because the only way you can trade is if you have store pets, and newbies will be thrown into this mess without any context, and people influencing them in negative ways, making them confused.

she/her | ace ♠️
Need to vent?
Want help?
My PMs are open!
Looking for Art
Barn + Stables
Clawdina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm

to help with the UR Peach discussion, I was offered a non-coon for my peach and the general consensus was that it was fair! I believed it to be fair as well! Posting here for the first time, hope this helps! ^^
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:28 pm

I agree that users are demanding ridiculous amounts for list store pets. Sure, in 10 years, they'll probably be the rarest pets in the game. But they're not the rarest now. We live in the present, trade with what's happening in the present, not the future. I think a good way to fix this problem is to add a separate list for store pets. The store pets list.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raiden shogun » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Mozzy. wrote:
my turn
Yes - one day the Store pets will become rarer than normal pets because they had a limited release, but that doesn't warrant the prices they're going for now. While I agree that certain Store pets should be on the List for rarity reasons, people seem to take the fact they're on the List and demand more and more and more. You can't do a fair trade for even the lowest ranked Store pets, such as the Basilisk Litter. Trust me - I've tried. I either get a rude message back because "it's not worth that it's worth more" or no message at all. The Store Horses are worse still, everyone wants them and is demanding / paying much more than they're worth.

For hoarder and richer players - yes I'm going to use the word rich because frankly, it's true - it's easy to pay the demands (or even make them if you're one of those players and buys low and sells high). But they're just fueling the fire. Poorer players and newbies have little to no hope of even getting their foot in the door for List trading unless they're happy to settle on the ones that the makers of the Rares List said were 'not worth their place' or 'worth nothing at all'.

It's taken me years to trade off my Palomino Tess Horse, simply because people won't trade fair or even a slight underpay for it. Because someone once said 'it's not worth that'.

-snip-

i had the perfect amount for a t1 advent(since i didn't even have one) and:
decline
decline
decline
decline
decline
decline
and then i quit because it wasn't fun (then my friend gifted me a t6 advent and yeah,,)
    lesbian ♡ plant fan
raiden shogun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpyroMello » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Regarding the "New" List Discussion:
I believe CS stated somewhere on the site that they're going to work with users to create a "List" a giant compiled one not split up into 3, and have that one be the official "List." So before some of you jump into the work and labor of making a new one, consider this. CS staff is understanding how important the Lists are and how it helps with fair trading. We've all gone by these "Lists" for years and almost the entire site goes by it. If a small group of you creates a new one, it will not only mess up everyone's sight on value of specific pets, but it'll confuse them. We are a small voice of a big community. That's why we have this thread on CS. So anyone can come and voice their opinion. If we have another discussion off site that gets buried in these pages, no one will know. There will be threads and users who go by the "Old List" and the "New List" and it'll make trading more difficult. I'd suggest trying to work it out here before starting clean and creating an entirely new "List."

Regarding the Demand Issue:
I do believe most users have something called Greed. We all want to achieve our "dreamies" and be able to trade without having to lose a pet we love. When there's auctions and trades, most expect overpay, especially for List pets or other valuable pets like the Shima. I believe it's greed that's causing the demand issue but I think we all know this and I don't think we should be using this thread to rant about it.

Regarding the "Other" Pets being added or not:
I've been able to find the St. Patrick's Tess Dragon relatively common when I trade with users. Not as much as most pets but it's something I can find every 5 or so users I trade with. The July Lioness I hardly fine and the August PPS I see almost all the time in the Auction thread. I do believe that they shouldn't be added because while they are VR there's no shortage of them like there is with (example) the Moonswirl/Dogtag litter. This topic should be discussed after the Peach placement though as that has been put off for 2 years now.

Regarding the Peach Placement:
I still stand with the Peach being placed on the Hollydog tier as most trades we've been able to gather so far, have it valued between 1 non or 2 sorbets. I haven't seen it's value fluctuate much since it's release and it doesn't seem like it will anytime soon either, although it is the most favored fruit/veggie out there so far (that I've seen so correct me if I'm wrong.) Most of you seem to agree with it being placed on that tier as well, so please, by all means discuss more if you think it should be placed differently :)
- SpyroMello
Quit, due to inactivity
SpyroMello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:26 am

SpyroMello wrote:Regarding the "New" List Discussion:
I believe CS stated somewhere on the site that they're going to work with users to create a "List" a giant compiled one not split up into 3, and have that one be the official "List." So before some of you jump into the work and labor of making a new one, consider this. CS staff is understanding how important the Lists are and how it helps with fair trading. We've all gone by these "Lists" for years and almost the entire site goes by it. If a small group of you creates a new one, it will not only mess up everyone's sight on value of specific pets, but it'll confuse them. We are a small voice of a big community. That's why we have this thread on CS. So anyone can come and voice their opinion. If we have another discussion off site that gets buried in these pages, no one will know. There will be threads and users who go by the "Old List" and the "New List" and it'll make trading more difficult. I'd suggest trying to work it out here before starting clean and creating an entirely new "List."
-snip-

Do you have a link to where you saw mention of an official list by any chance? I'd love there to be an official list of which pets are actually the rarest (without having to actually count all the pets as is being done now) but Tess has always been adamant that they would not release that information. I know there are some members of the staff working on the new rarity only list but they are working on it as normal members, not in any official CS role. I can understand why everyone is getting frustrated waiting for the new list, it has taken well over a year since the rarity only list was decided on and in the meantime the CS economy has continued to spiral out of control but at least we know when the new rarity list is eventually completed it will be as accurate as possible with no demand added in.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 am

CS staff have nothing to do with the List. We do not endorse or follow it any more or less than any regular user. This is a community-driven project, but it is by no means official. By only allowing one list, you are taking away the freedom of speech of other users. It is entirely up to the user whether they want to follow the List or not. I also only worked on the List when it was first created and I was a normal user, not a GH or mod. ^^

In regards to the UR Peach placement, I think that placing it at a non would be absurd. Fruits have lower demand in general and for everyone who loves the Peach, there is someone who still values dogs/wolves higher. I like the idea of placing it on the UR Holly tier.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes