How do you feel about no april fools event?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How do you feel about no april fools event?

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 am

Minimanta wrote:Okay, apparently my memory is just terrible. April Fool's has happened during the Easter event several times:
In '13 we had our avatars changed into goofy dogs.

2023 we also had one day only drops from the Easter banner since it overlapped there
archive/2013/Easter/Items/

The teeth and the jack-in-the-box

As for an actual opinion, I am completely indifferent. I like the changed pets, but I don't mind it being skipped.

I was looking through my groups and forgot that we actually came full circle because of an April Fools event

Image > Image > Image

The year pets turned into furniture, there was a petition to get the fox fountain as a pet or item. We got it as an item, and then designed back into a pet
Last edited by Wookieinmashoo on Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:54 am

LOL Nothing the admins do makes everyone happy.
Sure, most people like/enjoy April Fool's.
But every single year there are massive complaints about it.
Some of the complaints are understandable, due to sensory or other issues of course. The couple of times both holidays overlapped were just brutal though. It was like the stress of token hunting + pet changes just made things go in to overload.

I 100% understand not wanting that to happen again, and I'm fine without a prank today,
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KhajiitKennedy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:40 am

April Fools has always been my favorite and in really sad about it. Staff isn't lazy or anything, I guess it makes sense. Two events at once would require alot of planning and coding (I know nothing I'm guessing).

But still, the one changed word I always looked forward too in the forum. And they could have done what they did in the past and changed our PFP temporarily.

But it is what it is.
ImageImageImageImage
KhajiitKennedy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:05 am

I was slightly sad to see nothing this year. I personally don't understand rejecting content that I can consume. Lol
But I am glad the staff didn't push themselves since they already had something going on.
Random music I change every few days: 🎵This for you, Clapwagon🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyliePearl » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:10 am

I'm a little disappointed bc this is my first April Fool's Day on CS, but its completely understandable that there's none this year. However, the staff has had a lot on their plate with Easter and such, besides, there's always next year :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

99% of people in the world enjoy skittles. .99% of people in the world do NOT enjoy skittles. Post this to your signature if you are part of the .01% who stand in the street throwing skittles at small children while screaming, "Taste the Freaking RAINBOW!"

Hopelessly addicted to Candy Crush

KyliePearl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shurikenfox » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:14 am

I don’t really get what all the fuss for an April Fool’s event is about. April Fool’s day is arguably one of the absolute worst holidays we celebrate as a society due to all the pranks that are made, which tend to alienate multiple people. I’m fine with just getting a couple of pets. They’ve had enough to deal with as is with the Easter event, both art wise and programming wise. Like sure, they could try and stretch themselves that thin, but Easter was probably a whole marathon for the team.

Honestly, I find some peoples’ attitudes around this lack of event quite frankly entitled. Like ok, being a bit upset is one thing. But you can deal without there being multiple events happening at once, and not be rude about it. They’ve already given us a ton during this years’ events.
Torra/Midnight/Akai/Vixen | He/Xe/It
Autistic/ADHD, Transmasc Demifluid, Welsh Artist
I’ve now got an art shop open! If you have pets you don’t want anymore, maybe spend them here in exchange for art?
shurikenfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Vellichor. » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:06 am

I'm indifferent, really.

Though, I'm on plenty of other pet/collectible sites that are doing April Fool's events (on top of their other seasonals and regular events) and sometimes it almost gets overwhelming having all these things going on everywhere, all at once. Not really needing to worry about CS is almost a relief to me this year, especially when I'm still very focused on finishing up the egg hunt. But I also totally get why someone might be bummed there wasn't much to commemorate the day on CS! The pets were nice though.

»──────────────────── Image ────────────────────«

The Doctor | They/It/He | Adult

"Never be cruel. Never be cowardly. Remember hate is always foolish,
and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

.Vellichor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:33 am

(gently removes mod hat) okay to be fully clear, I definitely do not speak on behalf of CS, admins, other mods, artists, etc., etc., etc., and have no insider knowledge on the decision to forego april fools this year. this is just my personal take so let me pass around the salt grains!

that being said, this is a crazy time of year on CS! we have the collision of Easter (which requires a ton of content), April monthlies/new store pets, april fools, and CS’s birthday all around the same time.

we just had a couple of amazing artists retire, and many more staffers are dealing with real life stuff behind the scenes. I think that some years are just easier to tackle than others. if I had to make the decision to skip one thing to save the team some stress, I’d also be skipping the one that has historically had a very mixed reception among our userbase. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i’m by no means trying to make excuses for why it was skipped (personally I’ve always been in the camp of users that is kinda indifferent about april fools so I’m already biased in more than one way here), but I think approaching the situation with a bit of compassion and understanding that our artists/staffers are real life people with full plates on and offline goes a long way.

anyways that’s all I really have to say on this, thanks for reading!
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:36 am

I totally missed the announcement about it. Sure, im a little bummed but I understand why theres none!
I'd hate to overwork the staff, especially Nick assuming he's been doing all the coding.

I think people should remember the staff team is voluntary, they all have lives outside of chicken smoothie and that should be respected. We got some amazing pets this past week ( St Patricks day, Easter, new store pets, and the monthly pets ) and I think it makes up for it! After all, it's just a pixel game :)

Calling the staff "lazy" or "disingenuous" is just untrue. They're doing this work for free, simply because they enjoy it and it makes people happy. /nm

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mountaindragon » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:29 am

I'm disappointed, but I kinda understand their reasoning.
mountaindragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me