Why Do People Hoard?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Why Do People Hoard?

Postby halcyoncreature » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:02 pm

i dont full on hoard, but i have collections that sorta mimic it ig. I have a collection of a bunch of really small pets (eg; pps hamsters, otters and bunnies) and the vast majority of them are very commons and lower. They dont have much purpose or worth, i just like looking at them. I think them being so small is silly and having them makes me happy. I'll probably unlock the folder eventually, but i dont see any harm in it atm and also brain go brr when silly (page) number go up

ℍ𝕖/𝕙𝕚𝕞
𝕀 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕖
𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕤
𝕦𝕡𝕠𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥 :𝔻

<-- 𝙲𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎!
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 -->
halcyoncreature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberry_dolly » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:43 am

similar to everyone else, it's just nice to see a whole page of a pet design you really like!
i also tend to pick a design from each event that i really like as a fun "bonus challenge" - most of my hoards are just 1 page (so 20 pets), so it's an additional thing to work on as well as token collecting, to try and swap for lots of a specific outcome that i really liked, and also that lets me trade off my extra outcomes that might otherwise just sit in my trade groups!
✿sweet lolita✿butterfly wolf enthusiast (31 to go)✿
✿they/them lesbian✿

x
Life really does need things to live
strawberry_dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokirin » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:54 am

My hoards are from convienience mostly.

I wound up with a metric ton of unicorn rats from the 2011 event, so those went into their own group to not clutter up my trades.

Extra lion pets wound up getting a lot of spam trades for them, so theyre in their own group.

Some pets were easy to get for halloween so I spent tokens on them cause I liked the look.

I have some little cousins that liked to play dress up with pets, liked princesses and such, so I rounded up all the pets with crowns/knighly stuff for them.

Green foxes started out completely arbitrary. I use them as a kind of filler in trades where the other person doesnt exactly have what I want, but Id still like to trade. Its now the biggest hoard I have. I use most of my hoards like that now.

Its also something to do. CS isnt the most engaging website outside of user made content

Lokirin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shepherd's dog » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:01 am

i hoard when i really love the look of a certain litter, or a specific pet. usually these are just for lower rarities. i've been around awhile, so my c/uc collection group is just... massive, and even groups set aside for litter sets get big fast. individual pets & litters get lost in my main collection groups. so i like having collections of litters or individual pets to appreciate them. (like, i have a lot of 'rainy' pets hoarded because rainy days spark joy & peace).
    sometimes i keep hoards intact for years, sometimes i end up breaking it up after a few months.

i have had some rare hoards (ie; common/uncommon pets i traded for in like 2011 that became rare), but usually when they're higher rarity *and* older i'll break up the hoard and move a handful to different groups so i can still see them. this is just a personal thing, i know that as the game gets older and more older players rotate out, it'll inflate demand for them, and i want new players to have a chance to own older pets without jumping through hoops.

when it comes to trading, idrc if people are trading for my pets to hoard them. it's a pet collection site, so people have different kinds of collections.

i've also found it's something to do when you have a buttload of c/uc to trade off. they sure aren't gonna trade up for rares. i'd rather trade them for pets i like, even if they're in a hoard. there are tons of unique pets with custom lines on the website, and i feel that they're frequently overlooked because they're omgsc or generally lower rarity.
─────────

─────────

⚔︎
────────────

❝𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐝'𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐠
─ feral cat . adult . he/him ─
listographyarchive

────────────

⚔︎
─────────

─────────
shepherd's dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:39 pm

I started hoarding unintentionally because I loved a specific pet so much that I just never took it off my wishlist and people kept trading it to me. Now I hoard a LOT and I just think it’s fun! I think it’s a neurodivergent thing for me, and it’s also a low stakes way of trading imo.

The majority of my hoards are based on songs I really like! I find it fun listening to music while scrolling through the archives until I find a pet that I think really vibes with the song. It’s a very great stim-like experience! I also love sorting the hoards while listening to the music 😁

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tricky » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:12 pm

A majority of my hoards were common or below when I started hoarding them. Every once in a while I look through my hoards and check if I still have feelings towards the hoard. I've dissolved a few of them but for the most part I still love a majority of them. Most I keep because the designs remind me of something else I enjoy.
Tricky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spade Fox » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:46 pm

I hoard pets when I see them and feel specific connected to them or they give me comfort the moment I see that design and it just sparks something in me… like a really specific feeling
And my neurodivergent brain is really specific in what it likes.
I think I have rn in total 5 hoards.
Non of them extremely big but still i love all of them ♥️
Spade Fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:18 am

There are pets I like so much that it’s not enough having just one!! And when new pets are OMG so common and people don’t want them because they aren’t worth anything... I just keep getting more and more!!
Some are very popular so I don’t get very many even though they’re OMG so common, like my candy corn PPS caterpillar hoard: accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=8176691&userid=1067205
My largest hoard are the guinea pigs from last year’s camping event, they were released on my birthday and I only hoard ones adopted on that date, it’s fun because they are so easy to get because they aren’t very popular! I am almost to 500! :3
accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=8062662&userid=1067205
As to why I hoard: it’s just fun! I’m trying for a full collection and it’s hard when I just joined last year... so it’s not really a full collection as it is trying to get as many as possible and maybe getting every pet from the last few years. When I’m looking for pets I don’t have yet, and I see pets I already have but I like them more... I’d just rather trade for the one I like more!!
I just really like this website and I spend way too much time on it...
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:57 am

I hoard because it's really the only way I'd still be active. I gave up on a complete collection years ago, and now just collect the pets I like. So I don't do much outside of collect monthly pets and that usually isn't too bad. Sometimes if I like a pet enough, I want more than 1. Usually just a complete page of them, that looks the nicest.
Exception is my Chinese New Year hoard, which is just kind of a habit I enjoy at this point.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kecko » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:59 am

I love the Toxic dogs, my first extremely rare pet was a Red Toxic I believe. It didn't start as a hoard, I wanted one of each then I wanted 2 of each to have couples and then it just kept growing. I now have 62 of them and love just staring at them and dressing them up :)
ImageImage

Toxic Hoarder: 65 Toxics so far
Kecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me