Trading: Aesthetic or Rarity ?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trading: Aesthetic or Rarity ?

Postby riftclaw » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:24 pm

I really only do care for the look of the pets over rarity.

A lot of the super rare dogs that everyone must have just don't appeal to me, at all. I'm not interested in the jewellery sun wolf at all, because I don't like it. Well, the non-jewellery one is okay, I suppose. I still don't want it.

My absolute favourite dog is the one I have in my signature. I actually have no idea what rarity he is, I just love him. To me, he's worth more than fifty jewellery sun wolves. :p
I log in once or twice a month. Please be patient with me.
riftclaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrustNo1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Well when I got my toxic dog from the advent calendar, at first I was really excited because of how rare they are. Everyone is always looking for them in trades in everything. But, instead of keeping it, I traded it for the Tribal in my siggy. I might have been able to get more for it, but I've wanted a tribal since I first joined.

I'm definitely in it for aesthetics.
TrustNo1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaos. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:48 am

hi, does any one know how i can get a joker? ive been trying to get one for a while... :?:
chaos.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:19 pm

clairekit wrote:hi, does any one know how i can get a joker? ive been trying to get one for a while... :?:

I answered your question on another board. Please do not post the same question on multiple boards, especially if it is not related to the topic.
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Taethiana wrote:Hey gLove! *high fives*

Well, I personally prefer more commons then rares. Some of my favorite dogs on CS are the january meadows! Seriously? I was almost relieved when my july I got from AC turned into a non-racoon-tailed pup, because I love the tail but I prefer the other ones eyes alot better. I like the other sun dogs, but if I could only have one I'd want the sunback. I'll definataly end up getting all those pups I'm not so enthusiastic about, because I'm a collector and I want every CS pet in my 'kennel'. But, for now I'm content with getting all the ones I like. I seriously see nothing wrong at all with just collecting the ones you like, before you pressure yourself to get all the rares, or the ones you don't like all that much, just getting them to complete your collection.

gLove wrote:xD Not at all offensive, hehe. When I was starting out, I didn't really care about "completing collections", as long as I got the dogs I had planned stories for. For example, once I was only after the non-raccoon because I had a character who was a "stray" dog and I wanted a dog that would represent him well...so I didn't care at all for the raccoon, even after I got the doggy.

Lol, when I got the non-racoon tail I used it in some stray stories too.

Man, that is so old :o I now only need 6 pets and then it's on to julys/augusts/un-released's :o My first august that I actually trade for is going to be a purple balloon. That's my favorite august, and it isn't even that hard to get. I don't care about it's simplicity, I think it's one of the most gorgeous dogs on CS.
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackVulpix » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:00 pm

I actually got my favorite dog from an art contest when I was pretty much very new here. x3 At the time I didn't even realize the dog was a 'rare' july and I just wanted to collect them xD But as time went on for the the few months I've been here, I realize that collecting the black-eyed galaxy was going to be.... difficult D But I have the whole Sun July collection and I agree, the sun dog's jewelry puts me off a bit >< But I don't really like the sun dogs as much as I LOVE the Chocolate Moons <3 So yup x3 I ended up trading the whole july sun set for Two 3-Marking Lapire tokens from Aramii (Love ya Mariko!)
It's Time to dress for HALLOWEEN!

Code: Select all
A Fursona is an animal, any animal, any breed, that represents who you are. It's not just some pretty little wolf or cat you made and call it you 'fursona' A Fursona represents you as a person, and when people look at your fursona the fursona should give them an idea of what kind of person you are and and what you're like. A person simple cannot have more than one fursona, at most perhaps 2, but not like 16 for every emotion you have.
BlackVulpix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Well, I am trading to get a complete collection. :) So I go for the rarity, as in the least rarest first (or at least I try to do that). But when I first started I went trading for the pets I wanted not for the rares. An example: When I was completing my christmas collection (Not including unreleased) I wanted the cats first, because I love cats. And they aren't that rare... And because I wanted to complete my christmas collection I found that the socked dog is pretty rare, but I wanted him and went for him! Not because he was rare, but because I liked him. (I really do, he's one of my faves from December.)
But now I'm down to only missing augusts, julys and unreleased and because of that I have to go for rarity since all of them are rare. But I won't go for my all time Dream pet yet... Because that is the unreleased cat :o It is SOOO adorable. Everytime I see it, I'm about to cry because it's so rare. Because I so want it so bad. :x
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:22 am

Minimanta wrote:But now I'm down to only missing augusts, julys and unreleased and because of that I have to go for rarity since all of them are rare. But I won't go for my all time Dream pet yet... Because that is the unreleased cat :o It is SOOO adorable. Everytime I see it, I'm about to cry because it's so rare. Because I so want it so bad. :x

I agree with you about the cat ;__; It's just too cute. Same with the banana, it's yelling "Laugh at me!!"

But, basically, I think I go for Aesthetics then rarity. My first two dream pets were the joker and target dog, (Got the target dog a day or two after I joined ;3 And I have a joker.) and then I was able to complete my pre-julys, both rats and dogs. Then I completed my october specials, octobers. novembers... Basically, I have a lot of pets now :lol:

But I always go for my favorites in a month, and then once I have all the ones especially appealing to me I try and fill in the gaps. My all-time favorite october is my orange spotted, Mesri, mainly because she was my first, and because she became my target's mate in RP, and they have three beautiful daughters, all eligible to become alphas :D (The patchy pink september, and the X dog and PPS.) So, ya. I just get those appealing to me, fill in the gaps, and go on to the next set. Someday, I hope to have all the dogs/wolves, the un-released cat, un-released horse, the banana, and un-released butterfly wolf. (I'm probably doing pretty well, considering that those are the only non-dog/wolf/rat pets I still need ;) )
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QuicksilverQueen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 am

I go by what I like...rare or not...I hate the toxics O:-)
QuicksilverQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FeatherTail » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:14 am

gLove wrote:Also, another important factor for me, is story. I was (and still am) an avid roleplayer, and even if my doggies are sorted into months in my groups, they all have their special packs and mates. If I was able to come up with a story for that particular dog, I would have to get it no matter what, because it would bother me if I had a story I couldn't use XD

Me too! The dog I want most (black advent in my wish list in my siggy) would be the perfect Alpha for the Dark Forests Pack, wouldn't you agree? But it is nearly impossible to get. D=
.....................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................
FeatherTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me