Pound lag getting worse?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How bad is your pound lag?

0 it never lags
5%
1-3 seconds could be worse
22%
3-10 seconds I just take the free common
52%
Your guys pound actually loads?
21%

Total votes : 554

Re: Pound lag getting worse?

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

I've been here for a couple of events now and I definitely don't recall the lag being this considerable. It took a good 15 seconds for the pound to load on refresh, and within 2 refreshes the number of pets had dropped from 1000 to 300. I do agree that it seems more fair to increase the number of pets in the pound, considering the large number of pets they have there.

Does anyone know if there's a reason for the cap on the number of pets that are released for each pound? /genq
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harley_Quinn21 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

KrillTakoyaki wrote:I've been here for a couple of events now and I definitely don't recall the lag being this considerable. It took a good 15 seconds for the pound to load on refresh, and within 2 refreshes the number of pets had dropped from 1000 to 300. I do agree that it seems more fair to increase the number of pets in the pound, considering the large number of pets they have there.

Does anyone know if there's a reason for the cap on the number of pets that are released for each pound? /genq

I’m an on and off player, I mainly play events nowadays. Halloween AND Christmas. NO LAG this has all been in 2024 for me and I’m mobile at that. I’ve had issues before from being mobile but I tried my computer yesterday and honestly it was WORSE!
Hiya I'm Hailey
I am addicted to Harley Quinn and Joker and I act way more like Harley than a sane human should.... if I’m even sane at this point.

Harley_Quinn21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AWildVespur » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

the lag is very bad. i try to refresh the second it opens and I am here watching most of the pets gone by the time to loads for me. at least I can get the second page to load and the third, but first pets are always gone.

she / they, eastern standard, 21+
─────────────────
I use my phone to play
while I am away, and also do
commissions if trades
are one-sided often. Thank you.

─────────────────
AWildVespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MishaChu » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

I seriously thought the bad lag was just me but seeing everyone else talking about it was really surprising. This situation just feels overall frustrating especially since the staff said this update to the pound would be beneficial in being able to get rarer pets. Granted I don’t think the staff took into account the possibility how bad the lag would be in this update, I just hope they address this issue sooner rather than waiting until the next mid month update :(
"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕳𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖞 𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊..."
ImageImageImageImage
MishaChu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nomi » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

Darkcloud! wrote:...

Asking totally "for a friend", how do you disable loading images?

hmm you could try loading the page in reading mode, although not sure if it disables something else. maybe test it? some browsers have it
Nomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubblegumjello » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

i lag nearly every time regardless of what device im using and regardless of where i am. its usually 5-20 seconds on my pc (which is a HUGE difference in time) and 15 seconds minimum on mobile. i know for a fact that its just the site and not an issue on my end and i will admit it sucks. like other people have said, i used to be quite active 2015-2018 and the lag was not that bad back then (side note: i used to have HORRIBLE internet then so when i would lag it would be my issue). im guessing since the site is less active the severs were downgraded at some point which makes sense but im pretty sure the site has consistently seen 1500 players get on for pounds and 2500 for events. i feel like the severs should be able to handle that no issue. then again im not a web developer much less a host so who knows. cs is old and it may just be showing its age

though i will say since i have been active again (may 2023) i have only heard the severs have only completely crashed/broke/whatever twice. not saying its ONLY been twice but i know it used to happen a lot more often (flash backs to around dec 18 2017). so i guess i will take lag over just the sever being completely overrun and breaking. or maybe i just got bad memory and its always been like this lol
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxme:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ she/her ☆adult Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxanime & games Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcurrent:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ game: fortnite Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ☆ one piece! corazon Image
cs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☆ goal: complete collection Image
tradesoffsite trades Image
☆ favorite species: bunny Image
☆ cs discord Image
☆ pixels credit here Image
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bubblegumjello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

It's a bit disheartening that the only response so far by staff has been along the lines of: "It's during an event so to be expected during busy hours."

It low-key feels like they don't really care for the general playerbase or just blame us right now for being upset/annoyed :<

They did mention looking into ways to support the site during high traffic but that's all right now.

Mentioned here
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lizardgod » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

I have never experienced lag before in the pound until the last about month or so. I play both on PC and mobile, and I have lag on both. I do gaming, therefore I have a hefty PC and the internet to match, and I have checked to make sure it's not something on my end.
Yeah, yeah, hey it's free pets and we shouldn't be so picky, but the pound is often the only consistent place to get older pets. For me personally, the 'cost' to get older pets in trading is months of work for someone who doesn't want to spend hours on CS on many, many cancelled trades because I'm not willing to trade 100s of pets for one dog./lh

The other thing that's been very frustrating is the staff is primarily updating in forum posts. Like I said above, I'm not spending hours on CS to search for staff posts in every forum to see if they are actually acknowledging what anyone says. Maybe having more frequent updates or forum posts dedicated to only 'mini-updates' or timeframes of updates could prevent many of these types of extensive forum posts and less players feeling like they aren't being listened to.

Please don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful for the staff here, I don't think maintaining this site is easy by any means. It would be nice to get actual consistent feedback though so if they are looking into what's going on, it's more accessibly found for players to feel heard without digging through the forums.

Edit: This was a slight tangent, but I do feel it is relevant to nearly every 'complaint' forum I have seen on here lol
Edit #2: I also want to mention, I have been around for several events that require refreshing the page to get tokens such as Halloween, Camp, etc and this the first time I've encountered (a ton of) lag for the pound in my time here (while I know is short, it's just something to keep in mind). I've had lag during the holiday time, but it's always loaded after like a second longer. I feel like the lag has also been increasing with each pound I've been too before and after the event and update.
Last edited by lizardgod on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I set my wings on fire
xLizard - it/they - adult
always looking for trades
Signature
Wings

lizardgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

lizardgod wrote:The other thing that's been very frustrating is the staff is primarily updating in forum posts. Like I said above, I'm not spending hours on CS to search for staff posts in every forum to see if they are actually acknowledging what anyone says. Maybe having more frequent updates or forum posts dedicated to only 'mini-updates' or timeframes of updates could prevent many of these types of extensive forum posts and less players feeling like they aren't being listened to.

This, so much. Staff replies on a long and busy thread are incredibly unhelpful, as they get buried quickly and it's very well established that people on forums (all forums, not just this one) tend to only read first and (SOMETIMES) last pages, so it's much easier to miss. A thing FR does which I love is have both an indicator that staff have posted in a thread and a quick link to that staff post, no need to wade through pages of comments, less likely to be overlooked. I don't know if that's possible here, and if it's not, there needs to be some way to highlight or otherwise sticky important information, either as a front-page announcement or an amended first post on the thread. It otherwise really feels like we're just shouting at the void.
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeth » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

gonna just put my 2c in here and agree with everyone else. when i came back here december 2023 i had no lag, this was even during dec 18th. in past events i did years ago i never noticed anything. it started to get worse at some point starting in 2024 but not terrible, it was mostly on mobile i noticed issues but i could still get good stuff bc the pound would stay open long enough.

...now since the update, there is significantly more lag, both on my pc and my phone. i have excellent internet connection. pound pets get taken up almost immediately. i am often a little late to the pound due to getting distracted. used to be able to grab a common or something if i did, but now? nope.

the update was meant to make it so people who get in late can still get something nice. it's done the complete opposite - with people pouring in and taking pets immediately, with the lag, it's a useless update that is HURTING the players who just want a singular free pet, whatever rarity it may be. it would be great if it actually worked without these factors impacting it, but alas...

in agreement to some recent above posts, staff needs to listen. yes, there are people who are getting in without lag so they can take pets. yes, there are people who are botting who end up unaffected too (botting is not okay but people still do it and they end up taking pets). but for those of us who are lagging or are unable to get anything at all (i happily accept all the free rats and omgscs, lol) it is not fair at all. most players don't care if they don't get a rare+ as its rng and tough to achieve, but ALL players definitely care if they get nothing at all.

═══════
art shop
18+/autistic
she/it

PPS collector,
cat mom, klo-
noa, umineko,
hetalia ♡

═══════

madeth

My pets
My items