*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach discussion, come help!

Postby Dembai » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:10 pm

To be honest I think the dip in the peach is due to the dwarf hamster Halloween costume released this year. It copies the look of the peach and was easy to get.

Has anything similar happened before? I'm too new to know. But I know that personally I care a lot less about the peach because of that costume.

Pet's name: Geoffery, Duke of Hamshire
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Dembai wrote:To be honest I think the dip in the peach is due to the dwarf hamster Halloween costume released this year. It copies the look of the peach and was easy to get.

Has anything similar happened before? I'm too new to know. But I know that personally I care a lot less about the peach because of that costume.

There's a banana costume for dogs and a black cat costume for ponies right? I think the costumes are mainly just to imitate high-value pets, similar to how on Halloween people can dress up as someone famous(political leader/singer/someone they look up to), a character in a book/game/cartoon/tv show or something simple and well known, like a ghost, devil, skeleton or zombie.

I don't think the costumes wouldve removed any actual value from the pets, granted when I saw there were peach costumes, I wanted to collect them (with no luck as most people either aren't willing to trade them or are also looking to collect them ;U; )

That and while sitting in the auction threads in 2017, I've only really noticed ur peaches go for roughly 2 sorbs, something that was most probably sparked through false advice or just eventually fell to such when people got tired of waiting for a non's worth.

Mainly saw the peach go for nons closer to its release, however there's still a couple trades here and there that prove the peach could go for nons in 2017 (and possibly now 2018) although there's also trades that prove it can just as easily go for 2 sorbets

Which is a main reason why the peach is taking awhile to get its placement. I don't personally believe it has anything to do with the costumes
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Dembai wrote:To be honest I think the dip in the peach is due to the dwarf hamster Halloween costume released this year. It copies the look of the peach and was easy to get.

While the costume is cute I doubt it had anything to do with the Peachs popularity, I'd say any drop in popularity is simply due to it being fruit combined with the influence of the FTT, the same thing has happened with all the UR foods after they've been out for awhile.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:55 am

There's always going to be resistance to change (see real life and history). Someone's always gonna get shortchanged and someone's always going to struggle. But we think this is a pill that needs to be swallowed. After 5+ years the problem hasn't fixed itself and has only gotten worse, so it's time to do something
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:22 am

creeps; wrote:
Nicole wrote:So I have a sunback and no one has offered anything close to 5 nons? Where are people even getting the "5 nons" worth? I've only been offered 3 nons at highest. Don't know if it's just my luck of what ;-;

that's because the sunback isn't truly worth "5 nons" it's worth two. the "5 nons" thing came from people saying it was worth that out of demand, but it's truly not. anything above 2 nons is an overpay (:

Ive personally never seen an offer over 4 and thats always either a moonswirl or a zebra(ur bw ur fruit etc) plus a little add. Never have i seen one go for 4 or 5 full nons (or other lower quantity of that value), always included is a lesser in demans higher up pet.

A rarity only list will help immensly by showing what the pets should actually go for. Demand will still be apllied by people, just hopefully not over applied like it is now.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 am

DaDwarf wrote:
creeps; wrote:
Nicole wrote:So I have a sunback and no one has offered anything close to 5 nons? Where are people even getting the "5 nons" worth? I've only been offered 3 nons at highest. Don't know if it's just my luck of what ;-;

that's because the sunback isn't truly worth "5 nons" it's worth two. the "5 nons" thing came from people saying it was worth that out of demand, but it's truly not. anything above 2 nons is an overpay (:

Ive personally never seen an offer over 4 and thats always either a moonswirl or a zebra(ur bw ur fruit etc) plus a little add. Never have i seen one go for 4 or 5 full nons (or other lower quantity of that value), always included is a lesser in demans higher up pet.

A rarity only list will help immensly by showing what the pets should actually go for. Demand will still be apllied by people, just hopefully not over applied like it is now.

It actually can go for 5 nons. It's not common, but possible. I got this suggestion today. I've also received the offer of a sunjewel twice in the last month maybe? I declined out of dis-interest in owning a pet so high up, making it impossible to trade down again~
    The sunback demand is absolutely ridiculous right now. It did drop and I wasn't being offered over three nons for mine however I'm back at getting crazy offers.
    --
    I'm hoping the rarity list rids of more problems then it will cause at first. I know obviously the first six months or so might be like,
    a trading chaos but hopefully it simmers down and people settle in quickly.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:17 am

There is no demand list no. This list already includes most demand

@panda, as my post says, ive never seen someone offer 5 nons. Not the worth of 5 nons, but 5 nons specifcally. Like i said, the sunback can go for a lower in demand higher pet like a moonswirl or sunjewel or ur cat zebra bw etc etc you name it. Ive personally never seen it go for 4 or 5 nons as in literally the non pets. Or even lower pets that add up to 4 or 5 nons, offers that get that value always have one of those 'harder' to trade pets and are almost never in quantity. Thats what i meant c:
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vlad Dracula III » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 am

i just paid a ur holly dog or a peach but the person i traded with they said they value both at a non
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... &id=177755
Fr lair
Birthday gifts received this year - 0
Birthday messages received this year - 0

I don’t really have the best health I get really tired really easily so my replies may be very slow please be patient with me if I accidentally send the same trade twice I apologize either there’s a glitch or I’ve forgotten that I already sent one
If you foe over a trade Seriously I’ll block back people make mistakes get over it or just lock ur trading and don’t be rude no ones perfect
Vlad Dracula III

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Since the people working on the rarity list are doing it by counting how many of each pet were actually adopted I would think the same thing would be done with list store pets to accurately determine where they fit on the list. As store pets are not re-released they would eventually move up the list as the ratio of players:store pet becomes greater.

There was talk awhile ago about putting the store pets in their own box though rather than trying to fit them in with the normal pets, not sure if that is still the plan.

As far as re-releasing store pets Tess has said many times that it won't happen. Tess sees the store pets are a reward for people financially supporting CS and not as part of a normal complete collection. Also paying 500C$ for a random store pet, which most likely will be one from more recent years, would be ridiculous, the only store pets currently actually worth that much C$ are the skelebun (which rarity wise is worth much more) & orange cerb. Even if you valued all the old store pets at their demand price it's still only about 12 store pets at that value or higher out of almost 200 possibilities, really not good odds of getting your 500C$ worth.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Nightmare » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:30 am

A trade I did with the UR Peach back in January of 2016:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... LXF1AE7p_A

Looking for the PPS Dragoncat - would love to trade ♡
-Nightmare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me