*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach Poll! vote!

Postby The Last Raven » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:10 am

Cellar x Elijah wrote:If we are going to do a new poll, then I do think that it can't be any longer than a week at this point. I'd still rather not because of how long the peach has taken to discuss but current discussion is also just going back and forth. Is DaDwarf available to start the poll? I know they were away for a bit and not very active. And then I think we kind of need to set a time limit on future pet discussions so that we don't end up at a 5 month discussion for a pet again. I was thinking a month, at most. I do like those simple answers but would like them to have the reasonings in the answers, such as:

Non tier - Due to the OMGSR rarity of the UR Peach and a good portion of trades.
Between Non and UR Holly tiers - A good middle ground between the two conflicting arguments of rarity or demand.
UR Holly tier - Due to the supposed demand and also a good portion of trades.

I do like the option of people voting to just opt out of the poll if they don't think they know enough or don't care or whatever their reason may be. That would give us a good general idea of just how many people are interested in the outcome but don't want to partake in any poll options.

Also, if we do another poll, we absolutely need to make people able to change their vote. That was a huge issue that came up with the current poll where some people voted for one reason but then followed discussion and wanted to change their vote.

~ElijahWilkes

If we do a poll like that I would suggest omitting the word “supposed”. As a communication major who has done many polls and has studied them extensively this is considered to lead the person taking a poll to vote in a certain direction. It will cause a scew in the data. “Supposed” suggests that people are wrong in believing there is demand and that it would be silly to choose that option.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 am

The only reason I said supposed is because demand is not something you can measure and it's vastly different per person. In the case of the Peach, the only reason I've seen that even had demand that would lower its placement is because that rumor on the FTT. In the end, it can be worded however people decide and I understand where you're coming from. But I also think that leading people to believe that the Peach has bad demand when it actually has more average demand (as seen from about equal trades on both ends of the argument), is also something we shouldn't do. I was just trying to find a way to word it that showed that demand is not a stable or constant value. My specific word choice may have been poor.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:40 am

Cellar x Elijah wrote:The only reason I said supposed is because demand is not something you can measure and it's vastly different per person. In the case of the Peach, the only reason I've seen that even had demand that would lower its placement is because that rumor on the FTT. In the end, it can be worded however people decide and I understand where you're coming from. But I also think that leading people to believe that the Peach has bad demand when it actually has more average demand (as seen from about equal trades on both ends of the argument), is also something we shouldn't do. I was just trying to find a way to word it that showed that demand is not a stable or constant value. My specific word choice may have been poor.

~ElijahWilkes

Which I understand. I have never viewed the peach as low demand personally just kind of average. You could simply list the options like this.

Non tier - due to rarity tag and sufficient trade data
Between non and holly tier - middle ground between two conflicting data options
Holly tier - due to varying demand and sufficient trade data

Just my suggestion. Simple works better than adding a bunch of fluff. I would suggest possibly including page number for the non tier and holly tier that gives the trade data. I have seen that a lot of people are bringing up trade data for non tier but not so much the holly tier. That could cause issues if someone asks for the trade data to make their decision and it would be best to provide both for the options.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 am

The Last Raven wrote:
Cellar x Elijah wrote:The only reason I said supposed is because demand is not something you can measure and it's vastly different per person. In the case of the Peach, the only reason I've seen that even had demand that would lower its placement is because that rumor on the FTT. In the end, it can be worded however people decide and I understand where you're coming from. But I also think that leading people to believe that the Peach has bad demand when it actually has more average demand (as seen from about equal trades on both ends of the argument), is also something we shouldn't do. I was just trying to find a way to word it that showed that demand is not a stable or constant value. My specific word choice may have been poor.

~ElijahWilkes

Which I understand. I have never viewed the peach as low demand personally just kind of average. You could simply list the options like this.

Just my suggestion. Simple works better than adding a bunch of fluff. I would suggest possibly including page number for the non tier and holly tier that gives the trade data. I have seen that a lot of people are bringing up trade data for non tier but not so much the holly tier. That could cause issues if someone asks for the trade data to make their decision and it would be best to provide both for the options.

imo we should just leave the "varying demand" out for the Holly tier? "demand" has been seeing it go for 2 sorbets to non+. I don't see that as necessary to put in for the holly tier?

If we are doing another poll, then please please let it have the option to change votes, and please let's keep it a week as Solloby said.
And we also will need someone at the top of a page to quote all the trade date that lil rascal and DD provided into one big master post.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
The Last Raven wrote:

~ElijahWilkes

imo we should just leave the "varying demand" out for the Holly tier? "demand" has been seeing it go for 2 sorbets to non+. I don't see that as necessary to put in for the holly tier?

If we are doing another poll, then please please let it have the option to change votes, and please let's keep it a week as Solloby said.
And we also will need someone at the top of a page to quote all the trade date that lil rascal and DD provided into one big master post.

Even though I am still for the holly tier I have to agree with this suggestion. For users who have been playing a long time they will know what you mean by varying demand, but for the majority of the website demand has become a short way of "what can I get the most out of this pet" Not a supply and demand sense. Any poll we have in the future, I believe demand should be a word we try to avoid and use.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:56 am

Sounds good to me if we leave it out.
If we decide to go with a new poll. Will someone contact DD with the information or?
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:15 am

I do actually like leaving it out better. I only included it because demand seems to be one of the main arguments for placing it lower.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:21 am

does anyone know the name of this pet? if it has one?
    is it on any of the lists? it wasn't on the pictured list, but I know it's not as updated as the other one.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am

axelandria wrote:
    is it on any of the lists? it wasn't on the pictured list, but I know it's not as updated as the other one.

All list pets are pictured. Sorry it isn’t a list pet and I don’t know of a name that it might haveZ
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 am

The Last Raven wrote:
axelandria wrote:

All list pets are pictured. Sorry it isn’t a list pet and I don’t know of a name that it might haveZ

It's a very rare from September 2009 and is not on the list. From the wiki, it's called the "white fluffy rat."
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal