Trade rant thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade rant thread

Postby CallyKat » Sun May 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Kamaliah wrote:
xX-Callisto-Xx wrote:
Keshlia wrote:
They ended up having 11 accounts for those lions. .__. They lost their lions when Nick got my friend's PM. xDD

I'm still waiting for Nick to make another cheater lose there pets XD They have 5 accounts.

I'll bet Nick has been doing more pet retrieval than he has since Christmas XD
Nick and Tess = win

Fix'd. XD

I can understand how Tess doesn't know rarities, I mean, she never started collecting until the wish list thing came up, like she said. x3 Omg, I just realized something. D8 Now that Tess said that she doesn't know rarities, and if people see that, there will be twice as much n00b trades. D8

Hey, and look at me, I've been here actually Since June (on the site, not the forums xD) and I'm not all too great with rarities.

Now to get back on topic. I haven't had any bad trades yet, surprisingly. x3
i don't ever come on here anymore don't expect me to respond to any messages in a reasonable time

[DeviantART]
CallyKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeiteWren » Sun May 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Tess wrote:I actually just tend to ignore trades if I'm unsure if someone is ripping me off, because I'd rather not find out what people say when they realize how little I know about rarities xD

this time it was a coincidence kamaliah but I'm sure it won't be next time.... mwahaha

I'm so tempted to make the size 40, size 200 XD
Question Tess. Will you guys ever clear out inactive accounts? Like accounts that haven't been on in like half a year or a year? o-o

Edit: Someone sent me a trade for my lion cub asking how I got it <_<;;;;
Double Edit: I'm drooling over Very Rares and Rares that are on dead accounts D:
Last edited by JadeiteWren on Sun May 02, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sun May 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Tess wrote:I actually just tend to ignore trades if I'm unsure if someone is ripping me off, because I'd rather not find out what people say when they realize how little I know about rarities xD

this time it was a coincidence kamaliah but I'm sure it won't be next time.... mwahaha

XD I've done this too. I think maybe half of the trades I've received in the past month or two where just ignored because I had no idea what to think of them

:O oh noes, the evil laugh

I dislike the 'is this trade fair' thread, just because a lot of trades are based on personal preference and opinion of actual rarity. So someone may say "yes" while the other person in the trade thinks "no"

wow, Tess, you have many stalkers yourself (duh) XD This thread exploded the second you posted
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Died » Sun May 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Found a trade from earlier today:

They wanted:
Febuary '09 gray dog

They offered:
Nothing

Their message was to edit, but my rules clearly state not to offer blank-sided trades.

/offtopic
I'm listening to a dancing egg singing the numa numa sped up...
Died

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Firewolf~ » Sun May 02, 2010 3:01 pm

This one person keeps sending me a trade, asking for the same thing. I tell them the only thing I want. I put it in my message. "This is the ONLY thing I will trade for." And yet they still offer different things.
How do I get it through their head I don't want anything else, and that if they don't want to trade it, to just cancel?
~Firewolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Died » Sun May 02, 2010 3:02 pm

gamelover wrote:This one person keeps sending me a trade, asking for the same thing. I tell them the only thing I want. I put it in my message. "This is the ONLY thing I will trade for." And yet they still offer different things.
How do I get it through their head I don't want anything else, and that if they don't want to trade it, to just cancel?

Foe them.
Died

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun May 02, 2010 3:02 pm

@ Callisto: I don't plan on it, I always figure there is a chance that they will want to return one day and will be upset if their account isn't waiting for them. I used to play on other sites like neopets and I could take breaks for a couple of years at a time, but my pets were always waiting for me when I got back.

The only accounts I'd be likely to do that to, would be accounts that only played for a week or 2 before logging off forever, and haven't returned in over a year.

But, as I say, I have no plans to do that anyway. If we need to introduce more past pets into circulation we'll just continue with the Dec 18th giftbox tradition or something along those lines :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskynerd » Sun May 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Lol, it does take a decent amount of your free time to really get rarities down, especially with Rares and VRs. I think rarity is really interesting *is a dork* and I haz no life so I've become pretty good with judging this stuff. XD I wouldn't expect everyone to be that familiar with it.
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mmmcoffee » Sun May 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks for that, Tess. I'm notorious for taking long hiatuses, even with sites I spent money on, such as VHR, and I'd be furious if someone deleted my account on me. I wouldn't have a reason to be self-righteous with CS, because I haven't put a dime into it, but it's nice to know my adorable little pixel pets won't disappear off the face of the earth if I leave for a while.

I probably should start spending less time online anyway. o.o Pretty soon my parents are going to realize that I don't actually study... xD (Senioritis. It hits ya hard, man...)
Pet's name: Inno and the Muse
mmmcoffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightbeat » Sun May 02, 2010 3:14 pm

xX-Callisto-Xx wrote:Why do newbies think 2 commons=1 uncommon

Because they are newbies. They don't realize it.

The horse was common then.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (207 KiB) Viewed 168 times

See? I've done it when I was a newbie.
nightbeat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me