May 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby Fleckenpferd » Fri May 17, 2024 11:29 pm

Wookieinmashoo wrote:
Yamanaka Shin wrote:This dog batch is... very painful on my eyes. I feel like I'm straining severely when looking at them even just briefly.

Yes, same. they're very neat I just can't look at them for more than a few seconds.

I don't like them as well. The pattern is just too busy for my taste.
The other dog litter has some nice outcomes, though.

I adore the drafts and the "normal" horses look very promising.
They remind me of sunset-themes.
Fleckenpferd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MissionFlight » Sat May 18, 2024 1:18 am

Fleckenpferd wrote:
Wookieinmashoo wrote:
Yamanaka Shin wrote:This dog batch is... very painful on my eyes. I feel like I'm straining severely when looking at them even just briefly.

Yes, same. they're very neat I just can't look at them for more than a few seconds.

Haha I had a feeling opinions on the dog litter would be divided! Seems like some people love them and some people hate them.
I think the CMYK colors are quite fun but I definitely understand that they can be a bit much sometimes.
Figured I would give it a go anyway :?
MissionFlight
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squeegi » Sat May 18, 2024 1:22 am

MissionFlight wrote:
Fleckenpferd wrote:
Wookieinmashoo wrote:--

Haha I had a feeling opinions on the dog litter would be divided! Seems like some people love them and some people hate them.
I think the CMYK colors are quite fun but I definitely understand that they can be a bit much sometimes.

thought i'd chime in and say i think theyre charming ^_^ i enjoy simpler designs, and i love the bright colors<3 this little one is my favorite so far =D

x
ᴠᴇʟ​ ​✿ 🇸​​🇶​​🇺​​🇪​​🇪​​🇬​​🇮​
she/her | adult | artist
➤ hi! pms always open, i love to chat!
➤ love BLLK, JJK, MXTX, SCTIR
➤ sig and avatar art by me ♡

squeegi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat May 18, 2024 1:58 am

MissionFlight wrote:

I like the idea of the dogs being hard to look at, I'm just wondering how you managed to make them without giving yourself a headache
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sat May 18, 2024 2:08 am

The dogs make my eyes hurt, but I also really love them, haha. They kind of remind me of some of those patterns that were super popular in the 90s.

I'm kind of considering a small, 1 page hoard of them so I can hurt myself with the nostalgia whenever I need a dose of it @u@
Wookieinmashoo wrote:
MissionFlight wrote:

I like the idea of the dogs being hard to look at, I'm just wondering how you managed to make them without giving yourself a headache

Lol, good question. How're your retinas doing MissionFlight?
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MissionFlight » Sat May 18, 2024 2:32 am

June Bug wrote:The dogs make my eyes hurt, but I also really love them, haha. They kind of remind me of some of those patterns that were super popular in the 90s.

I'm kind of considering a small, 1 page hoard of them so I can hurt myself with the nostalgia whenever I need a dose of it @u@
Wookieinmashoo wrote:
MissionFlight wrote:

Lol, good question. How're your retinas doing MissionFlight?

Surprisingly well! I actually had a blast making these guys.
You just have to embrace the eye burn (:
MissionFlight
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lesbainwolf » Sat May 18, 2024 2:38 am

MissionFlight wrote:
Surprisingly well! I actually had a blast making these guys.
You just have to embrace the eye burn (:

I love them they have to be my fav ones
Lesbainwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat May 18, 2024 2:47 am

Not familiar with pink shrooms either, but a few shows up when you google "pink mushroom".
My guess is Rosy Bonnet mushroom, Mycena rosea. Could be a few others too though and we do also have another pink one coming, so definitely not sure ^.^

And I also still don't think this one is a bracket shroom. I get why you'd think that but it looks more like a mushroom cap crackling like this (these are Beech Mushrooms, Hypsizygus tessulatus) than it looks like bracket mushrooms on a tree like this (These are Turkey Tail mushrooms, Trametes versicolor).

Still have no idea what it is though, so I could be completely wrong though ^.^'
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wired » Sat May 18, 2024 4:13 am

Love the VCR jitter on the white dogs.
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sat May 18, 2024 4:35 am

Minimanta wrote:Image
Not familiar with pink shrooms either, but a few shows up when you google "pink mushroom".
My guess is Rosy Bonnet mushroom, Mycena rosea. Could be a few others too though and we do also have another pink one coming, so definitely not sure ^.^

And I also still don't think this one is a bracket shroom. I get why you'd think that but it looks more like a mushroom cap crackling like this (these are Beech Mushrooms, Hypsizygus tessulatus) than it looks like bracket mushrooms on a tree like this (These are Turkey Tail mushrooms, Trametes versicolor).

Still have no idea what it is though, so I could be completely wrong though ^.^'

Some of these are a little stylized and mushrooms are hard enough to ID so I'll give a couple hints for these two~

I had to cheat on this one a little and incorporate a key feature in a different way so as not to make it too disturbing~

You're on-track with this one being found on trees and logs, but unlike most bracket mushrooms, these do grow on a stipe~

As for the other two:

I think I confirmed back when she grew, that this one is indeed a Magpie Inkcap! One of my favorites!

And this one, as guessed, is a Blue Pinkgill!
When picking out mushrooms for this set, I discovered this one has a pink spore print despite being so blue and that just tickled me so I had to include it, lol
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me