How do you feel about no april fools event?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How do you feel about no april fools event?

Postby Chanpignon » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:57 pm

I am fine with nobody getting fooled or pranked by the website (eventhough I kinda enjoy it), but would have hoped for some "sillier" or "funnier" looking pets... Something that matches the theme better maybe.

The pets we got seemed too random to me. But of course I am grateful for them too!
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
Chanpignon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tindraake » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:59 pm

I like the silly/mixed little pets they release for April Fools, but aside from that, I don't have too much issue with it. I actively do not like April fools, and the thing were certain words on the forums get changed on April Fools has always been a bit annoying, imo.

"i Amn just........... a litle creacher. Thatse It . I Canot change this"

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Dividers by me. Do not use without permission!
Tindraake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nerve » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:45 am

I don't want to use the term disappointed, but I was not indifferent either. With the site changes, staff changes, and how busy Nick must be, I was not shocked at all. I was mostly amused that the two overlapped, and I know the event is not the only reason.
I kinda forgot about April Fools overall this year, and that in part proves the point of why we didn't have it to me.
I have requested account deletion and am therefore not taking trades.
Currently watching: Bigtop Burger for the 8th time.

Nerve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:50 am

Today, i checked the website, and saw the flimsy excuse of "due to the ongoing event"... They've done april fools during events in the past before, so i don't know why it would suddenly be an issue this year, it just felt kind of disingenuous and lazy to say. and i hope there's more solid reasoning that they simply just can't discuss with us.

tbh I can't believe you'd feel okay calling the staff "disingenuous and lazy" like that xD majority of CS staff are volunteers and just spent enormous amounts of time and effort hosting an extensive easter event with new and returning designs, new items, and Did Indeed release some april fool's pets regardless. and then the regular release of the new monthly pets came right on top of that. and then new store pets. and launching new dressup challenges. and navigating the recent staff changes internally. and april fools events are routinely bashed by the userbase anyways. and and and

not trying to say staff is never above reproach bc ofc there's always things management-wise on any website that can be useful to address - no team or individual is perfect - and of course it's completely okay to be disappointed that something you were looking forward to didn't happen! that's a totally understandable feeling. but ??? calling artists and programmers things like "disingenuous and lazy" because you think they didn't give you enough of their volunteer hours and gave a legitimate reason as to why - being that it would be difficult to handle and could cause complications with other ongoing changes - (a "flimsy" excuse lol).... I'm like irl trying to sweep all my question marks into a box bc they're cluttering up my desk

anyways. disregarding all of that. I was in fact relieved that there was not an actual prank this year XD
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KhajiitKennedy » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:04 am

Can someone explain how April Fools on CS is bad? People say it's overwhelming and upsetting, but as someone who gets overwhelmed on April Fools I know that CS is one of the best places to be for me.

I mean pranks go from temporary changing your PFP to a silly dog, to changing one word in the forum, to adding moustaches to random pets, to silly 2nd gen pets.
ImageImageImageImage
KhajiitKennedy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:54 am

KhajiitKennedy wrote:Can someone explain how April Fools on CS is bad? People say it's overwhelming and upsetting, but as someone who gets overwhelmed on April Fools I know that CS is one of the best places to be for me.

For me personally, I’m autistic and April fools as a whole is extremely overwhelming and confusing for me.
Other people like me have a hard time picking up on jokes, and can’t tell whether something is serious or not. Change can also be extremely overwhelming and stressful, so I can imagine having your pets/profile changed could be pretty confusing and stressful for people. Especially if they didn’t want to participate!

Loelya wrote:
Today, i checked the website, and saw the flimsy excuse of "due to the ongoing event"... They've done april fools during events in the past before, so i don't know why it would suddenly be an issue this year, it just felt kind of disingenuous and lazy to say. and i hope there's more solid reasoning that they simply just can't discuss with us.

tbh I can't believe you'd feel okay calling the staff "disingenuous and lazy" like that xD

Also hugeee agree on this. Like I said, all this stuff is free. The staff are not payed to do this.
Bigger games with bigger teams are able to do more events because they have more staff. It’s not fair to compare them. Remember that we only have one coder. He’s an adult with his own personal life who’s already doing so much for us.
I think you really could have had a more polite and understanding approach to this. Nothings wrong with asking people’s opinions but shaming the staff for simply not having time is just wrong. :(

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:24 am

it would have been nice to know sooner. announcing lack of event the day means that there was no time for anything to be done by the community for it- something like "today, we all start every post with 'hello!'-" or something lighthearted like that.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buck Ruffler » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:09 pm

I think it's okay we didn't have the event. We've had quite a lot of special pets released (st. patricks, easter, april fools pets still!! and CS birthday next week) recently, so I don't blame them for skipping april fools. Plus there is always next year :p
Giant Squids are sweet, and i'm pretty sure that they have the real ultimate power. Cephalopods in general are pretty sweet, too.
Buck Ruffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:50 pm

I was definitely sad about it because I look forward to it every year, and some of my friends joined CS since last year and they were excited too after hearing about other years and I'm disappointed they've missed out.
Especially because of little warning as users had no time to organise something of their own instead, and yeah as peeps have already mentioned, the pets didn't feel that silly although I do adore the designs and some (especially the winged dog) are in my favourites, just definitely would've preferred pets more on the silly side especially without the event aspect.

But I don't mind the staff not holding the event, I totally understand life gets busy and all, just would've liked some more notice so the community could organise something and sillier pets as a result of not having the time for event stuff.
I hope next year the event returns, or if it's not working out, perhaps more notice so the community can work something fun out to do together. <3

And hey, maybe it means they're working super hard on the summer event and that'd be super worth it tbh I would adore a more involved summer event! :D
Also even if not, that's okay, the staff deserve breaks they already do so much for us <3
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby W0LF » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:00 pm

Well, now that I see the affects of INFLATION...

🙃 I get it.

(That was my attempt at sarcasm).

Next Chapter...

W0LF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me