Do Pet Rarities Ever Update?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do Pet Rarities Ever Update?

Postby chantolove » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:27 am

I don't mean newer pets getting their rarities assigned on the 15th, obviously that happens. I mean older pets that already have values attached. I know that rarities are determined based on pet quantity in circulation, not pet holdings, and that it's percentage-based rather than flat values- if one person has all the Smiling Panda Hat Cats, but they have enough of them to give one to every player on the site, it's still going to be a 0-star. But in a year or two, enough players might have registered that there aren't enough Smiling Panda Hat Cats for everyone to have one anymore. More of a 1-star situation.

Will pets gain stars over time as more players join and their relative rarity goes up? I assume that's how all those old pets got to be so rare, and the early days of the site weren't just Rainbow Rares For Days, but I don't think I've ever seen it happen myself. Does it happen? How common is it? Is it automatic on the 15th, or is it more of a once-a-year thing? Do rarities ever go down post-12/18? No one ever talks about this, so it doesn't seem to be a significant component of the economy, but I also don't see how it can not be. Aren't there people holding onto their 4.5s awaiting the day they become full 5s and appreciate in economic/sentimental/coolfactor value?

Really, I just want to know if/when I should be checking my trade folders for guys who are no longer accurately sorted, and whether I should be going through every page or just checking the last page with the oldest guys.
My Trading Thread
project: MASTERS OF THE BAZAAR, my collection of ridiculous fallen london fanbats
if you make ME sort through YOUR folders for doubles that are stored right alongside keepers, i will simply click off your page instead
chantolove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Do Pet Rarities Ever Update?

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:33 am

Yep, check this thread out and the last page for the latest updates. Warning though it is image heavy

my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
owuz / shalf ♕
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
falconian nationalist ♕

imagine living ♕
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
«take us now»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Do Pet Rarities Ever Update?

Postby chantolove » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:05 am

menthol spice anger wrote:Yep, check this thread out and the last page for the latest updates. Warning though it is image heavy

aha! someone else doing the thinking so i dont have to. tysm for the thread rec <3
My Trading Thread
project: MASTERS OF THE BAZAAR, my collection of ridiculous fallen london fanbats
if you make ME sort through YOUR folders for doubles that are stored right alongside keepers, i will simply click off your page instead
chantolove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me