Advent Discussion Thread 2015

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: Advent Discussion Thread 2015

Postby MySpoons » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:55 pm

What do these pets tonight represent? I have no idea what they are supposed to be XD (The poor deer looks so sad D:)

And of course I missed all the cute PPS ones.
-------------------------------------β”’
β†  𝗠𝗒𝗒𝗗
struggling mar. 14

β†  𝗔𝗗𝗒𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
β†  𝗒𝗙𝗙 π—¦π—œπ—§π—˜ [Trades]
-------------------------------------β”š
┏-------------------------------------
β†  Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

β†  Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

β†  358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

β†  Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
β”–-------------------------------------
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:55 pm

So what are these pets based off anyways? ^_^
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoseBae » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:56 pm

My sis and i missed rerelease cause we forgot stupid new zealand time ^///^ its still the eighteenth for us.
Hope you guys have fun! I also Play a game called Http://www.Animaljam.com my user name is Briarrose02 add me if you want have fun!
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... QD02dfj4xA

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _0_ people.
I have received _0_ gifts.
I have nuked _1_ people.
I have received _1_ nukes.
RoseBae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:57 pm

xxxxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

The pets from tonight are pretty cute!
    This one is very reminiscent of the other Ice Cloak dog we got a few years back.
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, π˜πŽπ”π‘ π‡πŽππŽπ‘, πŒπ€π˜ 𝐈 π„π—ππ‹π€πˆπ
𝐌𝐘 ππ‘π€πˆπ 𝐇𝐀𝐒 π‚π‹π€πˆπŒπ„πƒ πˆπ“π’ π†π‹πŽπ‘π˜ πŽπ•π„π‘ πŒπ„
━━━━━━━━━[ Image ]━━━━━━━━━
[ woes. he/they. plural. ]
a very tired bunch of folks that's mostly
inactive outside of stars. please contact
us elsewhere if you need anything urgent.
[ stars. th. ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:58 pm

NightmaresCrawl wrote:What do these pets tonight represent? I have no idea what they are supposed to be XD (The poor deer looks so sad D:)

And of course I missed all the cute PPS ones.

They're Snow Queen characters =3

And the reindeer (deer) is sad, poor thing is abused and terrorized D=
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:07 pm

these outcomes from tonight are so cute! my favorite has to be the old woman, she's so precious c:

also, i just got all caught up *celebratory dance* it feels so good to be caught up during an event and scrolling through the archive :lol:
β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜…

since the thing perhaps is to eat flowers and not to be afraid - e.e. cummings

β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜…
peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Minimanta wrote:
Smofou wrote:
ImageImage

What a cute pairing!

They're more like siblings than a couple though. Really close friends =3

According to the fairytale of couse.

Never heard of the fairytale, but it looks interesting. Either way, I love how they resemble each other. <3
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure Dreams » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:11 pm

I just need express how much I love the name generator
Pet's name: Frost Janglestocking
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Just a very sophisticated sounding name for a very sophisticated chicken
Azure Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:12 pm

As Minimanta guessed early on, it is indeed pets based on the characters that appear in H.C. Andersen's fairytale "The Snow Queen". The longest fairytale he made and also the fairytale Frozen is loosely (very very VERY loosely) based on. I personally prefer the original fairytale much more :3 There is like a billion different cartoon adaptions of the story. Just look up "The Snow Queen" on Youtube and you should have plenty of options to choose from, but here is a short summary, for the ones who never heard of the story.

An evil troll/devil made a magic mirror that distorts the appearance of everything it reflects. It fails to reflect the good and beautiful aspects of people and things, while magnifying their bad and ugly aspects. By accident, it shatters into a billion tiny pieces and falls down on earth. The pieces go into the hearts and eyes of people and freezes their hearts like a block of ice and makes them only see bad and ugly things.
ImageImage
In a town lives two kids. Gerda and Kai and they're the best of friends. Living right next to each other and can go back and forward between their houses, with help of the gutters. They grow vegetables and flowers together and they are especially fond of their roses and the roses reminds Gerda of her love to Kai. Kai's grandmother tells the kids about the story of the Snow Queen and Kai sees the Snow Queen on the frosted window one winter and calls for him to come with her, but he draws back in fear.

One day, while Gerda and Kai are in their little window garden and reading a book, Kai gets a piece of the troll mirror into his heart and eye. It makes him cold and aggressive, ruining their little garden and is rude and cruel to both Gerda and his grandmother.

One day, Kai goes out with his sleight to play in the snowy market and hitches his sled onto a white sleigh, which turns out to be the Snow Queen riding her sleigh. She reveals herself to him outside the city and kisses him twice. One to numb him from the cold and one to make him forget about Gerda and his family and she then takes Kai with her to her palace.

The people of the town concludes Kai must have drowned in the lake and Gerda, heartbroken, goes out to question anything and everything about what happened to Kai. She offers her new red shoes to the river, which takes her in a boat out on river, which makes her believe the boat knows where Kai is and will bring her to where he is.

Though the boat brings her to a sorceress, in the form of an old lady, with a beautiful garden of eternal summer. The old lady wants Gerda to stay with her and uses magic to make her forget about Kai and also makes all the roses in her garden disappear, knowing the sight of them will make Gerda remember about Kai. One day, Gerda's tears make a rose bush appear and it tells her that Kai is not among the death. So Gerda escapes and continues her quest.

She meets a crow and he tells her that Kai is in the princess' castle and brings her there, since his mate works in the castle. Gerda goes to the castle and meets the princess and her new fiancΓ©, the prince, who looks like Kai, but isn't him. She tells them about her tale and they provide her with warm clothes and a coach.

While travelling with the coach, she runs into an ambush and is taken hostage by robbers, where she meets a robber girl. The robber girl wants to keep her as a servant, but she gets touched by Gerda's story of Kai and the robber girls' doves tells Gerda that they have seen Kai, when he was carried away by the Snow Queen, in the direction of Lapland.

The robber girl also have a reindeer, named Bae, she has caught and he tells them he knows the way to Lapland, as he was born there. The robber girl frees Bae, on the condition that he brings Gerda to Lapland.

They make to stops. First at the Lappish Woman's house, who gives them a message to bring to the Finnish Woman, who can help them out. The Finnish Woman tells them that the secret of Gerda's unique power to free Kai is with her sweet and innocent heart.

They reach the Snow Queen's palace. There Gerda finds Kai all alone and almost immobilized on a frozen lake, which the Snow Queen calls the "Mirror of Reason", on which her throne sits. The Snow Queen has given Kai the task to finish a puzzle, made of ice, to form characters and words. He is to form the word "Eternity" and the Snow Queen will then release him from her spell and give him a pair of new ice skates.

Gerda kisses Kai and he is saved by the power of her love. Gerda's warm tears melts away the splinter of the troll mirror, that was in Kai's heart, which makes him warm up and he bursts into tears, which dislodges the mirror piece in his eye. Making him all back to normal sweet Kai and able to recognize Gerda. They dance together on the lake, out of joy, which makes the ice puzzle pieces get caught up with the dance and then fall down to spell the word "Eternity". So the Snow Queen is oblidged to free Kai and they leave the Snow Queen's domain, with the help from Bae. They return home to their town, to see they have been gone for so long, that both of them are now grown up and are delighted to see it's summer time.

The end~ Yes, this is the very short resume of a long fairy tale xD I can greatly recommend to read the fairytale or watch some of the cartoon adaptations.
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seali1 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:15 pm

Great job, Pluma <333
ImageImageImageImageImage