February Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: February Discussion Thread

Postby AgentPendergast » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:06 pm

The emperors new clothes?
AgentPendergast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:07 pm

The Emperor's New Clothes

Once upon a time, there was an emperor, who was extremely fond of new clothes and being well dressed and spent all of his money on wearing the most magnificent clothing. He never cared for going to the theater, to royal events or anything the like, except for showing off his new clothes. He had a new outfit for every hour of the day and if anyone asked for him, it was said he could always be found in his dressing room.

The people in his kingdom were happy and many new faces came and went every day. One particular day though, two swindlers came to town. They told everyone they were weavers and could weave the most magnificent fabrics imaginable. The clothes and colors were so magnificent, that it was said that it could not be seen by someone who was either unfit for his office or who was just unusually stupid.

The emperor knew he needed these clothes, ‘cause then he could wear them and then discover what men in his kingdom were unfit for their posts and he could tell the wise men from the fools. So he immediately paid the two swindlers a huge amount of money, to get started on the work. They set up two looms and pretended to be weaving. They demanded the finest silk and gold threads, but there was nothing on the loom, as it all went into their travelling bags.

The emperor was curious and wished to see how the project was going, but he also feared to go there. It wasn’t that he was doubtful of himself, but it made him uncomfortable to know that one who could not see the clothes was unfit for their post and stupid, so he decided to send someone else first. All of town knew about the magnificent clothes and couldn’t wait to see it and find out who of their neighbors were unusually stupid.

The emperor decided to send his finest and most honest of his ministers, ‘cause he knew no one else more fit for his duty than him. The minister went to the weavers and to his great fear, he was unable to see anything on the loom, but decided not to say so. Both of the weavers insisted on him coming closer to take a closer look at the beautiful fabric and patterns. The old minister felt awful. As much as he stared at the loom, he could see nothing. Was it possible he was unusually stupid or even unfit to be a minister? It simply wouldn’t do to let anyone know he couldn’t see the cloth. The weavers asked for his opinion and the minister played along and said how magnificent the colors and patterns were and he would tell the emperor about this beautiful cloth.

The minister told the emperor about all the details the weavers had explained to him and the weavers immediately demanded more gold thread and silk. The emperor sent another nobleman to the weavers, to see how the cloth was doing and if it would be finished soon, but the story repeated itself. He saw nothing on the loom, but obviously couldn’t say this to anyone. So he played along and pretended he was able to see the cloth and reported back to the emperor.

All of town was talking about the cloth and now the emperor wished to see it for himself, while it was still on the loom. With a group of his best men, along with the two previous ones, he went to town to visit the weavers. They were weaving with all their might, but he saw nothing on the loom. The minister and nobleman praised the cloth and asked the emperor to take notice of all the colors and patterns. The emperor was shocked, as he did not see anything on the loom. Could it be that he wasn’t fit for being emperor? He could not let anyone know this. He and all the men with him praised the cloth to the skies and the emperor even knighted the two weavers.

When the emperor came the next day, the two weavers had ‘finished’ the cloth and held it up, as if they were holding it in their hands, showing that this was the trouser, then the coat and the mantel and they said the fabric felt as light as spider web, so one would hardly be able to feel they were wearing it. They helped him undress and pretending to help him into each part of the garment. All the men praised him in his new outfit and then he was ready for the parade, where he would show off his new outfit.

Off the emperor went, with the noblemen holding his coat, not daring to say they were holding nothing and others holding the canopy above his head. Everyone in town looked out their windows and came out to the street, to see the emperor’s new clothes. Everyone praised his new outfit, not daring to tell they could see nothing, as they did not wish to be stamped as unfit for their office or unusually stupid.

“But he hasn’t got anything on!” Said one child in the crowd. Its father shushed his child, but the child kept repeating it and laughed. The laughter slowly spread into the crowd, until they all cried out that the emperor had no clothes on. The emperor shivered, as he started to fear they all were right, but he held his head proud and continued on, as if he did not hear their words, while the swindlers could laugh from a distance, before riding off in their carriage, with all the gold, fabric and thread they had been given.
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moriarty, » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Pluma wrote:
The Emperor's New Clothes

Once upon a time, there was an emperor, who was extremely fond of new clothes and being well dressed and spent all of his money on wearing the most magnificent clothing. He never cared for going to the theater, to royal events or anything the like, except for showing off his new clothes. He had a new outfit for every hour of the day and if anyone asked for him, it was said he could always be found in his dressing room.

The people in his kingdom were happy and many new faces came and went every day. One particular day though, two swindlers came to town. They told everyone they were weavers and could weave the most magnificent fabrics imaginable. The clothes and colors were so magnificent, that it was said that it could not be seen by someone who was either unfit for his office or who was just unusually stupid.

The emperor knew he needed these clothes, ‘cause then he could wear them and then discover what men in his kingdom were unfit for their posts and he could tell the wise men from the fools. So he immediately paid the two swindlers a huge amount of money, to get started on the work. They set up two looms and pretended to be weaving. They demanded the finest silk and gold threads, but there was nothing on the loom, as it all went into their travelling bags.

The emperor was curious and wished to see how the project was going, but he also feared to go there. It wasn’t that he was doubtful of himself, but it made him uncomfortable to know that one who could not see the clothes was unfit for their post and stupid, so he decided to send someone else first. All of town knew about the magnificent clothes and couldn’t wait to see it and find out who of their neighbors were unusually stupid.

The emperor decided to send his finest and most honest of his ministers, ‘cause he knew no one else more fit for his duty than him. The minister went to the weavers and to his great fear, he was unable to see anything on the loom, but decided not to say so. Both of the weavers insisted on him coming closer to take a closer look at the beautiful fabric and patterns. The old minister felt awful. As much as he stared at the loom, he could see nothing. Was it possible he was unusually stupid or even unfit to be a minister? It simply wouldn’t do to let anyone know he couldn’t see the cloth. The weavers asked for his opinion and the minister played along and said how magnificent the colors and patterns were and he would tell the emperor about this beautiful cloth.

The minister told the emperor about all the details the weavers had explained to him and the weavers immediately demanded more gold thread and silk. The emperor sent another nobleman to the weavers, to see how the cloth was doing and if it would be finished soon, but the story repeated itself. He saw nothing on the loom, but obviously couldn’t say this to anyone. So he played along and pretended he was able to see the cloth and reported back to the emperor.

All of town was talking about the cloth and now the emperor wished to see it for himself, while it was still on the loom. With a group of his best men, along with the two previous ones, he went to town to visit the weavers. They were weaving with all their might, but he saw nothing on the loom. The minister and nobleman praised the cloth and asked the emperor to take notice of all the colors and patterns. The emperor was shocked, as he did not see anything on the loom. Could it be that he wasn’t fit for being emperor? He could not let anyone know this. He and all the men with him praised the cloth to the skies and the emperor even knighted the two weavers.

When the emperor came the next day, the two weavers had ‘finished’ the cloth and held it up, as if they were holding it in their hands, showing that this was the trouser, then the coat and the mantel and they said the fabric felt as light as spider web, so one would hardly be able to feel they were wearing it. They helped him undress and pretending to help him into each part of the garment. All the men praised him in his new outfit and then he was ready for the parade, where he would show off his new outfit.

Off the emperor went, with the noblemen holding his coat, not daring to say they were holding nothing and others holding the canopy above his head. Everyone in town looked out their windows and came out to the street, to see the emperor’s new clothes. Everyone praised his new outfit, not daring to tell they could see nothing, as they did not wish to be stamped as unfit for their office or unusually stupid.

“But he hasn’t got anything on!” Said one child in the crowd. Its father shushed his child, but the child kept repeating it and laughed. The laughter slowly spread into the crowd, until they all cried out that the emperor had no clothes on. The emperor shivered, as he started to fear they all were right, but he held his head proud and continued on, as if he did not hear their words, while the swindlers could laugh from a distance, before riding off in their carriage, with all the gold, fabric and thread they had been given.

YES PLUMA YESSSS
ARTEMIS
heyo! arty here
getting back int
o cs and the co
ding world! love
you all! feel fre
to pm me anyti
me! uwu uwu

└─────
━━━━━ oh,
moriarty,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 pm

PLUMA! That's one of my favorite tales! I am so glad you did this!!!
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Oh hahaha, I"m so happy I got this outcome. I love this story, it's got such a great moral to it.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fire_Horse » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Did all of the crown pups grow into this or are there still some growing crowns?
Must have More LIONS I am collecting any and all Lions!!
**SEEKING** New 2018 UR Pets Strawberry and PPS Cat!
Have: This List Rat Image
And alot of $C to offer! Please PM me if your interested in trading! Thank You!!

Pet's name In Loving Memory of "Squeaky"
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!Image

[b]Pet's name:
Nazareth
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
ImageImage
Pet's name: Sugar Coma
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

BirdGirlz--My sister who just joined because she saw me playing lol
Fire_Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catsmeow » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Fire_Horse wrote:Did all of the crown pups grow into this or are there still some growing crowns?

Mine has not changed yet, but I might have adopted late.....love this outcome so I hope I get it!!
catsmeow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mokastar712 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Fire_Horse wrote:Did all of the crown pups grow into this or are there still some growing crowns?

I only had one, and that one grew into today's outcome. Considering many people are missing the outcome, as well as the people who did get them have only a few, I'm quite sure they didn't split.

INTJ|Female|Straight|Canadian|Sagittarius|Christian
ImageImageImageImage

]|I{•--» sεεs вεαυтү мαү «--•}I|[

I don't know what to put here XP

mokastar712

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:12 pm

im fairly sure i didnt adopt late but?? none of my pups with crowns grew up
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mokastar712 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:13 pm

acesymmetrical wrote:

im fairly sure i didnt adopt late but?? none of my pups with crowns grew up

They're late. Your pups are still day 6, they should be day 7.

INTJ|Female|Straight|Canadian|Sagittarius|Christian
ImageImageImageImage

]|I{•--» sεεs вεαυтү мαү «--•}I|[

I don't know what to put here XP

mokastar712

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me