February Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: February Discussion Thread

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Gigglebug wrote:
Gariana wrote:
Lunarsnow wrote:A warning that the leap BWs would only be available on the 29th would've been considerate since having pets available for one day is not a normal thing on CS (well at least in the past few years, don't know if they've ever had one day only adoptions).

Well, there was, right on the front page: "Adopt them from the Butterfly Wolves page today only!"

Yes but not everyone had the opportunity to get online to see this.

I was at work the whole day and missed out. I am still struggling to find the BWs I miss...

Not happy camper here.

Vixey wrote:yes, and we have had a lot of litters only available for 24 hours. remember Christmas advent pets? yep.

Yeah but we know about this ahead of time. That makes planning easier.

I'm in the same boat. With how busy I am I only log on when I actually need to, as in today to get the new pets and etc. To see I missed a whole litter that is beautiful is quite a bugger. Plus leap year only comes once every four years. >_<
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Annoying Dog » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Chibi the Birb wrote:Image

Woah... Didn't expect to see this... What story could this be from...?

Mine didn't grow yet but
Oh my god that is creepy
Annoying Dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~(SkyLiarLee)~ » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Chibi the Birb wrote:Image

Woah... Didn't expect to see this... What story could this be from...?

Maybe Hansel or Gretel..?
~(SkyLiarLee)~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:12 pm

NyxNoire wrote:
Pluma wrote:
The Ugly Duckling

Once upon a time, there was a mother duck nesting on her eggs, by a pond near an old farmhouse. The mother duck was quite tired of sitting on her eggs, but they finally hatched and she was relieved, until she noticed one very large egg had still yet to hatch, so she was forced to keep nesting.

The mother duck got a visitor and as she explained the large egg had yet to hatch, the other duck was quick to assume it probably was a turkey egg. The duck advised to abandon the egg, as turkeys were of no use and she should rather use energy on teaching her ducklings to swim.

The mother duck decided to nest for a little longer and after some time, the egg hatched, but instead of a cute little yellow duckling, it was instead a large, grey and ugly duckling. Mother duck was not sure if the duckling in reality was a turkey, but decided to take the ducklings with her to the pond and see if it could swim, even if she had to push it into the water herself. Mother duck took the ducklings with her too the water and jumped in. Calling for her ducklings to follow along and they all did. Even the grey one and mother duck could conclude that the ugly duckling could not be a turkey, seeing how well he could use his legs. He was truly her son and not so ugly, if you looked properly at him. Though she still had to bring them all with her to the farmyard.

She warned them all to keep close or they could be trotted on or be taken by the cat. The other duck from earlier saw the family though and quickly saw the ugly duckling and decided to peck him, as they did not wanted him in their farmyard. Mother duck protected her son, saying he was just as good or even a better swimmer than the others and he would grow big and strong, so the eldest duck allowed it for now, though still finding him ugly.

The ugly duckling was treated badly from the first day. All the other poultry in the farmyard would peck and bite him and laugh at him. Even his own brothers and sisters turned against him, because he was so ugly, wishing the cat would take him. His mother in the end also wished he hadn’t been born. It all became too much for the ugly duckling, who was so miserable and saw no other option than to run away.

He flew until he reached a large moor and stayed there for some days. He first met some ducks, who said how ugly he was and he would be allowed to stay, as long as he didn’t tried to marry into their families. Some days passed and a pair of geese came, suggesting he should come with them to another moor, saying there were some pretty single geese ladies and despite him being so ugly, he maybe would have a chance to marry one of them or at least make the two of them look better in comparison to him.

They never made it away though, as a hunter passed by and shot several of the geese in the area. The ugly duckling hid in the large grass and even the hunter’s dog wouldn’t even bite him, because he was so ugly. The ugly duckling fled and after a long time, he came across an old cottage. A storm was brewing and he found shelter by the door and noticed it wasn’t completely closed and he slipped inside.

An old woman, a tom cat and a hen lived in the house. The cat could purr and make the woman happy, while the hen could lay eggs. In the morning, the old woman found the ugly duckling, but due to her bad eyesight, she assumed he had to be a fat duck. Happy and hoping he wasn’t a drake, she allowed him to stay on trial for three weeks, to see if any eggs would come, but there didn’t. The tom cat and hen confronted him about being able to neither purr nor lay eggs and therefore he was useless and had nothing to say in the house.

The duckling longed to be free and swim again, so he left the cottage and continued on. The ugly duckling spent most of his time by a lake, always alone, as he was too ugly for the other birds to come near him. One winter day, a group of beautiful white birds passed by. They were swans, but the ugly duckling did not know this, but was still so excited and had an odd sensation watching the graceful birds taking off, to warmer countries. Oh how he wished he could be as graceful and magnificent as them, but he was just a poor ugly creature and had to stay in the lake for the winter.

The ugly duckling had to keep swimming, to keep the lake from freezing, but each night, the space he had, became smaller and smaller, until he was finally completely frozen solid onto the ice. A peasant came by and freed him from the ice and took the ugly duckling with him home to his wife. The ugly duckling got startled by the peasant’s children though and he escaped. He spends the winter all alone on his own and endured so much hardship, but still he survived and made it to spring.

As the apple trees were in full bloom and the sun shined down on the lake, the ugly duckling was hiding in a thicket and noticed three of those beautiful white birds had appeared at the lake and he felt strangely unhappy. He wished to swim to those royal birds and have them kill him, for he was so ugly and dared to approach them. He didn’t care anymore and then swam out onto the lake and pleaded for the swans to kill him, as he bend his head down towards the lake and awaited death.

Though as he saw his reflection in the water, he could see he no longer was an ugly grey duckling, but had become a beautiful white swan. He was glad he had suffered trouble and hardship, ‘cause now he could enjoy this pleasure and happiness even more and the other swans swam around him and happily greeted him.

A family came to the lake and the children were excited to see the new swan and immediately started to throw pieces of bread and cake to them. They kept repeating how beautiful the new swan was and how he was the most magnificent of them all. The ugly duckling did not know what to do. He felt so happy, being called the most beautiful of them all and even the other swans bowed before him. Then he cried from his heart “I never dreamed of such happiness as this, while I was an ugly duckling. To be born into a duck’s nest, in a farmyard, is of no consequence to a bird, if it is hatched from a swan’s egg.”

One of my favourite fairytales, thank you. <3 H.C. Andersen was one of the best. :D Beautiful swan dog! <3

This is and always has been my favorite fairy tale. I donate if I get any other fairy tale pets or not as long as I have my beautiful ugly duckling. <3
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AgentPendergast » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Got one of the blind/eyeless Wolf, right from a day 1 outcome did not see that coming.

Wasn't there a Tale where girls were making a bet with a witch that wanted their eyes? Could be wrong tho its been ages
AgentPendergast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrulyBrilliant » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Doesn't the Grimm version of Cinderella have the sisters getting their eyes poked out by crows? Could be in reference to that.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Oh just

xxx

your mouth
and

xxx

that you  are

to me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

┌─────────────┐
codingart flight rising
tradeshoardsdisplays

└─────────────┘

┌─────────────┐
AJ aka TB, Tru, or Truly
She/Her ▪ Reader ▪ Kickboxer
Hoarder ▪ Night Owl
❝ Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind. ❞

└─────────────┘

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
TrulyBrilliant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:35 pm

I consider myself quite a fairytale nerd, and I have no idea. I like the classic Cinderella idea. I'd suggest the prince from Rapunzel, as he had his eyes scratched out, but the dog is clearly wearing a dress. Hope we get confirmation from the artist soon!

Still holding out hope for a Vasilisa the Beautiful or East of the Sun and West of the Moon
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:38 pm

The Story of a Mother

Once upon a time, there was a mother. She had watched over her sick child for three days straight, but the moment she rested her eyes, Death came into their home and took away her son. She rushed out into the street, where she met a woman, who was the Night, and she asked which way Death had gone. The Night said Death walks faster than the wind and never returns what he takes, but the Mother still insists to follow after him. Night says she has to go into the forest, but she will first have to sing every lullaby she has sung for her child.

She goes into the forest and finds a thorn bush, who tells her which way to go, but only after she has warmed the bush, by pressing it against her chest, causing her to bleed. Then she comes to a lake, who offers to bring her over to the other side in exchange for her eyes, so she cries them out.

The now blind mother reaches a greenhouse, where Death cares for flowers and trees that represents human lifes. The mother finds a little sick plant, recognizing it as her child by its heartbeat. An old woman, who helps Death care for the plants, tells the mother, in exchange for her hair, that when Death returns, she must threaten to rip up the other flowers. This will frighten Death, as he will have to answer to God, who’s the only one who decided when plants shall be ripped up and planted in the garden of paradise.

Death comes back, carrying the child and is surprised to see the mother is there, curious to how she could have come there before him, to which she replies “I am a mother”. She then threatens to rip out two flowers, but immediately let go, when Death asks if she wish to make two other mothers as unhappy as herself, by taking away their children.

Death then gives the mother back her eyes and asks her to look into a well. Here she sees two different children, one growing up to a bright, happy and loving future, while the other only have misery, grief and despair ahead of them. Death tells the mother that one of these futures is the one of her child. She screams in fear and asks which one is the future of her child, as she would rather see her child be carried into the kingdom of God now, than suffer such a miserable life. Death says he cannot tell her this and she will have to decide if she wants her child back or if he shall take it with her.

The mother wrings her hands, gets down on her knees and prays to god, saying “Do not listen to me when I ask against your will. Do not listen to me, do not listen to me, do not listen to me!” and thus Death leaves, taking her child with him into the unknown land.
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby V a p o r e o n » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Pluma wrote:
The Story of a Mother

Once upon a time, there was a mother. She had watched over her sick child for three days straight, but the moment she rested her eyes, Death came into their home and took away her son. She rushed out into the street, where she met a woman, who was the Night, and she asked which way Death had gone. The Night said Death walks faster than the wind and never returns what he takes, but the Mother still insists to follow after him. Night says she has to go into the forest, but she will first have to sing every lullaby she has sung for her child.

She goes into the forest and finds a thorn bush, who tells her which way to go, but only after she has warmed the bush, by pressing it against her chest, causing her to bleed. Then she comes to a lake, who offers to bring her over to the other side in exchange for her eyes, so she cries them out.

The now blind mother reaches a greenhouse, where Death cares for flowers and trees that represents human lifes. The mother finds a little sick plant, recognizing it as her child by its heartbeat. An old woman, who helps Death care for the plants, tells the mother, in exchange for her hair, that when Death returns, she must threaten to rip up the other flowers. This will frighten Death, as he will have to answer to God, who’s the only one who decided when plants shall be ripped up and planted in the garden of paradise.

Death comes back, carrying the child and is surprised to see the mother is there, curious to how she could have come there before him, to which she replies “I am a mother”. She then threatens to rip out two flowers, but immediately let go, when Death asks if she wish to make two other mothers as unhappy as herself, by taking away their children.

Death then gives the mother back her eyes and asks her to look into a well. Here she sees two different children, one growing up to a bright, happy and loving future, while the other only have misery, grief and despair ahead of them. Death tells the mother that one of these futures is the one of her child. She screams in fear and asks which one is the future of her child, as she would rather see her child be carried into the kingdom of God now, than suffer such a miserable life. Death says he cannot tell her this and she will have to decide if she wants her child back or if he shall take it with her.

The mother wrings her hands, gets down on her knees and prays to god, saying “Do not listen to me when I ask against your will. Do not listen to me, do not listen to me, do not listen to me!” and thus Death leaves, taking her child with him into the unknown land.

This got.... Dark...
Silly Sloth Safety© wrote:
Feeling down? Hope this Sloth will help!

ImageClick sweet Vaporeon dragon to go to my Flight Rising!
V a p o r e o n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Power On » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Pluma wrote:
The Story of a Mother

Oh my lord
YOᙀ'ᖇᙓ ᘜOIᑎᘜ TO ᙖᙓ ᔕOᙏᙓTᕼIᑎᘜ ᙓ᙭TᖇᗩOᖇᗪIᑎᗩᖇY★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

If I could begin to be, half of what you think of me -
Hey there you clod, I'm Power on and it's a pleasure to meet you
As you can see, I'm a Steven Universe nerd, but I also like many
other things, such as YouTube, Roleplaying, Septiplier, art,
just to name a few. Feel free to send me a trade, and if you
need someone to talk to feel free to PM me! I won't bite >:3
Something else worth mentioning is that I'm Lapidot trash
To be honest with you I'm trash for a lot of stuff, so yeah!
Also, it would be epic if you could join my RP

If I'm having any giveaways or such
I will put them here
Everyone have a lovely day
And love life to the fullest
- I could do about anything, I could even learn how to love

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★YOᙀ'ᖇᙓ ᘜOIᑎᘜ TO ᙖᙓ ᗩ ᕼᙀᙏᗩᑎ ᙖᙓIᑎᘜ
Power On

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery