Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby SleepySilene » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:44 am

Username: AllofLove
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: (N?A)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I used to play a long time ago as a kid, and just came back.
What do you like best so far?: I love the collecting pet aspect, making a wishlist and trying to complete it.
Any questions?: Really curious about trades, how to find a good person to trade with, and how to figure out trades w/different species and years ? (Like some people say dogs are worth more and others don't????)
SleepySilene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:43 am

AllofLove wrote:Username: AllofLove
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: (N?A)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I used to play a long time ago as a kid, and just came back.
What do you like best so far?: I love the collecting pet aspect, making a wishlist and trying to complete it.
Any questions?: Really curious about trades, how to find a good person to trade with, and how to figure out trades w/different species and years ? (Like some people say dogs are worth more and others don't????)

Trading can be the hardest aspect of CS:

I hope this helps!

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roy.Roy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Username: StitchesRoyale
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:---
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: By a friend!
What do you like best so far?: I love the artists here!
Any questions?: Yes, quite a few though!: How can I join a role-play? How do I use the waterpaint, blend, smudge, dodge, burn, blur and fill tool? Is there a way for shading/lightening my artwork? How can I see my pets rarity?
That's all, thanks!
Roy.Roy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:29 pm

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon, AquilaFuga, Panne, Porcelaine, Fat Unicorn and Nadine.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furtoro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:24 am

Username: furtoro
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone on insta was posting about it
What do you like best so far?: The cute animals
Any questions?:
Furtoro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardener » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:02 am

Username:miisty
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:english!
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:idk
What do you like best so far?:everything
Any questions?:trading... meeting friends and getting pets. im not that new, so dont feel urgent

aponia she/her
slightly inactive
rentry
gardener

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:08 am

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crystallarium » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:09 am

Hi! I'm crystallarium
English is my first language
I found chicken smoothie through flight rising
I'm not exactly sure how everything runs here? I've adopted some pets but I dunno how to decorate them or do trades or earn chicken dollars? So any advice would be appreciated! Thank you! :)
crystallarium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HutchtheHeinous » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Username: Fenris.
Languages that you are fluent in: Only English
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS?: I've done my best to help people, but I don't recall the exact threads aha. I have however offered help to a few newbies over the years on the introductions forum. Here's a recent one!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on this site for seven years now, and have had experience with probably every single thing available on the site. I have used Oekaki as my first digital program, and posted on all of the experience levels. I love to roleplay, so I'd be happy to help show them how things generally work down there and in the forums. I could answer questions about past pets, and current ones, as I have attended almost every special event. Overall, I love working with people, including younger ones (as I know this site is family friendly, and I'm sure a lot of the newbies will be younger).
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm on quite often; maybe 2-3 hours a day. I almost always have a tab open on mobile while I'm out too, so I can check to see if anything is happening.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yup!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, of course (:

𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚣𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚢.
HutchtheHeinous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Kayoubi wrote:Username: Sno Leopard
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I'm only fluent in English, sorry.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, I have participated in this a couple times before (several years ago) and I frequent the help forum. Whenever I find someone who needs help and I can help them without being spammy/redundant, I try to help them. Over three years this adds up to quite a bit, so I'm disinclined to find all of them, but if you really want an example or something I'm sure I can dig one up. or just dig around here, this should have all the topics in the help/suggestions board that I've posted on
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am very experienced with the site and I love to see new players come here and discover what a wonderful site CS is. It makes me really sad when I see someone join and then quit simply because they couldn't understand a site dynamic. I know a lot of the small, "secret" tricks on CS (such as the pageSize trick) as well as the fact that I am very comfortable with the site and community as a whole. I also have a bit of background in how computers/browsers/the Internet work in general and can be pretty good at troubleshooting whenever someone's having cache or other browser issues, given that I can get many of these myself. I've seen and dealt with a lot, and I'd really like to share this knowledge with someone who needs it!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS every day for 2-4 hours throughout the day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes

My newbie never responded. May I be added back to the top of the list, please?
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal