We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Which path should we take to improve the pet rarity system?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Keep the current categories, but spread pets out more across the categories we have
22%
Add a new "very uncommon" rarity category
16%
Add four new rarity categories
62%

Total votes : 5068

Re: We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Postby gravy » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:22 am

purride wrote:Just an aside, I think it would be nice for another update on the first post now that the poll is complete!

Agreed!:) but no rush of course!

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:42 am

gravy wrote:
purride wrote:Just an aside, I think it would be nice for another update on the first post now that the poll is complete!

Agreed!:) but no rush of course!

Don't worry, there'll be an update once we are ready to post it - the poll result is pretty obvious, so there shouldn't be any confusion for now. ^^
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:59 pm

I came across this too late to vote but just wanted to say how excited I am that the extra rarities we were asking for a few years back are actually going to be added!

I am a bit disappointed that only one extra above rare category is being added, as that’s where the major issues are around trading and why so many of us don’t trade higher rarities anymore. Hopefully with the massive reshuffle dropping a lot of rares down to the very uncommon and extremely uncommon groups and the more common very rares down to rare it will at least give a little more clarity.
Last edited by lil rascal on Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TANKMEN » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:32 am

im very late coming in but im a 2009 player (previous account was purged on request, before anyone questions haha), an ex-rares list trader and i want nothing more than more granular rarities. coming back to CS, the trading scene is kind of a nightmare, the complete arbitrary rules between one rare against another (etc) is difficult to wrap your head around. with more specification to rarity, it makes it easier to match up two pets from different years by highlighting their actual distribution. this would be a good thing for people getting into trading, and is an update that should've been implemented years ago. but always better late than never, and im very grateful the staff are tackling the problem at all!

there's a lot of great mockups for colours and bars and etc but ultimately i want to state that it makes the most logical sense for OMGSR to have a rainbow bar, and customs should NOT negate the visual experience of the entire site. customs are so few and far between, cannot be traded, and they dont have a true 'rarity'. if anything, their bar should be changed or embellished accordingly to allow OMGSRs to use the rainbow. its not like any regular player is going to get one. and thats fine! but OMGSR's visuals are therefore more important to the site than custom's ^^ that's my two cents, anyway!
Image TANK » THEY/XEY/SHE/PUP

------Autistic Adult PF-DID system
------Ex-2009 player
------PPS Collector and forever child!
PFP: @jijistu
TANKMEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevvee » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:24 pm

TANKMEN wrote:i want to state that it makes the most logical sense for OMGSR to have a rainbow bar, and customs should NOT negate the visual experience of the entire site. customs are so few and far between, cannot be traded, and they dont have a true 'rarity'. if anything, their bar should be changed or embellished accordingly to allow OMGSRs to use the rainbow. its not like any regular player is going to get one. and thats fine! but OMGSR's visuals are therefore more important to the site than custom's

Tautoko 100%, I deadass didn't even know customs existed until this discussion. They are simply not relevant.
Eevvee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:57 pm

peanuts wrote:
Eevvee wrote:
TANKMEN wrote:i want to state that it makes the most logical sense for OMGSR to have a rainbow bar, and customs should NOT negate the visual experience of the entire site. customs are so few and far between, cannot be traded, and they dont have a true 'rarity'. if anything, their bar should be changed or embellished accordingly to allow OMGSRs to use the rainbow. its not like any regular player is going to get one. and thats fine! but OMGSR's visuals are therefore more important to the site than custom's

Tautoko 100%, I deadass didn't even know customs existed until this discussion. They are simply not relevant.

i agree with this, i love that idea of omgsr pets having the gradient rainbow tags and it is a bit unfortunate that it might not be possible due to customs (which are made only for a very few amount of people anyway)

I honestly do like the idea of a rainbow OMGSR, but I also want OMGSR to be the pearlescent color, and for the custom rarity to stay the same because I hate change (can’t wait for the new rarities tho!)
Pet's name: Ashfur

ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aelius » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:23 pm

ShadowKatto wrote:
peanuts wrote:-snip-

I honestly do like the idea of a rainbow OMGSR, but I also want OMGSR to be the pearlescent color, and for the custom rarity to stay the same because I hate change (can’t wait for the new rarities tho!)

i don't see why custom rarities should stay the same, as they wouldn't really affect the normal player at all? so there wouldn't really be any visible change for regular users.
i don't have anything against the pearlescent rarity bar though, i just feel it doesn't necessarily match the vibes of the rest of the CS rarity colors - it clashes a bit against them, and for it to "fit" properly i feel like the rest of the rarity bars would have to be pastel-ish colors which would be hard to distinguish from one another, the rainbow bar can easily be made from the rarity bar color system we have right now, though! that's not to say the pearlescent bar isn't very pretty. i honestly think it would work better for the custom pets, since that would allow them to have a completely unique rarity bar, and since they don't abide by any rarity standards anyway, it wouldn't really be clashing with the rest of the system!
mac | he/they
art shop trade thread
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
aelius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lungs » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:16 am

I think adding the 4 would be awesome. More choices = more fun

They / Them • Artist • PNW
lungs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaster Kuromi » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:34 am

peanuts wrote:
Eevvee wrote:

i agree with this, i love that idea of omgsr pets having the gradient rainbow tags and it is a bit unfortunate that it might not be possible due to customs (which are made only for a very few amount of people anyway)

Man I'd also like to jump on here an add, I *also* had no idea customs existed until this thread. And now I have a ton of questions about them lol. But I'd love to have the rainbow bar for the OMGSR too <3
All about my family // That's Grey 59

Kaster Kuromi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby far » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:16 am

^^ I agree! Customs are really only relevant to the very few people who own them. I've personally never encountered a custom without looking for it specifically. It would be cool if omgsr had a fancy bar because most players will eventually actually be able to achieve one, rather than a custom that only moderators really achieve. Don't get me wrong customs are cool, but they are so irrelevant for everyday players that I don't think their bar should matter as much. Isn't it enough that you got a one of a kind pet? If I recall correctly customs didn't even have a rarity bar for a long time.
far

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me