We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Which path should we take to improve the pet rarity system?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Keep the current categories, but spread pets out more across the categories we have
22%
Add a new "very uncommon" rarity category
16%
Add four new rarity categories
62%

Total votes : 5068

Re: We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Postby Metax » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:38 am

Saphiric wrote:
Aaron✦ wrote:
Wookieinmashoo wrote:Image

made a couple different gold bars and the pearly one. I'm not really sure these oulw fit though so someone else may have to make some gold ones.

These are so cool! I think either pearlescent or gold are my favourite of the ones I've seen :) If the community wants rainbow for OMGSR instead of customs, one of these could be cool for customs instead

Ooh actually do rainbow for the OMGSR and let the people who own customs have the options of these gold/pearlescent bars would be a cool compromise tbh

I actually agree with this. The rainbow is more "on brand" with pet rarities, and customs are much more exclusive and deserving of these special icons.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
┌──────────┐

𝓫𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝓪𝓻𝓭
[ 52,000! ]

└──────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓪𝔁 𝓼𝓱𝓮/𝓱𝓮𝓻
─────────────

Hiya! I'm trying to complete my
pet collection. c:

On hiatus!

║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
░░░░░░
𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐬xx
[ no stores/URs ]

✧ | dogs - 22

everything else is
finished!

Metax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conarcoin » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:33 am

Aaron✦ wrote:

made a couple different gold bars and the pearly one. I'm not really sure these oulw fit though so someone else may have to make some gold ones.

These are so cool! I think either pearlescent or gold are my favourite of the ones I've seen :) If the community wants rainbow for OMGSR instead of customs, one of these could be cool for customs instead

I think pearlescent stands out so much that it would work better for customs. Meanwhile you could make a rainbow out of all the rarity colors, so still tying OMGSR into the other rarities.

(Edit: Same brain @ Metax)

connor 🕯️ he/any 🎄 adult
conarcoin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:42 am

Played with it a bit. Original on top with 2-4 being increase in saturation. 5-7 are different colors, 8-9 are increased highlights and increased shadows.

And one with the little custom heart, though I couldn't alter the actual custom bar because it's not saveable, so some things may be off.

I've grown attached to the pearl one, but I agree it would fit more as a custom and the OMGSR can have the nice gradient of all the rarities. I'd be able to make something better with the actual lines and multiply layers.
Last edited by Wookieinmashoo on Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:01 am

Wookie, zero, both of those are amazing! I love both.

As far as the OMGSR bar, I was pretty against a rainbow one in earlier suggestions (again, because the rainbow was for customs). But with these visual options, I think I do like the rainbow for the OMGSR to fit with the bright/aesthetic theme and pattern, and then the customs can be iridescent. I'm not sure which I like best or which would fit best, but I really like 4 above (its like rainbow but glass) and maybe 2? 4 and 8 feel a bit too strong to me. 5 is also nice, though.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:22 am

OH MY GOD I LOVE THESE
Additionally, I think the rarity bar for custom pets should stay the same. The iridescent (???) color of these OMGSR mock-ups makes them noticeably different from the custom pet rarity bar.
Pet's name: Ashfur

ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:28 am

Played with it a bit. Original on top with 2-4 being increase in saturation. 5-7 are different colors, 8-9 are increased highlights and increased shadows.

And one with the little custom heart, though I couldn't alter the actual custom bar because it's not saveable, so some things may be off.

I've grown attached to the pearl one, but I agree it would fit more as a custom and the OMGSR can have the nice gradient of all the rarities. I'd be able to make something better with the actual lines and multiply layers.

These are SO pretty!!
Selling 1,450+ Rares for C$!
Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 am

Y’know, I kinda wanna see what these would look like using the star mock-ups instead of the rarity bars…
Pet's name: Ashfur

ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nalamba » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:18 am

For me, the rainbow feels like a natural progression for the rarities. I'd love a folder of rainbows! As long as the custom bars are replaced with something equally unique, like the pearly or gold, I think that's a fair trade. Could someone put a pearly in the lineup of bars next to a lineup with the rainbow omgsr? Visuals always help.

The black and white colorblind mode bars are pretty neat as well. We should definitely get feedback from those directly affected, though.
nalamba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tigris2615 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:33 pm

ShadowKatto wrote:

Y’know, I kinda wanna see what these would look like using the star mock-ups instead of the rarity bars…

I rell like all these I love the colors I think 5 and 6 are my favorites
Tigris2615

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samiam52900 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:20 pm

Since the purpose of this thread has come and gone, could we maybe get a new one with a new poll to vote on: maybe for stars vs bars, or the colors?

I think the rainbow would be good for the omgsr. I know the rainbow is for the custom pets, but can you even trade those? I thought they were only for staff, in which case, wouldn’t it be fine to have the omgsr rainbow? Not to mention they would not have the heart in the middle, or really anything different for the coustoms. Maybe just one little rainbow star or heart instead of the scale or all of them?
samiam52900

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me