Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications now closed!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications closing soo

Postby Fawnie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:41 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) May 29th, 2009. I've been here a while and I love it here on CS. <3

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3206 posts. I mainly read around CS, and will give advice when asked.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? For some months I was not active, but I now offer my full undivided attention 7 days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Once I am on CS, I spend a good 3 hours unless I have other things to do. I've been searching for a reason to be online and active more, and I believe this may be it for me. ^^

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    My spanish is not perfect, but I do know enough to have a variety of conversations. I have been a part of many leadership programs in 4H, and I attend a leadership lab in the summer. Through 4H I help young ones set their goals on what they want to be in the future and explain all the benefits the club can bring. I believe this skill will carry on as I help others understand and work a site I have been active on for 4 years.

I do not do much trading, but I know the trade rules and how to set up trades and how to edit them, etc. My knowledge of trading is substantial enough to help with any questions.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?

I love people, especially when it comes to helping them with a task. I believe the General Helper position is a great opportunity for me to give back to a site who has been apart of my life for so long. <3
⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆
help | RP rules| image guide | Image

𝐬𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐞𝐫 | 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 |𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖌𝖚𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖑𝖊𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖏𝖔𝖞𝖊𝖗

the introvert distribution system gave me 🦔
Fawnie
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imagine. » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: April 14th, 2011
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2742
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I'm usually on every week day for at least an hour. I get on during the weekends too, but I'm less likely to spend a lot of time online because I have obligations almost every weekend.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: At least an hour. I''m usually on for two or three though. And on the weekends that I'm not doing anything, I'm on for almost the whole day.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?): I speak French- not fluently, but I know it well enough to hold a conversation with someone in that language. I can speak a small bit of Spanish, too. However, I'm better at French.
    I have some experience with peer mediation, a lot of people do come to me for help with solving disputes and issues with other people. That hasn't happened on CS, but in person or over text. Peer mediation is something I consider myself to be good at.
    And as for trading, I don't do it very much but I have a general idea of trade values and what to add or get rid of in a trade to make it more fair for both people participating.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I want to be a general helper because I'd like to help people who need advice or who have questions. I'd like to make new members feel welcome, too. I think I should give back to the website that gives people from all over the world a chance to talk, roleplay and share art with each other.
x
x
x
x
x
"then as it was, then again it will be"
imagine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koryu » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:43 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:06 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):2863
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?Literally every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:I usually spend six hours but never less then five.
[b]Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
Its a skill that many members have, but I do have good people skills. I've never had issues speaking openly to people here on CS and have always enjoyed welcoming new members.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?:I have been on this site for a long time, and know a lot of the members and i'm starting to feel its time to move up. I love meeting new people, since everyone is so nice on here and i would have a great time helping out with any new members, or broken rules.
Koryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bernouli » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:47 am

Please don't repost your forms, we don't delete forms that meet the criteria listed on the first post. Only forms that are by users that haven't been members long enough are deleted.

The reason you can't find your form is because posts made in the announcements board don't show up in your recent posts or the search.
Image Art by Wookieinmashoo
- Need Help? - - Deviantart - - Newest Deviation -
Bernouli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leachface » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:55 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sunday November seventh, 2010. Wow almost four years ago, time flies huh?

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): Exactly, 2660 post before this one.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit usually every-day to stay active on this fun site.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Well this question, depends where I'm at, like for example on the holidays I visit my Dad, when I'm at my Dad's I can get on at any time of the day until, it's twelve at night, or 12 am. At my mom's on the weekend's I can get around five or so hours. On school weeks usually an hour maximum sometimes two hours.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) Well I've posted topics links to spam topics to help some new users, such as where to find the trade thread, the cs chat thread, and stuff like that. I'm learning Japanese, in a way sense I'm in karate. No sorry I go to the is this fair trade thread, but, I can always send that link to any one whose having trouble.

Why do you want to be a General Helper? I always thought about applying for a general helper, ever sense one of your General helpers, Nadine was such a great help to me in my first year of joining and still is a great help. I want to be able to help people on this site too, the way she helped me. But I think of that, and now I'm thinking , even if I don't get a spot on the General helper's team, the name color isn't what made me help people in the past who posted in the wrong forms, it was me. Basically my weird read-aloud thoughts is - even if I don't get picked, I will still dedicate myself into helping you, your staff, and your members in any possible way i can, whether it's just stopping spam, to reporting scam. Even if it means taking the time to not post on topics that I daily post on, to help others I will, I'll do any task as your helper, to just a registered member like anyone else.
Basically I'll just wrap that up, what I mean to say is I like helping people. Even if my weird user name or signature doesn't give off much shine.

Bertholdt Hoover is the best <3
leachface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Godiva » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) I Joined:Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:22 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) I have made 5409 posts in the forum.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I usually visit CS all seven days of the week, though sometimes I have less time to come on Sundays, as I spend that time with my family.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I usually spend 3-5 hours a day on CS. Sometimes more.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages?
I can speak small amounts of Spanish, and German, though I would say a lot more German than Spanish. I am currently taking German classes, and have many German friends that help me.

or have you had any experience in peer mediation?
I actually do! I helped a friend open up her own site, called feather adopts, a year back. I was a moderator and an artist for a long time until she decided to close down the site. Though for about a year I was taking care of most of the problems on the site, as I was the only moderator besides my friend.

Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert?
I would consider myself very good with trade values. I have had alot of experience with list trading, and off list trading. The one thing I am not good with is items, but I am working on improving that.

Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?
I do answer a lot of questions in the forum. Mostly around the FTT, as I think that's where most help is needed, but I also try to help around the questions area.

I want to be a general helper because CS is really the only site I come to. I know that it must take a lot of work with how many users play CS, and I would really love to be able to give back to Tess and Nick, and everyone who puts work into making this site the amazing one it is.
I would also like to be able to help my fellow smoothians, since I have been scammed in the past, and want to make sure that users new and old can avoid that in any way possible. I want to be able to help stop scamming, and bullying on the site. Especially around the re-releases. I think that's the biggest time that scammers and ninja-traders come out. I would like to be able to stop them, and help especially new members save their valuable pets.
I also want to help with the little problems, like setting up profiles, and those things that new players need help with. I users to know that they can always come to me for help, no matter how small the problem!

Thank you so much for this amazing oportunity! I know that whoever you guys pick will be the best person to help out cs!
Last edited by Godiva on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Write something Here
credit
Godiva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shaymin202 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:10 am

APPLICATON (please post your completed form in this topic)

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 23 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):725
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days (if I can get on)
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? :5 - 7 hours
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
Why do you want to be a General Helper? : I would like to be a general helper because I love to help out. I am very responsible and I try to help the people of this sight.
( can I enter?)
Deviantart
"FOOL!"
shaymin202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tomori » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 26th July 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 7217

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Several days a week all year round {excluding vacations, but I usually get wi-fi.}

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I usually spend four hours on a weekday and around about several to eight hours on a weekend, give or take.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?): I answer as many questions or queries that I can if I see them around the forums, I am willing to give advice to users new and old, plus I am advanced- almost fluent- in French so I can speak to foreign users on Chicken Smoothie when I can. I can also speak a little Spanish, but it's not as good as my French. I have an extensive knowledge of BB-coding so I can help anybody if they are confused about formatting their posts! My friends consider me a good listener and a responsible person, so I believe I'm the right candidate for the job!

Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I would like to be a General Helper because I am kind, honest, a good listener and always up to help anybody! I would really like to get this position because I know I can prove to anybody I am one of the best people to choose c:
Last edited by Tomori on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
tomori - she/her - infp - capricorn - british (gmt)

q&i - mal - best friendo

some pretty cool dudes: - -

discord: tomori #9911
i don't use this site anymore. if you're up for an rp
then please find me on quill & ink roleplay
Tomori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vumit » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:56 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I registered on may 11th in 2010.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I have made 2243 posts, most of which were in the roleplay forum.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit every day. I'm very fond of this website, and have been since I joined.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On an average day I will spend 3-4 hours on Chicken smoothie. Sometimes more.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I have been a member on this website for a very long time and I know how everything works very well. I am slow to anger and glad to help anyone, regardless of attitude toward me. I am an experienced writer, and am good with my words, so I can apply that to my advice-giving and explanations of site functions.

I love people and I love this site! I'd be honored to help the members of this site with any troubles they may have.

Treats given: 22
Tricks given: 0
Treats received: 1
Tricks received: 0
Vumit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 10. April, 2010
    How many posts have you made in the forum?: 2747, though I don't roleplay, which is why the number might appear a bit small.
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? It is now a habit of mine to check CS at least every hour or so, every day of the week.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It depends. Sometimes I can spend up to 3 hours or more at a time if I find something to do, while other times I just come on to check if anything is new (new PMs, forum posts, trades etc) - if nothing, I move on to doing something else and check back later.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I already answer quite a few questions when I spot them. I also try to help people with art related things, like tips and critique (if they want it, of course). Also I often PM people who need some comforting, or just need someone to listen. I've been told I'm a very good listener, and give decent advice regarding real-life problems, as well as online ones. c: Oh, and English is my second language. I also speak Latvian, and a little bit of Russian as well. It takes a lot to make me angry, and usually dealing even with rude people is not a problem, since I can easily keep my cool.
    Why do you want to be a General Helper? I enjoy helping people in lots of different ways. I know how frustrating it can be when you're on a website for the very first time, and I certainly think I could be able to show some new users the basics of CS and offer things like tips and advice, or at least point them in the right direction. c:
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx