Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Postby Lights.Out » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:18 pm

marmoris wrote:not sure if this will really answer your question, but maybe it’s at least some better insight from a user who has been here for i believe three rarity changes as well as a decade now and has past experience with the current lists & older ones. ^^

Ahh that does help, thank you so much ☺️
✧˖°.⁺‧˚ ♡ ˚‧⁺ ✧˖°.
⭒ she/her ⭒
⭒ adult ⭒
⭒ ISTJ ⭒
⭒ aries ⭒
⭒ lioden; Broccoli Purée #414274 ⭒
Lights.Out

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamado. » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:15 pm

Cyrano wrote:Initially, I really supported this update and when it was implemented I was hesitant but after consideration, I am quite thankful for it if progress continues similarly in this way the "list" that has been discontinued will become obsolete and for that I am thankful

unfortunately i’ve only seen increased use of the ‘list’ after this update. :/ as much as i like the increased amount of rarities, admittedly more than i’d thought i would when it was only an idea, trading seems to have become even harder than it was before. i don’t think that was what was intended.
become the heirloom of the heaviness you've known.
kamado.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Froggieee » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:06 am

kamado. wrote:
Cyrano wrote:Initially, I really supported this update and when it was implemented I was hesitant but after consideration, I am quite thankful for it if progress continues similarly in this way the "list" that has been discontinued will become obsolete and for that I am thankful

unfortunately i’ve only seen increased use of the ‘list’ after this update. :/ as much as i like the increased amount of rarities, admittedly more than i’d thought i would when it was only an idea, trading seems to have become even harder than it was before. i don’t think that was what was intended.

I've noticed this too and I'm super bummed about it. I love this update but trading for some reason has become harder and users are still using the list. I've had very few successful trades recently.
I really dislike the list :(
Froggieee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxcloud19 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:53 am

Froggieee wrote:
kamado. wrote:

I've noticed this too and I'm super bummed about it. I love this update but trading for some reason has become harder and users are still using the list. I've had very few successful trades recently.
I really dislike the list :(

I feel like we need to start a protest or something against the list lol.
foxcloud19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Froggieee » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:37 am

I feel like we need to start a protest or something against the list lol.

I feel like that would just cause chaos and more work for the mods since that would just be everyone arguing over everything. But I hope the list goes out of use someday
Froggieee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minecraft » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:13 am

other people using a made up values list doesnt force you to also use that list ...lots of people do use it, but you can find people who dont- because theres Also lots of people who dont :]

putting in your trades rules and thread name (if you have your own trades thread) that you dont is easy and about as obvious as you can get, too!!

maybe you could start a thread/discord for people who dont use the list so you can trade with eachother? i feel like theres plenty of solutions other than protesting a method plenty of people do like

Image hi, im minecraft!!! Image

i like weird stories, silly ocs and making things!!
please give me time to think when trading!
click the flags for songs i like :3

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
minecraft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blaubär » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:15 pm

minecraft wrote:
maybe you could start a thread/discord for people who dont use the list so you can trade with eachother? i feel like theres plenty of solutions other than protesting a method plenty of people do like

I don't think having to use platforms outside CS or being reduced to individual trade threads is a very userfriendly method at all. Especially for younger users who aren't even allowed to send texts within this game, but also everyone else who'd have to deal with it, just to avoid something that isn't really an official thing in CS, since "the list" is user-made.
Blaubär

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minecraft » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:57 am

Blaubär wrote:I don't think having to use platforms outside CS or being reduced to individual trade threads is a very userfriendly method at all.

i totally get that! just an idea for those who might appreciate somewhere to feel nearby to other players that feel similarly :3

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
minecraft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namikaze~Sin » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:47 am

I have returned from a sleep of many years to CS for a passing visit. :D :what:

I am confused about the creating seemingly more equal divisions of rarities, surely does this not detract from the meaning of "rarity"? if there are very few OMG SO COMMON, then how are they common? Or common and rare having almost the same amount?

I may be misunderstanding, so please feel free to correct me, but otherwise this seems counter intuitive?

~Sin
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Once appeared a nine-tailed demon fox,
one swing of it's mighty tail could crumble
mountains and cause tsunamis. To fight
the demon the people assembled the shinobi,
one brave shinobi was able to seal up the
demon but he lost his life.

That shinobi was called the 4th Hokage.

_______________Minato Namikaze.
Namikaze~Sin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minecraft » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:19 am

Namikaze~Sin wrote:if there are very few OMG SO COMMON, then how are they common? Or common and rare having almost the same amount?

I may be misunderstanding, so please feel free to correct me, but otherwise this seems counter intuitive?

~Sin

id suggest you check out this post for a visual of why the chart makes it appear that there arent many omg so commons!

there's tons of omg so common pets, but because that huge amount of pets all share the same appearance, visiually on the graph it makes a smaller bar!!

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
minecraft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me