My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MODS NEEDED - UPDATE: APPLICATIONS CLOSING

Postby Tanta Mally » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:28 am

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd like to help out around the site. Have always wanted to be a moderator, as they are looked up to for doing such a good job. I'd love to gain more experience in site moderating, though I already know the ropes. I love helping people and would thoroughly enjoy being a moderator. Even though I have only been on for a very short while, I love the wonderful site known as Chicken Smoothie and would love to help out in anyway possible, even if I don't get picked for moderator.

Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it: I have been a co-administrator of an old proboard Wolf RP site and to a role play site called Crigons. Yes it's only two, but I still have a fair share of knowledge in the field of moderating.

How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?: It sounds pathetic but only about since Friday. -.-' I only joined today, though have been prowling the boards to get the feel of this site and to know it a bit better. ^-^ I have interacted a bit - though mainly on the forum games board - and have been trying to get to know a few of the members.

How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?: Every day, normally. Though if I'm to busy to go on, I will more than likely contact you in some way to explain why.

Any other comments?: I pledge to be a fair, patient, punctual moderator who is friendly to all, but will lay down the law politely to anyone who disobeys the mighty Tess. x] Oh and, I don't bite (much) so feel free to PM me with any inquires. And thank you for reading this. ^-^
Pets name: Arkanite Arkanite
Adopt your own!
Pets name: Heaven Sent
Adopt your own!
Tanta Mally

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireFox » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:43 am

Tess wrote:APPLICATIONS CLOSING IN 24 HOURS
I will close for new applications at around 10am my time on Sunday (you can check my clock here http://www.chickensmoothie.com/tessa.html )
If you want to apply, hurry up and get your application in! I need to assign new mods ASAP.

-Tess

Life is busy, and I don't really have enough time to keep an eye on this forum as often as I'd like.

I'm looking for a few helping hands. Please read this whole thread before commenting.

Your dutys as a mod would include:
- locking topics which are stupid/should have been posted in another thread/question has been answered etc
- helping members with problems such as where/how to post and use the forum features etc
- keeping an eye on appropriateness of conversation/topics + warning members/deleting comments when needed
- moving topics created in the wrong board etc

I will say right now, for the record, I am MOST LIKELY to 'hire' people who I already know a bit about, and trust - so if you've never spoken to me, and you have a very low post count etc - (if there's no real indication that you will be active here or that you are trustworthy) - then maybe you needn't bother applying. This isn't because I want to be elitist and just add all my friends, it's because a moderator has a certain amount of power and I don't want to give that power to someone who might abuse it.

I already have a few members in mind who I'd like to add, but I'll wait and see who's interested.

If this sounds like the right job for you, please fill out this form :) :

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:
Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it:
How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?:
How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?:
Any other comments?:

Thankyou, and remember I am looking to add more than one person, so it's ok if you can't get online every day of the week xD I'm aware that people have real lives too. Just be honest.

Tess

p.s. applications won't be open forever, so get your reply in asap ;)

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:Because I Love Chicken Smoothie and Would Love To Be A mod and help tess out!
Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it:Nope,Nata,nothing.
How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?:10 months for the least.
How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?:300 days a week.
Any other comments?:Tessa You Rock Teach me to drawrr!
FireFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:31 am

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I love this website and it pains me to see people spamming or going all like, "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I DON'T SPELL RIGHT AND I LIKE TO SPAM!" No, that's horrible. I'd like to help. I have watched people on another website that I go on be a moderator and I know a bit in the field of moderating
Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it: nope, I've never been, but I've seen people modding
How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?: I registered just recently but I've been visiting for a long time (maybe a month....?) before, but I've been visiting a few of the boards, and I really like it
How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?: um.... like maybe 4 or 5, if I go on vacation or something, then I'll tell you....
Any other comments?: this is a great website
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miss Foudroyant » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:49 am

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I love Chicken Smoothie and I want it to be a safe, friendly site. And I know how a few ignorant [Not 'dumb', just ignorant] people can make a whole lot of people annoyed.... -.- And I don't want that to happen here. I want everyone to be happy, and enjoy this site. And I also want to fix things, make a difference, help people.
Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it: Yes, but unfortunately that forum is no longer very active. So I suppose it wasn't really 'Modding'.

Link anyways: http://z4.invisionfree.example.com/The_Random_World/index.php?act=idx

How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?: For a few weeks now, I think. Perhaps less. I know I am a newbie, and that I'm not a likely contender, but I've been poking around, and I am already familiar with forum experience, on Creature Breeder.
How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?: Every day, but the least time on Sundays.
Any other comments?: If you don't pick me, I have no quarrel with you. Do what you think is right, you won't offend me in any way possible. =3

Good Luck! There are a lot of good users here, I know that!
HELLO SPRING (:

-->lemon tree, very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet, but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.<--
Miss Foudroyant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:22 am

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I love everything about Chickensmoothie.com Its such a great website and I wanna have a chance to help out Tess, the site, and everyone who loves what Tess does as much as I do. I also want to help keep this site fun, active and organized. =D
Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it: Yesh, actually on survivorcatsx.proboards53.com Its a warriors site and under my Username (fernear) It says deputy. I have Mod powers and well..um yeah!
How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?: About 4 months.
How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?: Every day!
Any other comments?: I'm Sooooo Sorry I got my application later. Please still consider me as a mod of Chicken Smoothie =]

Chicken smoothie is so 8-)
Bella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowtiger/Rosiedog » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:28 am

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd like to help out with the new members, keep the board family-friendly, stuff like that.
Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it: I've been administrator of a few, but not moderator. Or I don't remember.
How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?:About since around the end of June.
How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?: Everyday. If I don't come on, it's probably because I'm on a road trip or my computer broke down again.
Any other comments?: I will not be offended if you pick a different user.

Chicken Smoothie is awsome!!
Snowtiger/Rosiedog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:27 am

Applications closing in 15min - thread will then be locked - I will select my new mods within a few days of the thread closing.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogpetz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:38 am

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I want to be a moderator here because Tess has been very kind to me here, and I really like the kindness around this site! I also want to help the site stay in its mint condition.
Have you ever been a moderator of any other forum, if so please link to it: I have never been a mod before...maybe if I get the position, it'll be a first!
How long have you been visiting Chicken Smoothie?: 2 or three months. I vidsit almost everyday
How many days a week do you reckon you can visit the forum?: Everyweek. Almost everyday
Any other comments?: I really hope I get this! I have had a lot of chats with Tess and I think she is very hospitable. Keep up the good work tess!
Pet's name: Dragoon

Say hi to Dragoon! :D
Wishlist coming soon!
Dogpetz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me