New Rule for Signatures - Rule is now actively enforced!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: New Rule for Signatures - Everyone Please Read!

Postby Firedancer77 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:22 am

SydneyandStorm wrote:
SydneyandStorm wrote:
A quick question, if I may -- I've seen many users with signatures that say, "If you don't support ________, don't talk to me," or something essentially along those lines. I know the word "anti" isn't used, necessarily, but I can assure you I've never felt more hurt or excluded from any community than when I've been told "If you don't have the same opinion as me, don't even bother interacting with me."

Would these be included under these rules? They certainly don't say "anti-______" but I feel that the hurtfulness in the message is very clear and perhaps even more offensive than a simple "anti-whatever." Of course, that's entirely my opinion, and I understand if I stand alone c:

My apologies if this has already been answered -- I tried looking but found nothing. <3

Just quoting this in case it's been overlooked ^^ Again, if it's already been answered, my sincerest apologies -- I figured it was better to be certain on its stance than to assume and leave it alone c:

This was answered. :) People are in full rights to not trade or talk to someone because of ____ (insert something there), but stating it in your signature is targeting them, and therefor not allowed.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:03 am

DaDwarf wrote:
Lufik[-E-R-] wrote:Thank you!
Finally will people stop scream in sigg or trade rules "I hate hoarders" ... this made me every time really sad/angry

on this I have little question...

message "i hate hoarders" probably isn't allowed... but sentence "I don't support hoarding" is or isn't allowed?

Tess wrote:I'd say this kinda depends on the wording, certainly anything which is anti hoarders can be reported, because that's attacking a group of members. Saying "I hate hoarders" or something would be reportable. But being against hoarding is kind of just a gameplay tactic, I wouldn't say it's inherently offensive to hoarders if someone is anti-hoarding? Not everyone has to go about their collection in the same way, I would take that to mean they personally don't like to hoard but it wouldn't make me feel bad about hoarding.

thank you DD :)
I really dont had time to read old message in forum ;)
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magical-Inssanity » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:27 am

Alright cx
Sounds fair.
~ Mythical-Insanity
Magical-Inssanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scararigid_ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:25 am

Ok got it thanks for the heads up :D
scararigid_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:34 am

Firedancer77 wrote:
SydneyandStorm wrote:
SydneyandStorm wrote:
A quick question, if I may -- I've seen many users with signatures that say, "If you don't support ________, don't talk to me," or something essentially along those lines. I know the word "anti" isn't used, necessarily, but I can assure you I've never felt more hurt or excluded from any community than when I've been told "If you don't have the same opinion as me, don't even bother interacting with me."

Would these be included under these rules? They certainly don't say "anti-______" but I feel that the hurtfulness in the message is very clear and perhaps even more offensive than a simple "anti-whatever." Of course, that's entirely my opinion, and I understand if I stand alone c:

My apologies if this has already been answered -- I tried looking but found nothing. <3

Just quoting this in case it's been overlooked ^^ Again, if it's already been answered, my sincerest apologies -- I figured it was better to be certain on its stance than to assume and leave it alone c:

This was answered. :) People are in full rights to not trade or talk to someone because of ____ (insert something there), but stating it in your signature is targeting them, and therefor not allowed.

Thank you! ^^
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anastasia » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:37 am

Firedancer77 wrote:
SydneyandStorm wrote:
SydneyandStorm wrote:

Does this include trade rules? I see things like this more often in trade rules than signatures, but since this is a rule about signatures...idk ^•^

Edit: nvm, the first post says this includes trade rules xD
Anastasia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Legacy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:29 am

Darn... I wanted to post the JB one.

Stay alive.

ImageImage

Welcome.
I'm The Legacy.
I'm just a high-school girl.

I'm completely obsessed with cats.

Help me polarize, help me polarize, help me down... ~ twenty one pilots
The Legacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *FrenchFriesAndMayo* » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:24 am

Awesome!
Hey there! I love Warrior cats, trading, and animals! I'm not on 24\7 YES I HAVE FRIENDS <3 But feel free to shoot me a trade!
*FrenchFriesAndMayo*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UnfathomableDreams » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Okay, so. I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere or another, but what about quotes that are specifically meant to be anti-something? The one I see a lot is the "i notice people who support abortion are already BORN" one and I just. Think that should be included in this.

Not only is it directly berating pro-choice people, but it's also assuming that they should feel guilty for their beliefs because they were born, which is something that 1.) they did not have control over and 2.) they did not do purposefully so they could be pro-choice. Will direct stabs like these (other things that anti-people might turn to, such as, "one man one woman, that's how it should be", etc) be banned?

I can see people just finding these quotes and sticking them in signatures if not. I assume that the "messages" part of this includes this, but I think the first post should be more clear if this is part of the rule. ^^
[ Finch | They/Them | Twenty One Pilots Enjoyer ]
ALWAYS SEEKING DRINK ME DOG, PAYING ANY AMOUNT IN C$
UnfathomableDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:34 pm

UnfathomableDreams wrote:Okay, so. I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere or another, but what about quotes that are specifically meant to be anti-something? The one I see a lot is the "i notice people who support abortion are already BORN" one and I just. Think that should be included in this.

Not only is it directly berating pro-choice people, but it's also assuming that they should feel guilty for their beliefs because they were born, which is something that 1.) they did not have control over and 2.) they did not do purposefully so they could be pro-choice. Will direct stabs like these (other things that anti-people might turn to, such as, "one man one woman, that's how it should be", etc) be banned?

I can see people just finding these quotes and sticking them in signatures if not. I assume that the "messages" part of this includes this, but I think the first post should be more clear if this is part of the rule. ^^

Pretty much all anti-stuff is banned.
    This would be included in that since it targets a group of people for their opinion on a specific topic.
    It's safe to say that if it comes under "If it isn't nice to say, don't say it at all", it breaks this rule.
    The idea is to make CS more happy, safe and welcoming, so all detours to get around this rule would also be banned because of this.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me