HIRING: Mods and GH, RESULTS DELAYED UNTIL AUGUST

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: NOW HIRING: Oekaki Mods, Roleplay Mods, General Helpers

Postby HidingTiger » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:25 pm

I put the wrong birth date when I signed up (don't worry I'm still older than 13) because my parents are unconferrable me telling people my birthdate. Will it have a effect?)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My name is CowieIsHiding.
I personally love DoctorWho, WarriorCats,
Anime, Tigers, and RP'ing with my friends!

credit
HidingTiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:35 pm

CowieIsHiding wrote:I put the wrong birth date when I signed up (don't worry I'm still older than 13) because my parents are unconferrable me telling people my birthdate. Will it have a effect?)

If you're applying for a position with an age limit, then yes, it will affect you.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HidingTiger » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:41 pm

(Well I'm old enough for the ones I posted on. Is there a way I can see what age I put when I signed up? And can I talk to Tess to explain so I still might have a chance?

credit
HidingTiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftalu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:44 pm

CowieIsHiding wrote:(Well I'm old enough for the ones I posted on. Is there a way I can see what age I put when I signed up? And can I talk to Tess to explain so I still might have a chance?

You can't see what birthdate you put in on CS, if you need to fix it then send in a help ticket asking for it to be corrected along with the correct birthdate to replace.
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HidingTiger » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Okay thanks.

credit
HidingTiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Good Luck everyone <3

Quick Q: When will the results be posted?
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Dakoda wrote:Good Luck everyone <3

There's no set date to when they will be announced, it may take up to a few weeks or longer.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Nadine wrote:
Dakoda wrote:Good Luck everyone <3

There's no set date to when they will be announced, it may take up to a few weeks or longer.

Got it. Thanks, Nadine!
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Atwood » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 pm

rye-bread wrote:
    if you applied for a position, how does/do tess/the selectors go through the elimination process?
    and at some point, do they go through the all of your posts all the way to the beginning, or just some of them?

First the staff goes through all the applications individually and we each make our own lists of which ones stood out to us (either through the application itself or having already noted the person to be a good potential staff member). From there, we winnow down our own lists based on the applications and the person's posts, history and general character around the forum. Once we've got our individual lists, we nominate our top picks to the rest of the staff, check out the applications of the people other staff members have suggested and give our support to the ones we feel would be the strongest additions to the team with our reasons behind those choices. Tess then goes over that thread and considers our nominees as well as any others she personally selected, comes up with her final list and contacts those people to offer them the job. ^^

So far as posts go, recent posts (e.g. over the past 6 months or so) tend to have a strong influence on someone's chances, as that shows how they've been acting recently. For example, if the majority of their posting recently has been on threads for other sites or saying they plan to quit, that would be a red flag, whereas if their posts show they've been consistently active, helpful, kind and knowledgeable around the forum in the months before applications opened, that would go strongly in their favour. :3 Older posts are generally only glanced over if they're looked at at all, unless there's a specific incident or situation being reviewed - for example, if someone had a popular art shop or adoptables a couple years back, we would probably look at some of their posts there to see how they dealt with problems that came up and whether they could stay calm under pressure. Of course, people can change a lot over time, so it's not a big factor, but it can give a general idea of their personality and whether there are things we should check their newer posts more closely for (e.g. if they were frustrated by being asked the same questions over and over, we might check more recent posts for that specific situation and how they respond to it now).

Since so many people have asked about it, it's worth noting that it's very rare for anyone who has had a warning to be nominated as a mod of any sort unless the warning was minor and a long time ago (e.g. over a year old). With so many great applicants to choose from, many of which have never had a warning or their warnings are very minor/long since expired, having a recent or serious warning is difficult to overcome. In terms of seriousness, warnings for bullying, scamming, cheating/hacking or deliberate art theft (e.g. they tried to pass off another person's art as theirs) are probably the biggest no-go ones. To quote the application page (emphasis mine):
Tess wrote:•We want members who have never been in trouble on CS for serious misbehavior like bullying, scamming, cheating, or posting inappropriate material.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby The Black Cat » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Atwood wrote:
rye-bread wrote:
    if you applied for a position, how does/do tess/the selectors go through the elimination process?
    and at some point, do they go through the all of your posts all the way to the beginning, or just some of them?

First the staff goes through all the applications individually and we each make our own lists of which ones stood out to us (either through the application itself or having already noted the person to be a good potential staff member). From there, we winnow down our own lists based on the applications and the person's posts, history and general character around the forum. Once we've got our individual lists, we nominate our top picks to the rest of the staff, check out the applications of the people other staff members have suggested and give our support to the ones we feel would be the strongest additions to the team with our reasons behind those choices. Tess then goes over that thread and considers our nominees as well as any others she personally selected, comes up with her final list and contacts those people to offer them the job. ^^

So far as posts go, recent posts (e.g. over the past 6 months or so) tend to have a strong influence on someone's chances, as that shows how they've been acting recently. For example, if the majority of their posting recently has been on threads for other sites or saying they plan to quit, that would be a red flag, whereas if their posts show they've been consistently active, helpful, kind and knowledgeable around the forum in the months before applications opened, that would go strongly in their favour. :3 Older posts are generally only glanced over if they're looked at at all, unless there's a specific incident or situation being reviewed - for example, if someone had a popular art shop or adoptables a couple years back, we would probably look at some of their posts there to see how they dealt with problems that came up and whether they could stay calm under pressure. Of course, people can change a lot over time, so it's not a big factor, but it can give a general idea of their personality and whether there are things we should check their newer posts more closely for (e.g. if they were frustrated by being asked the same questions over and over, we might check more recent posts for that specific situation and how they respond to it now).

Since so many people have asked about it, it's worth noting that it's very rare for anyone who has had a warning to be nominated as a mod of any sort unless the warning was minor and a long time ago (e.g. over a year old). With so many great applicants to choose from, many of which have never had a warning or their warnings are very minor/long since expired, having a recent or serious warning is difficult to overcome. In terms of seriousness, warnings for bullying, scamming, cheating/hacking or deliberate art theft (e.g. they tried to pass off another person's art as theirs) are probably the biggest no-go ones. To quote the application page (emphasis mine):
Tess wrote:•We want members who have never been in trouble on CS for serious misbehavior like bullying, scamming, cheating, or posting inappropriate material.

Aaargh, so thanks to me not noticing an excruciatingly tiny word in the bottom corner of a picture I posted a while back, I've basically screwed up my chances of becoming a GH?
    I would have thought the reddest flags were warnings for things that could be very harmful to other members like bullying, since being a GH revolves around being helpful and friendly to other members?
    Is there sort of an order of seriousness for warnings, when choosing GHs?
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Black Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me