Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby dragonsapphic » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:39 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Aug 25, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 664
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7, though I don't always log in.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 3, but it depends on whether I have something I need to do or not.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I did moderate on an adoptables forum, however, it no longer exists. In addition to that, I feel that it's worth mentioning that I was a chat moderator for the Dragon Cave Fansite before it went down. It was Dragon Cave's "hotspot" for trading and chatting in its time.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I have, and while I do spend time messing around with the program, I'm not the best at drawing (plus I no longer own a tablet), so I don't publish most of it.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Half of the time I spend on CS I spend looking through the Oekaki board.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I have a lot of extra time that I would like to devote to some kind of work, and this is something I'd be willing to devote that time to. I'm pretty familiar with the oekaki board, so I would consider it fairly fitting to do something that I'm already pretty comfortable navigating.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I mentioned my work earlier with the Dragon Cave Fansite. I have done quite a bit of volunteer work and internships that invoked leadership and work-devotion capabilities. Most notably, I worked with two others at an internship for the marketing department of a large animal shelter / rescue group in my area, and I was almost always placed in charge in organizing and planning the work of the other two working with me. I don't easily stray from my task.
dragonsapphic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OldManGabe » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:21 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 387
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I'm on here every day, although I don't always log on. Sometimes I play with my twin sister.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Around 2-3 hours, unless I have something specific I have to finish on here. On those days... I can even be on for 4 or more.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I ran a website myself for a while, then eventually we had to shut it down. I did have to do a few moderating type things there, but unfortunately I don't have a link because the site no longer exists. The company couldn't afford running the website anymore, so they cancelled their service and with it my 'job'.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I have. I think it is amazing software, and I would love to help others use it as well.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I do. I especially like looking through the experienced Oekaki, but I love looking through all of them.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I really like helping people, and from the very beginning when I joined this site, I wanted to be part of the amazing staff.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I consider myself a leader. I'm always trying to make sure everybody gets their chance to talk, and believe that everybody is innocent until proven guilty.

Thank you so much for this opportunity. I would love to work alongside all of CS's amazing moderators and other staff.
90% of people think dragons are
creepy as heck. But 7% of people say
dragons would destroy everything if
they were real. 2% set off to find
some dragons, but fail. Put this on
your siggy if you are in the 1% of
people who would be by a dragon's
side forever. ❤❤❤
__♥ __♥_____♥__♥__ Put This
_♥_____♥_♥______♥__ Heart
_♥______♥_______♥__ In Your
__♥____________♥__ Signature If
___♥__________♥___ You Ever
____♥_______♥_____ Loved Somebody
______♥___♥_______ More Than They
________♥_________ Loved You

I make fursonas, signatures, and avatars! PM me if you want one.
OldManGabe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby get scared » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:57 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
        June 3, 2012
      How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
      How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
        I generally visit everyday, even if I'm extremely busy, in which I may simply visit for a shorter amount of time.
      How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
        Usually I spend at least 3-5 hours on cs, though sometimes I may spend longer depending on what I have going on during the day.
      Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
        Not any forums, but I have been a moderator for a few threads and such.
      Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
        Yes, many times.
      Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
        Actually, yes. Often when I'm bored -since no one is posting anything interesting and I don't feel like doing anything else- I simply browse the oekaki's and admire others' work.
      Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
        I don't have any severe reasons, save for the fact that I find myself on the oekaki often, and it may be convenient if I could also help out. Helping people out has always been a major thing for me, considering with my guardian's job, that is the essential. Not only that, but in my family I am basically the eldest, with the youngest -currently- being six. I'm not saying that I basically run the family or anything (thank goodness), but I've had my fair share of parenting-moments. We've all been kids before, so I understand how their minds work and such, and also understand that many times it's simply nativity, more than the fact that someone's purposely trying to break-rules/be rude. I like to believe that I can handle situations well and calmly, and don't generally get riled up, if at all, considering I know who the mature one in the conversation must be. However, I'm nowhere near perfect, and have made my own mistakes, so I also know when to admit defeat and ask for help from another user/mod.
      Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
        I don't have any skills that will send you six ways to Sunday, but I do know the oekaki system relatively well.
Last edited by get scared on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
get scared

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mvprodigy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:42 am

December 1st, 2010

27, 932

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
2-4 typically, more on weekends

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
No

Yes

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I've always been intrigued by art work despite my own lack of ability to draw. I've bought many drawings from art shops and I find it enjoyable to browse the oekaki board in my spare time.

I think that it is a unique opportunity to not only admire the brilliant artists on CS and their work, but to help keep this site running smoothly for the benefit of the loyal members of CS. I've been on this site for a little over three years and I love everything about it. I'd be honored if I were to have the opportunity to aid the community of CS that I've come to love.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required):
I have been around the oekaki boards many times over my time on CS and know my way around fairly well. I was a peer mediator for a year and dealt with conflicts between two or even a group of people so I have some experience in that aspect as well.

Cat: What do I get out of it?
Vincent: One kickbutt boyfriend/bodyguard. And you know, a destined love.
Cat: Oh that. I'll take it.

Her ideal date is dinner on a rooftop or hanging out on a fire escape.

Cat, don't you get it? You are my gem.

The thing is that you can't control your heart/ The thing just does what it wants.
Mvprodigy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+)CLOSING

Postby castiiian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:15 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
      Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:52 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

I visit ChickenSmoothie everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
      3 - 8 Hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
      Nope. It usually takes a long time for a forum to reel me and and make me stay. So far only Chickensmoothie has kept me for this long, which leads to the fact that I haven't been a moderator on other forums.

Yup. I currently have 157 drawings as well.

Yes. I love admiring artists from a distance. ಠvಠ

I've been on Chickensmoothie a long time and have explored all of the boards/sections for it. I even transitioned from beginners oekaki to intermediate as my knowledge and skills of oekaki improved. Back when I was a beginner at oekaki, I didn't bother looking at tutorials on the matter of oekaki, so I had to learn the program myself. Of course now I wish i just had someone to tell me how it works and to give me tips. :'D

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
      I have a vast and unnecessarily large amount of knowledge on Oekaki. I'm probably able to answer any question, from how to use the program(ex what's lock alpha) to other problems like how do I change my version of Oekaki or how to I get pen sensitivity for my graphics tablet?
xxxxx
xxx
xxx ⚝ copycat tryna cop my m͙̥ạ͕̠͕͚̲n̫̺̬̺̩͇͕n͉̩̠͚̠̲͓er̠ ⚝
↝↝↝ watch your back when you can't watch mine !!!

╔══════════════════════╗

xxxx
CAST | he/they | catboy, gamer, eclown
  • discord + toyhou.se: castiiian
    i read all pms, but don't always reply,
    pls poke me if u need a response!

╚══════════════════════╝
xxx ⚝ copycat tryna cop my g̖̖̥̲̦̟alm̯͍̹͚̘o͙r̦͚ ⚝
↝↝↝ why so sad, bunny? can't have mine !!!
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muttz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:52 am

Mar 11, 2012 9:28 am

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
7 days a week

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
About 15 hours on weekends and 9-11 on other days, im actually really active around CS and respond quickly to things.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
The CAAA Winter Wonderland Event, was the biggest thread i have moderated by far - however, I have moderated other small forms in the past (such as adoptables, fourm games, ect).

Yes I do, and i'll be more active once I get a new tablet for my birthday (in march).

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
As much as I hate admitting it, I do. I just get so captivated with the art and see shimmering potential - how artists can really captivate the characters poses, shapes, and emotions. It just really amuses me in how they can sprinkle perfect dazzles of art here and there. I have actually become quite fond of doing this - giving artists compliments, tips, and help has actually become a hobby of mines - and I really enjoy doing it - I just feel so honored to be helping the artist out.

Well, for one reason - I get to do what I really have enjoyed and basically what my life revolves around on CS ;; Helping others and solving art problems. It just seems so good to help others, and it lights bright embers in my heart when the action is preformed. And on top of that - i'll finally get to do a share in the CS community, which is, one i've never revealed. If you choose me as an oekaki moderator - you surely will not be sorry.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I think I can bring in confidence to fellow artists and reinforcement when needed, to remind the particular artist that writing on the oekaki is not acceptable, or perhaps that religious adoptable oekaki is not really welcomed and can offend others who may/may not be apart of that certain religion. I am also really farmilar with the program chibi-paint, and can offer tremendous amounts of help when needed or perhaps asked for. I can also offer help to other art programs, offsite of CS (such as sai,pixler,gimp ect). As I have become really fond with the area. And when conflicts arise, i know how to solve the problem with a snap, and calm each side of the party down.
Bottom babe UFA!
    ImageImageImage
      I'm always here to help and happy to do so my lovelies. I'm generally
      approachable and friendly, and I love chatting to new people frequently! ♥
    [ CharactersDAPRHHelp TicketFAQ]
Muttz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rheia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:41 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Mon Aug 30, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 26994

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Usually 7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Anywhere between 8-15 hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them N/A

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I have

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Most of my time on the site these days is looking through the boards at other people's work

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I think that it's a unique opportunity that would give me the chance to not only look at and admire user's work but also to help make sure that the younger members of the site aren't being exposed to anything that they shouldn't be.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I think I could bring knowledge of the boards to the position, as I used the Oekaki frequently in the past and learned how to use the tools over time and I think I'm very good at resolving conflict without it getting heated on my side.
x
ImageImageImageImage
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyuhyun Cho » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:16 am

Question: If you get chosen, do you have to quit Roleplays and any other roles around the community?

I have my love and fiance,Hyuk and my past Jagiya included Jagiya and my other Jagiya
On CS ;-; Im sorry Jagiyas...Im breaking up with you, because you left...
Only the compassionate and strong can melt this ice cold heart...

CURRENTLY:"我永远是你彼得潘 我还留在时间里期盼..." Issac-Oppa, I really miss you, and Saranghae always and forever </3
I love Super Junior, SHINee, Exo and lets welcome Nu'est to the family <3
Kyuhyun Cho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C.R.E.A.M » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 11th, 2011, 7:30 am - which was about 3 years ago!

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1157 - there aren't that many mostly because i took a break but now i'm back fo' sure ^_^

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week, don't we all ?

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? easily more than 6 hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before?: yes! i have moderated Wolfhome Forums, which is the forum of a graphical 2D chatsite dating back from 1999; the forums are still very used and the website as well to this day. but i retired myself a while ago since i became very busy and i had some problems, so i left it that way. (http://wolfhome.com OR http://forum.wolfhome.com)

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: yes. i drew a chibi avian once, i recall? i haven't really had much time to do hundreds of drawings, since i was pretty buried in commissions and life.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: to be honest, only when i get bored, and that is usually often. i like admiring everyone's different styles and techniques, and sometimes take hints aswell! art is my hobby and passion, and i plan to make a career out of it hopefully. in my opinion, every artist and style has something special to it and i believe all of us should appreciate that, if we aren't already :0

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: there are many reasons as to why i would want to an oekaki moderator! first of all, probably like everyone already said, i would love to help and give something back for the people who struggled to make this website as enjoyable as it is! becoming a moderator isn't just a "position" or "rank" to me, it is also a way to experience new things and be able to do something useful at the same time. i go by "learning & practice is the key", and i believe i can improve and give the best if i get chosen! i don't think its also just about the skills, it is also about the way your perspective about it is and how you would feel about this position!
i think this would be a great thing to me, since instead of wasting my time on the Internet i could do something useful and something that could make me realize it's not good to be lazy :p

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): i am a very outgoing and talkative person, and also very social. i'm always way too chill and laid back, but when something's wrong i don't hold back from trying to fix it. i sometimes have a short temper, but only if something is very serious or personal to me. i do know how to use the oekaki program and i may be able to explain things users can't understand, but that's not my big forte!
when solving a conflict, i don't take sides and i don't state my final decision until i've heard both sides of the story. i know how to deal with art theft aswell since its happened to me a few times before and it all sorted out peacefully and without any hard feelings.

thank you for giving me this chance and i wish everyone else good luck!
Last edited by C.R.E.A.M on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

C.R.E.A.M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:27 am

Kyuhyun Cho wrote:Question: If you get chosen, do you have to quit Roleplays and any other roles around the community?

No it's all part of CS. Staff may find having less time for them though if one is busy with the staff role.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌