Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

⚠️‼️⚠️ how to keep yourself safe on CS by arcadia.

Artist arcadia. [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

⚠️‼️⚠️ how to keep yourself safe on CS

Postby arcadia. » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:10 am

as many of you might have noticed, there’s been a lot of commotion on CS recently surrounding reversed trades, compromised accounts, and needing more safety features. on this post and a few more, I will post what happened, what you can do to stay safe, and more.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    what is happeninghow to stay safe
    helpful linksstamps and more

so, what is happening?
    what we know is that there is a hacker whom is hacking into people’s accounts and stealing or trading away their pets. much is still not known about this hacker. but what we do know is that they haven't stopped. i personally , received this trade, then a couple of hours later, it got reversed. the same thing has been happening to many, many, many, other players across the site.
    so, what can you do to protect yourself?
Last edited by arcadia. on Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚠️‼️⚠️ how to keep yourself safe on CS

Postby arcadia. » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:11 am

here’s the page on how you can stay safe and protect yourself~

- make sure to keep your email and password updated. use a UNIQUE password you haven't used on any other websites. some sites, specifically animal jam, are huge targets for breaches. think to yourself, what else have you used for your email address? go from there if you feel unsafe. try not to use the same email and password for other sites.
    - keep a complex password. something easy for YOU to remember, but something new that won't be in old breaches.
    - stay away from 'quitting' posts if possible. there are many being posted by this person. we dont know why. if an account has not posted in years and suddenly returns to quit, assume the worst. better to just avoid the risk of reversed trades as a whole, as your giving them what they want.
    - only trade with users you are close with and trust. be wary of any gifts and unsolicited trades!!

You can also check if your information has been compromised by going to the Have I Been Pwned? website. It will not only tell you whether or not your account has been compromised, but also what data breaches or leaks have caused your information to become public. Certain password managers and other services may also alert you when your data has been found within a breach. I suggest everyone do this.

If you make a search and find out that your data has been compromised, don't panic! There are ways you can protect yourself, and previous breach information does not update itself. Change your password frequently, and make sure that your password is not easily guessable. Use special characters, capital letters, numbers, and avoid using common phrases as well. Make sure all of your passwords are unique for every account you use. Most email services also allow 2FA, which can help keep both your email and all accounts registered under it safe. Regardless of whether or not your information is public, these steps should all be taken.
Last edited by arcadia. on Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⚠️‼️⚠️ how to keep yourself safe on CS

here’s some helpful CS links. some are suggestion threads, some are other resources, others are to provide support to players with compromised accounts.

- support suggestions threads and try to make your voice heard! even something as simple as "I support." goes miles.
    -> 2-FA thread! extra protection with logging in can help.
    -> suggestions thread! From email and login confirmations to more coders.
    -> trade pins! a personal pin only the account owner knows will lessen the amount of hacked accounts.
    -> email change request! if you reset your password or email right now, cs doesn't give you a notification. this can lead to an account being breached without the owner's knowing.
    -> coyote's trade reversal compensation! if youve been affected by the reversals, please check this thread out! even if you havent had anything reversed, you can still get a gift! <3
    -> if you have more resources, please post them below!!
Last edited by arcadia. on Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

please pleas please put this stamp into your signature!

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=4876886][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4161840&size=large&format=png&rev=1688319825[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=4876886][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4161840&size=medium&format=png&rev=1688319825[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=4876886][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4161840&size=small&format=png&rev=1688319825[/img][/url]

last res~
    please share your thoughts ~
Last edited by arcadia. on Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:43 am

visibility bump
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 24Beaver01 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:10 pm

well, looks like my school gmail has 3 breaches 💀
Hi, you can call me Beaver. Stuff about me: Female, in school, Ohio, I am shy and a very awkward person lol. I am a proud member and artist for Storkatten(Storkies), Rocky Mountain Mini Drafts(RMMD), SWE, and Range Trotters! Check out storkies for a chance to get some magic cats!

Image Image Image

My babies- Image
24Beaver01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foorocks10 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:31 am

Bump for visibility! Thanks for this!
See me on Dragon Cave!

ImageImageImageImage
Foorocks10

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawk WillowWatcher » Mon May 20, 2024 4:38 am

Visibility bump! Thankfully I have no breaches. If you ever get a trade from someone you don’t know on the site, and it has a lot of rares+ (also nothing on your side) even if they say it’s a “gift” decline immediately. Thank you for reading this. I will soon be making my own post about this
ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageAdopt your own. Kitters!made by pheonix
Hawk WillowWatcher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me