Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

PLS HELLLPPPPPPPP ARTISTS!! by RedtailTheWarrior

Artist RedtailTheWarrior [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

PLS HELLLPPPPPPPP ARTISTS!!

Postby RedtailTheWarrior » Wed May 15, 2024 2:49 am

If you're an artist, PLEASE HELP ME

any tips you have for Farel/Anthro or even Humanoid for that matter I would GREATLY appreciate them ^^

I'm trying to be able to draw Anthos and animals facing forward but for some odd reason it's a really huge challenge for me. I typically only draw humans so I'm trying to really focus on animals right now. And I feel very limited not being able to draw Anthros and stuff soo I'm trying my best to learn

Main Struggles:

1. Fluff/Fur & Hair on Farels
Any time I draw fur it either looks absolutely terrible and doesn't even look like fur or just like- a spikey... Idek. I've tried to learn fur so many times but it never really works out for me. I don't even know what I'm doing wrong so, if anyone has any tips or knows whats going on I'd appreciate it ^^

On that same note, Hair on Ferals are just- yeah like that's why I can't draw Horses. It just looks so incredibly odd and doesn't really fit. Showing the hair flow to the other side or how it goes over the ears and how it's attached to the head. I can't get any of it.

2. Front Facing
I'd like to think I'm at least decent at drawing animals from a side view, but when it comes to their face (or even their body for that matter) from a front view it- just never works out.I don't understand how to draw the muzzle from a front view, and even if it's like slightly slanted I still don't understand how to show the depth where it's not just a flat face. Down at the bottom with the Cow, and dogs I thought that they actually looked okay and it showed the depth pretty well. But as soon as I removed the guidelines it looked like an absolute mess.
3. Bald Head
A lot of times my creatures look very... Odd? Because I can't draw fur. But this is just...weird.
I don't think it's due to a lack of fur since you know...Animals normally don't have fur there but for some reason it just looks peculiar. Maybe I'm not making the ear big enough? I'm not sure.

Proportions
When drawing guide lines it's really annoying because I always have to go back in and fix it or redo it. I always make the head much too big and the body too long. Is this something I can measure to make sure that they're the right proportions or is this something I just have to learn how to control and get used to over time?

Thank you for Viewing <3 Love you all ^^
♠Life is just a cycle of getting people to attend your funeral.♠

RedtailTheWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: PLS HELLLPPPPPPPP ARTISTS!!

Postby SleepWalked » Wed May 15, 2024 3:07 am

Hello!
    I'm probably not the best to give advices, but I'll try my best!
    I made a quick sketch on what I normally focus when drawing front view ferals/anthros

it's also a matter of getting used to it, learning and improving as you draw more and more. seeing irl references of bone structures are always helpful too! I would say fur doesn't matter, it's more of the definition of bones and fat in a body.
    It also depends on what species you're drawing! For example, here is a front view of a shark anthro I did!
▶Discord: @Caphanelle◀
SleepWalked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedtailTheWarrior » Wed May 15, 2024 3:24 am

SleepWalked wrote:
    Hello!
    I'm probably not the best to give advices, but I'll try my best!
    I made a quick sketch on what I normally focus when drawing front view ferals/anthros

it's also a matter of getting used to it, learning and improving as you draw more and more. seeing irl references of bone structures are always helpful too! I would say fur doesn't matter, it's more of the definition of bones and fat in a body.
    It also depends on what species you're drawing! For example, here is a front view of a shark anthro I did!

Oh thanks a lot ^^ This is super helpful actually. Irl pictures can be super helpful but to be honest I get lost a lot when looking at realistic images. But I've been practicing a lot of that too. (it always turns out terribly tho 😭) So, if I understand correctly, I need to pay more attention to the overall shape of the face and where the bones are located. The mouth was also a bit of a hardship but hopefully it will come along at least better once I get the rest of that down :3

AND WHAAT First, Your art is so pretty 🤩🤩 and yeah I'm practicing as much as I possibly can tbh 🤣 Your tips will definitely come to use!! hank you so much <3
♠Life is just a cycle of getting people to attend your funeral.♠

RedtailTheWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SleepWalked » Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 am

RedtailTheWarrior wrote:
Oh thanks a lot ^^ This is super helpful actually. Irl pictures can be super helpful but to be honest I get lost a lot when looking at realistic images. But I've been practicing a lot of that too. (it always turns out terribly tho 😭) So, if I understand correctly, I need to pay more attention to the overall shape of the face and where the bones are located. The mouth was also a bit of a hardship but hopefully it will come along at least better once I get the rest of that down :3

AND WHAAT First, Your art is so pretty 🤩🤩 and yeah I'm practicing as much as I possibly can tbh 🤣 Your tips will definitely come to use!! hank you so much <3

Happy to help <3 Have fun!
▶Discord: @Caphanelle◀
SleepWalked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me