Range Trotter #STF032 by Archaeopteryx.

Based on Click to view
Artist Archaeopteryx. [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF032

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue May 14, 2024 8:10 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Sailors traditionally traveled using the constellations to orient themselves. What constellation would this trotter follow?
End Date: Monday, May 20th

Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:

Eye Color: Consult the Star Charts
Phenotype: Seal brown arapaima kraken pinnate yellow edged chalkhill epaulette shark
Genotype: Ee AtAt Rmrm Krkkrk Jspjsp CkCk + Epaulette

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF032

Postby Taxidea » Tue May 14, 2024 9:56 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Orion's Elvis
Barn Name: King
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: Gold
Prompt: 100% would follow Orion. Why? Because when I first saw this trotter I immediately said, "That's Elvis!". Here's the story: crazy thing that happened with an Elvis sound-alike whose manager crafted a fantastical tale for him based off of a book titled Orion. The article is long but it is super interesting. I think this paragraph really helps sum it up:
"In retrospect, it’s hard to imagine that people could have actually believed Elvis Presley was still living, cloaked in the guise of Orion. After all, this is the stuff of crackpot conspiracy theories. And yet the fact that fans latched onto Orion only underscores the incredible power of the Presley myth."
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Tue May 14, 2024 11:43 am

Username: fruitbat
    Show Name: Creator of a Million Stars
    Barn Name: Atum
    Height: 16hh
    Halter Color: Artist choice thank you :)
    Prompt: Since Sugar Apple Stables is located in the Southern Hemisphere, Atum deprived of a pole star like Polaris to help easily identify directions. Therefore, he follows Crux, or the Southern Cross, to help him find his way home after a long day of adventuring. He also thinks it's quite iconic that he has the Southern Cross constellation on his coat, making him believe it was destined for him.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Tue May 14, 2024 4:12 pm

Username: ImogenEquine
Show Name: Consult the Star Charts
(sorry I hope you don't mind me using this as a show name, it sounds so neat!)
Barn Name: Ophiuchus
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: night sky inspired
Prompt:
Originally named Ster, the Dutch word for 'star', Ophiuchus decided to take on the name of the constellation he used to orient himself through the worst storm he ever experienced at sea. Through the stormclouds and all, the constellation somehow remained visible and guided Ophiuchus and his crew to safety. He kept this new name in an act of gratitude to the constellation and whichever divine forces kept him alive.

Ophiuchus, the constellation, is the serpent bearer, and Ophiuchus, the trotter, considers himself to be a 'serpent bearer', as he bears a serpent-like tentacle on his hind leg. With this being the case, he was always a fan of the constellation, and after it became the reason he survived that dreadful storm, he has even more reason to be its biggest fan.
╔══════════════════════╗

you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

⠀ ⠀⠀ artist ♘ d&d player ♘ sapphic ♘ adopts ⠀⠀⠀ Image

╚══════════════════════╝
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyy. » Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 am

Username: galaxyy.
    Show Name: Crossroads Witching Hour
    Barn Name: Astaroth
    Height: 16hh
    Halter Color: something matchy :)
    Prompt: definitely perseus! its namesake, astaroth, is known as the grand duke of hell in demonology. the most famous star in the constellation of perseus, algol—a name derived from the arabic term for "head of the demon" and meaning "the demon star"—is a actually bright multi-star system consisting of two separate stars and is one of the first non-nova variable stars to be discovered! algol represents the severed head of medusa in this constellation, a rather demonic and, ultimately, very fitting thing for astaroth to look towards for guidance in the dark.
galaxyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Mon May 20, 2024 7:44 am

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Swimming Through the Night Sky
Barn Name: Cetus
Height: 15hh
Halter Color:
Prompt: Cetus looks up to his namesake. This constellation, also known as "the whale" is one of the largest in the sky. He loves how it fills the large night. He has great admiration for the live gentle giants he shares the seas with. He is also influenced by the origin of the cluster. Originally named for a sea monster in Greek mythology. Cetus is inspired by the duality. He too can be a gentle giant most of the time but can also strike terror into anyone who dares enter his waters with ill intent.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Mon May 20, 2024 10:49 am

Username: kijauni
Show Name: VEO's My Guiding Star
Barn Name: Argo
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: Based on the Fins! :3
Prompt:
Argo would follow the Argo Navis Constellation!
As a true Pirate he ofc would chose the ship-alike constellation over any other.
Argo died before the constellation was renamed - so we don't know if he would have followed the smaller ones above the big one.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Mon May 20, 2024 11:58 am

Username: Zentropy
Show Name: ZG This is Nowhere
Barn Name: Felis
Height: 15.2hh
Halter Color: artist's choice!
Prompt: Felis follows the Hydra constellation as it stretches across the sky and points in the direction of his home. He also feels a kinship with the water dragon, and wants to emulate its fearsome nature as he becomes his own monster of the sea
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups