Stars #3489 by Swishy & Broken

Based on Click to view
Artist Swishy & Broken [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #3489

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:39 pm

Write a short story about a time this dog??? was brave.
At least 4 paragraphs please.

Ends April 12th @ 8am CDT

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: chocolate-red tortie carrying broken braided tabby

[nr] expression, animal companion
[c] whiskers, tongue, shorter tail, scelra color
[uc] med fur, muzzle edit
[r] folded ears

Owner:
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #3489

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:44 pm

i dont have a clan or anything but i just wanted to say that all of the april fools stuff is super cute; but this one is just downright adorable <33
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:46 pm

COOLDOGOOO wrote:i dont have a clan or anything but i just wanted to say that all of the april fools stuff is super cute; but this one is just downright adorable <33

Awe oh my goodness, thank you so much 🥺
April Fools is always such a fun time for Stars, Im glad you’re finding our shenanigans so silly and cute ❤️
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:01 am

Username: coffee.berry
    Cat Name: starfall
    Clan: peaceclan
    Prompt: [ 821 words ]

starfall dreamed of adventure.

when days were hard and she had no one to talk to, she'd daydream about slaying a three headed dragon, meeting a handsome prince or dancing in fairy fields like the characters in the tales she'd been told. she didn't just dream of adventure, though. she longed for it, so much that it took up her very existence to find an adventure of her own. starfall would try, every day, to look for action in the weirdest places. she looked for dragon eggs behind the waterfalls (no luck), for cute tomcats in twoleg areas (didn't find any) and for meadows she could dance in. the meadow was probably the only thing she could ever accomplish out of her fantasies.

but all that changed one day, when starfall met whisper. she'd travelled to a faraway land, walked longer than she'd ever walked before, and reached a grassy slope, full of flowers. it was almost like the meadows she'd danced in earlier in her life. with that thought, she began to twirl around and giggle as butterflies flew around her. she felt like a princess. then he came.

starfall was too busy twirling to notice she was being watched - by none other than whisper, a cat from peaceclan, who was out on patrol. whisper's companion, lumi, had told the blind cat what was going on, and he looked in the direction of the pawsteps in curiosity. he then heard starfall giggling, and began to laugh as well. starfall stopped twirling and looked behind her. as she noticed whisper, her heart did a little dance. "who are you?" she asked, padding over to the young tomcat. "do you live here?"

whisper nodded, and starfall made a mental note to build a home for herself here. "i'm whisper. yeah, i live up here," he nodded toward peaceclan camp. "in peaceclan." the she-cat gasped. she always knew that clans and tribes existed, but she'd never met a clan cat before! "woah, you're lucky! do you think i could join as well?" starfall questioned the young cat. he thought about it for a moment, then slid his tail around hers and pulled her up the slope, his animal companion following them.

soon enough, they'd gotten through peaceclan borders and starfall had met silverstar. silverstar had agreed to let her stay, and once starfall had told the chief about her longing for adventure, she asked whisper to take her to drakon. starfall had no idea who drakon was, but since she would be going with whisper, she'd happily oblige. whoever this drakon was, he didn't sound very nice, but she could face him. or, he would be a laid-back, chill cat who just wanted to talk.

at one point, they reached a cave. "whisper, how do you know where to go if you're blind? sorry." she apologized, not knowing if this would hurt his feelings or not. he didn't seem bothered. "lumi tells me where to go." he smiled. "she's my other pair of eyes." he said, using a metaphor. starfall understood that he could talk to his companion and understand the words she spoke. starfall wished she had an animal companion!

as they entered the cave, a large voice boomed above them. "who has come to face me?!" a red dragon came flying down and sat in front of the pair. "ah," the dragon (whom starfall figured was drakon) turned his face to starfall and smiled evilly. "it's you, isn't it? i haven't seen you before. let's hope you survive." he said.

"i won't fight you!" starfall said. she always longed for adventure, but now she was more scared than ever. "there's nothing you can do to make me!" she said, but as she spoke, the dragon laughed a big, hearty laugh. "sure, sure. but what if i threaten to.. let's say, kill your blind boyfriend?" he raised a fiery eyebrow. whisper's nose twitched at the last part, but he didn't say anything.

"OKAY, okay. i'll fight you." she said, her voice shaking. she took a deep breath and hurled herself at the dragon. he picked her up with his huge claw and held her in front of his mouth. she could see flames flickering at the bottom of his throat - he was getting ready to blast fire at her. she closed her eyes and braced her self for the immense pain she would be in, but something else happened.

drakon threw her into the air, caught her and placed her in front of him. he then began to laugh again. "you really thought i would kill you or whisper?!" he tried to catch his breath. "i, drakon, the ancient guardian of peaceclan, would never hurt my friends' friend!" he smiled at her. whisper also grinned, and whispered "happy newleaf fools!" to her.

and that was the time when starfall faced her fears, had an adventure of her own, and fell in love.
Last edited by coffee.berry on Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:38 am

Mark!
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:59 am

backing out, lost motivation :[
Last edited by Timid-Decidueye on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverrr » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:46 am

Username: feverrr
Cat Name:
Clan: (Please link)
Prompt:

mark!! <3
fev ✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ pst
lover of plants & cats & art !!
th - stars - pfp
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whovian5EVA » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:53 am

Username: Whovian5eva
Cat Name: Cocoa
Clan:Cats of the desert
Prompt:

The cool city morning blew in through the windows. A cozy ball of fur stretched tired limbs and blinked sleepy eyes open. They looked around to see their home, the way it had always been. The comfy couch was one of their favourite places to sleep on a cold foggy day. They twitched their ears as the rattling of the food bowl graced their ears. Cocoa jumped down from their cosy couch spot, and hurried over to their food bowl. They let out a small chirp as their person leaned down and filled their bowl with food. Cocoa’s person was an energetic lady, who often had books and rocks strewn across her home. She returned her attention to her own breakfast, thinking about whatever a cat’s person might think of. Once she had finished her toast, she scooped Cocoa up into her arms, and that’s when Cocoa noticed it…

The box.

Cocoa tensed, knowing that the box never seemed to take them anywhere good. It’s gaping mouth threatened to swallow them whole. Their heart raced, as their person swiftly placed them in and closed the door.

Then it was dark…

Something about this darkness eased Cocoa’s mind. The box moved around much like it always did, with a rumbling and an occasional bump. Through the rumbling and the darkness she could hear her person’s voice soothing their fears. Trips in the box didn’t usually take this long, but before long the silence of sleep found them.

They awoke with no idea how much time had passed, they heard the familiar click, right before the box began to move around, and they were met with a wave of heat, the air was dry and made their fur feel like static. At last light graced their eyes and they could tell their time in the box was coming to an end.
They could hear their person talking to then again, but this time they were looking in through the door of the box. Immediately Cocoa could smell that they were somewhere new… This place smelled nothing like anything they had smelled before, it smelled so… Dry…

Hesitantly they stepped from their box, a small humble room greeted them, there was a bed, and some furniture that didn’t look like great places to hide… What is this place?? Sniffing the air they could smell a particularly unique scent… Looking around the room, their heart stopped when they looked out the window, another cat was staring in at them! Hissing and spitting, frightened for their life they ran right back into the container backing in as far as they possibly could, terrified of what strange things this new place held. Their person peered back in through that door, they were nothing but concerned, as they watched their furry companion quiver in fear. Soon their person returns, placing a bowl of their favourite food and water just outside their box, hoping to coax them out from their hidey-hole.

Cocoa heard her settle down on the bed quietly humming to herself. Her voice was soothing, but Cocoa still felt too on edge to emerge, what if that cat was still out there!
They tried to settle in and listen to her humming, hoping to find some comfort in that, but something seemed to break through. A sound that Cocoa needed to hear…
It was the quiet mewing of a kitten!
Their ears pricked up as she heard the mewing, they could only think of the cat that had been outside and how dangerous that is for a tiny kitten!
They fearfully crept towards the edge of their safe little cave, and then they tried to step out and push through that fear. Ears pricked, they scurried over to the shadows under a cabinet. Turning their head they tried to listen for where the mewing was coming from.
Fear gripped their heart.
Just under the window.
That’s where the kitten was mewing from.
They tried to swallow their fear… and called to their owner. They called until they knew they had her attention. She fearfully scratched at the wall under the window, hoping that their person would understand.
She crouched down, and spoke sweetly to Cocoa, happy that Cocoa seemed happy enough to come out from her cave. She definitely didn’t get it.
Cocoa meowed with more urgency, the fear threatening to engulf them.
However the kitten outside seemed to hear their calls, and mewed with a renewed vigour.
At last Cocoa’s person heard the kitten, as she turned her head toward the sound. She softly said something short before leaving the room and Cocoa was alone again.
They scurried back over to their box, hiding once again.
They dearly hoped that them pushing through that fear had saved that dear little kitten they’d heard outside...
Last edited by Whovian5EVA on Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:39 pm

Username: Macabre.
Cat Name: PeachTail
Clan: BirchClan
Prompt: [WC: 524 ]

PeachTail always was a scaredy cat, jumping at the slightest sound. She was so easy to sneak up on, that the kits in the nursery made a game of stalking and pouncing on her tail. This would cause PeachTail to jump straight up in the air in surprise, and the kits would roll over in laughter. Despite being jumpy, PeachTail could show tremendous courage in times of need.

One Day while out hunting alone, PeachTail was surprised to creep up on a pair of dogs, twoleg pets who were running loose. They were surprisingly deep in the territory, and heading closer to camp, attracted by all the cat scent. PeachTail knew she had to do something, they were too close to camp for PeachTail to run ahead and warn the other cats. Springing out of her hiding spot PeachTail knew what she had to do. She dashed in front of the dogs, hissing and spitting. Once the dogs spotted her they started barking and howling, PeachTail hoped it was loud enough to warn the cats in camp.

This was the first time PeachTail had been chased by dogs, or any predator for that matter, and she had no clue what to do. PeachTail ran on instinct, away from the clan camp towards the twoleg path, weaving around the trees, leaping over rocks and roots. Suddenly up ahead she saw a tree with evenly spaced branches from the ground up, perfect for a cat to climb, but too weak for a dog. She leaped from the ground up to the first branch, then the second, she paused long enough to look down at the dogs, who had finally caught up and were circling the base of the tree.

“Now what?” PeachTail thought, as she was peering down at the dogs. Luckily she didn't have to wait for long. In the distance she could hear the call of a twoleg. “Hopefully that the dogs twoleg” she thought, and sure enough when the call got a little closer the dogs pricked their ears and with one last glance up the tree, they reluctantly headed out of the forest and back to their twoleg. PeachTail waited a bit to let her heartbeat slow down before she climbed down the tree. She looked around for any sign of the dogs, and sniffed around a bit, but finally decided the dogs really were gone. She raced back to camp retracing the same path she had led the dogs.

When she finally got back to camp she burst into the clearing, fur puffed up. “Where's SpiderStar?” she asked. “Where have you been” called out the cats, as they crawled out of their hiding places. “We heard the dogs, we hoped they just decided to leave because the barking was heading away from camp.”

PeachTail panted, “The dogs have left the Territory with their twoleg. I led them back to the twoleg path.” The rest of the clan didn't know she had it in her. This gained her a lot of respect with the other clan cats, even the kits, although they still liked to pounce on her tail to startle her.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 pm

Username: Baobabel
Cat Name: Canidclaw
Clan: SecludedGlade
Prompt:
Canidclaw grew up in a twoleg home. Well loved by the humans and the other animals in the house, she thinks back fondly on that time. She had food and love and family and yet she always felt she was missing something more.

Her mom had been an owner-less outside cat who died shortly after giving birth to her only kitten under a house porch. The twolegs who lived there saw the kitten and took her in to bottle raise. These twolegs already had a house of dogs and never planned on having a kitten so they didn't really know how to treat one or how they were supposed to behave. So, they treated her like a dog. And so Canidclaws first memories were of the dogs in her family, wrestling and playing tug, chasing after toys and returning them to the twolegs to be thrown again, curling up in a big dog pile to sleep at night. At the time, she didn't think she was anything different from her canine family, other than her small size. The one thing she wasn't allowed to do with her packmates was go outside. She would sit at the window and pine whenever they went out without her. She felt she was missing out and something about the outdoors called to her. One day, one of them gently told her she wouldn't last long out there anyway, a small tender thing like her. She promptly puffed up and pounced on his face and they all devolved into a friendly mock fight.

Then one day, she slipped out! In the chaos of the pack running out the door, she slipped out with them. She was promptly overwhelmed. The sights! The smells! The wind tugging her fur! The loud sounds! Her senses felt blasted by all the information. She started to panic and took off to escape. She ran between two of the houses and came face to face with a neighboring dog. "well, well, what do we have here? Looks like a tasty snack to me" he said as his eyes lit up in anticipation. Canidclaw sunk low, panicked, scared, and not feeling any of her usual confidence or spunk. Luckily, just then, her packmates came racing around the corner and promptly chased the other dog off. "Sorry Canidclaw, but we tried to warn you" spoke one friend as they escorted her back inside.

Canidclaw moped and sulked for the next few days. Mostly she was just so disappointed in herself and how she reacted to the outside world. She didn't realize how intimidating and scary it could be. Plus, those trees and things suddenly seemed a lot bigger when you actually stood next to them. And yet...she still felt the pull. The call inside her to go out and explore and find her own way in life. Was she truly contend to stay in a small house the rest of her life? And while she loved her packmates, her friends, her family, was she truly happy letting them guard her all the time? Defending her without ever standing up for herself? As the days continued and she felt the shock of the outside world wear off, the ever-present lure continued to build as did her resolve to stand up for herself.

So, she did it again. Though nervous and scared, she pushed herself to run out the door again. While still a lot to deal with, the outdoor sights and smell weren't quite as overwhelming this time. She actually enjoyed some of the scents and the feel of grass tickling her paws. So captivated, she didn't even notice as she wandered between the houses. But there once again was the neighbor dog. He seemed more angry than taunting this time. "So, you snuck out again. This time I'm not waiting for your friends to help you, I'm getting you now!" Canidclaw's body flooded with fear. However, as he prepared to attack, resolve and courage filled her heart. She puffed up, growled low, and sprung to attack first! She swiped at his eyes and nose before springing away to prepare for her next attack. The dog, so caught off balance though, turned tail and ran. Her pack came around the corner just in time to see him scramble around the corner as Candiclaw spit after him. As she turned around, she could see new respect in their eyes. For her bravery and tenacity, from that point on, she was invited on the pack runs.

As she spent more and more time outside, the pull to go farther only increased. She thought going outside and later, facing down that dog, were the scariest and hardest things she had ever done. She didn't know, her biggest time of courage and strength was yet to come. Because someday soon, she would realize it was time for her to find her own life. She'd have to leave her pack, her family, and find her own place in the world. That would take more bravery than she could currently imagine, to leave them all behind.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me