Range Trotter #SSH004 by Embergleam

Based on Click to view
Artist Embergleam [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #SSH004

Postby Embergleam » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:38 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness. With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

And here we have (my take on) another of the springtime markings: foliage! This marking is a variation of brindle and reverse brindle, and turns brindle into the shape of vines, branches, and leaves.

Since this trotter does have a limited marking, I'm going to ask a little more of you guys than usual. Tell me how this trotter got their blue flowers. You don't have to write a novel here- just a couple of sentences is fine. I'm more interested in your ideas than in the prose you frame them in. That being said, there's no word maximum or minimum! Have fun with this. <3

End Date: 4.28.23

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Finding the Lost
Barn Name: Tiaki

Height: 14.3 hh
Eye Color: Still Waters
Phenotype: Silver grullo reverse foliage luciferin birdcatcher flowers
Genotype: Ee aa Zz Dd FolFol +reverse brindle +luciferin birdcatcher flowers

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by Embergleam on Mon May 01, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #SSH004

Postby MazBourne » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm

Will we have a form to fill out too or just the prompt about the markings?

Editing for form 😊

Username: MazBourne
Show Name: SR As Nature Intended
Barn Name: Topaz
Height: 14.1hh
Halter Color: artists choice πŸ’•
Prompt: wip
Last edited by MazBourne on Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
MazBourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:35 am

MazBourne wrote:Will we have a form to fill out too or just the prompt about the markings?

Yes hello I am a doofus and didn't actually add the standard trotter form! I'll go add that now! ><;;; Or, even better, I'll stick it right here as well as in the original post! don't post trotters after work, kids

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:18 am

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Show Name: Artist’s Vision
Barn Name: Canvas
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Artist’s choice
Prompt:
    Another day, same old routine.

Canvas let out a sigh. He has been stuck with the same boring routine for so long. He craves for something new. However, aside from the addition of foals a couple months back, the stables had been boring. Canvas in particular doesn’t stick out from the herd. He had some markings but they were subtle and could only be seen upon closer inspection.

As he grazed on the pasture that overlooked the same dull barn he had seen since he got here, nothing much had changed. The rest of the herd was already teetering the edge of being mindless zombies….all except the foals. The rambunctious little ones were the only thing that made the place seem more alive but even then, Canvas felt that they could be a bit of a nuisance at times. However, it wasn’t long before the foals would also turn into mindless zombies.

Yet another boring day, the foals had almost tired themselves out. Just a sit that the day was winding down. Canvas looked at the barn once again, seems ordinary. It wasn’t until he noticed the stable hands giving the dog kennel a fresh coat of paint. At that point, his brain started working and an idea was formed. He thanked the heavens that they had left the buckets of paint behind.

He called the foals and directed their attention to the bucket of paint. It was almost as if they knew what to do. They made a beeline for the paintbrushes. Canvas turned to his side and let the foals decorate him. This drew the attention of the rest of the herd. It wasn’t long before all of the herd had some form of paint design on their bodies.

It was the first time in a long while since everyone had that much fun!

….wait is the paint washable?
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jpano96 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:04 pm

Username: jpano96
    Show Name: SB The New Beginning
    Barn Name: Anthousai
    Height: 14 hh
    Halter Color: Ivory white
    Prompt:

Anthousai nymphs are minor deities born to a god or goddess that assist with earthly duties. Nymphs' life sources are tied to the object or land they care for, so although they may live for long periods, they are similar to mortals. The goddess that Anthousai was born to - as you may have guessed - was bound to care for the trees and flowers across the earth, so she tasked Anthousai to tend to the newly created violets she placed along limestone outcrops in a small region northwest of Greece.

Anthousai was happy spending her days caring for the flowers and spending time with her sisters. Every month or so there would be a visit from their goddess, who would listen to the new stories and songs that they crafted while she was gone. As time passed, visits from the goddess lessened and lessened. Sisters slowly abandoned their duties to return to Olympus, some did not make the journey evidenced by the wilted spots where flowers used to grow and barren trees in spring. Anthousai tried to care for the trees and flowers that they left, but in turn, her flowers dwindled in numbers. The once expansive spread of vibrant violet-blue flowers across the limestone rocks was now condensed to the very top of the outcrops as a thin spread of dull colors.

On her last day, Anthousai was perched alone on the outcrop tending to her last flower. Its colors had been dulled to no recognition, but she sat with it in her hand - debating with herself if she should expend the last bit of energy she had to journey to Olympus. She sighed, wondering if there was something different she could have done. Then she heard a voice she had not heard for centuries, "Anthousai, you have done well. When your sisters abandoned their duties to retreat to safety, you stayed and took over them, therefore dooming your own." Anthousai turned abruptly to the voice, the last flower ripping off its stem as her hands clinched in surprise. "With the limited power I have, you will be reborn as a creature free to roam the earth thanks to your devotion." Anthousai felt the wilted petals in their hand and grasped them harder, "But what of my flowers, goddess?". The goddess looked down at the outcrop, where only the stems lay, and then to the Nymph's tightly wound fingers. The goddess reached out, and Anthousai gently placed the destroyed petals into their open palm. "You have taken care of them since the beginning - they will journey with you to the next life as well."

Anthousai was rewarded a second life through her devotion to the now-extinct cry-violet which she spent all of her first life caring for. With this reward came the blessing of having her flowers accompany her in the next life, vibrantly adorning her body wherever she roams!
Last edited by jpano96 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jpano96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:48 am

Username: green.
Show Name: RWS Could Have Been Me
Barn Name: MiloΕ‘ 'gracious, dear'
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: surprise me
Prompt:wip
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:20 am

Username: blackhoeses
Show Name: Little Galaxy Lily of the Niles Flowers And Birch Branches
Barn Name: Birch
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter Color: eye color
Prompt: Birch is very blessed in her family's lineage, she gets her beautiful branch like markings from her mothers side of the family. And her fathers side has this beautiful brightly colored spots and unlike her brothers or sisters. She did not end up having a coat that looked as if white snow was falling through branches. Birch not only got the branches but the wonderful bright spots. And even more amazingly something about how things have combined made those bright spots look like Little Galaxy Lily of the Niles Flower
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge Farm✼Range Trotters
Nutty Horse Ranch✼White Champion's Valdiac Barns
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:06 pm

Username: ImogenEquine
Show Name: Embracing the Imperfect
Barn Name: Kintsugi
Height: 15.1 hh
Halter Color: kintsugi inspired, please :)
Prompt: Kintsugi is the Japanese art of putting broken pottery pieces back together with gold β€” built on the idea that in embracing flaws and imperfections, you can create an even stronger, more beautiful piece of art (definition source). It works really well when we consider our personal issues in a parallel manner; even when we've been broken, we can be repaired and become stronger, more beautiful, and more special. Kintsugi's mother had a bit of a rough past and for the longest time felt extremely worried that she was 'broken' and worthless because of it and her poor mental health caused by it. Eventually she made a friend that told her about kintsugi, and the art form really struck a chord with her - it helped her to see that her life could still be something wonderful and beautiful, even with the irreversible brokenness. A few years after this, she fell in love and eventually had a foal. To everyone's surprise, the foal was born with shocking but brilliant blue markings. The mare immediately saw them as a visibly beautiful representation of her repaired 'brokenness', likening the markings to kintsugi on a broken piece of pottery, and named her foal accordingly.
╔══════════════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

β € β €β € artist β™˜ d&d player β™˜ sapphic β™˜ adopts β €β €β € Image
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
β € β €β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:20 am

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS Faerie Haven
Barn Name: Haven
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Blue like the flowers please
Prompt:
Haven is a spirit. Originally harbouring the body of a tall tree with lush dark green leaves and curious blue flowers, the branches provided the space and the canopy provided the shelter for the faeries in the forest. After watching the faeries play and explore, with the freedom to go almost wherever they want, the spirit had a long contemplation, before making a request to her faerie companions: To let her explore the world with them as well. The faeries, who had seen horses in their travels and found them to be the fastest creatures they had ever seen, created a body of a horse for the spirit. Though the faeries couldn't make leaves appear on the horse's coat, they managed to make blue flowers --- Haven's proudest aspect of herself --- appear all over the body. Finally, Haven could travel and go on adventures with the faeries she has grown to find a sense of community with. A human legend passed around the area tells of a faerie horse with pale mane and blue flowers on its coat roaming the woods, the twinkling of faerie music accompanying its hoofbeats.
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Astraela » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:17 am

Username: Astraela
Show Name: FWR Sweet Westerly Breeze
Barn Name: Zephyr
Height: 14.3
Halter Color: silver
Prompt:When Zephyr was a young foal, he loved to explore and play amongst the flowers. He would name them and call them friends. While prancing and chatting one dark, gusty afternoon, he had realized he'd gone too far from his mother, and in his panic, gotten lost in the forest. A storm brewed overhead, and not knowing where to turn, Zephyr saw a bushel of violet flower friends and decided to take refuge and laid down.

With the wind swirling and pulling the petals from their flowers, a large silver stallion appeared and called to him.
"Zephyr, do not fear the storm or change. With every calm there is chaos. It is the way of life. You will have to choose: to find the beauty in it all..." the deep voice trailed off and they watched as beautiful violet petals floated and danced on wisps of air, "Or see only chaos" the stallion finished as dark storm clouds, lighting, and rain replaced the petals.
I choose beauty, Zephyr thought, as he imagined the dancing petals, then looked to the silver swirling stallion.
The Stallion nodded his head and whispered "Beauty is everywhere". With a large gust of wind he and petals were gone.

Crack- thunder sounded and lightning lit the sky. Zephyr woke with a start, only a dream, he thought and with a sigh of relief, came to his senses as drops of water came down. He looked around to find he was no longer laying among the flowers, but standing where they should have been. The beautiful violet petals were no where to be found and the flowers he had called friends were bare. As the wind blew he caught glimpses of the violet petals in his mane, and as he tried to shake them free he realized it was his mane. 'Beauty is everywhere' echoed in his mind. Turning to look over himself, he found he had been stained by the beautiful flowers he'd laid in. Or perhaps gifted their beauty by the stallion made of wind that he dreamt of.
I used to be laredo
Astraea's landing
My WME's
Image Image
Astraela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me