34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon Staff Litter // III - The Empress [Upright]

Postby cyrevan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:33 am

III - The Empress
Fruitfulness | Initiative | The Unknown | Doubt | Ignorance

In 600 words or one art piece, answer the following prompt:

What grows in their garden?

This can be interpreted as literally or metaphorically as you want. The art piece can be made by you or commissioned, and can include up to 50 words as a caption if desired. The art does not need to include the kalon in it, but in the case that you decide to draw them, please allow the winner to keep the art!
Code: Select all
Username + ID:
Name:

Ends one month from now, January 19th. Extensions can be requested.

Transparent Version:
Last edited by cyrevan on Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Staff Litter // III - The Empress [Upright]

Postby dragonstars » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:35 am

Username + ID: Dragonstars+865902
Name: Rani
Prompt:
˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷
After the long battle with the neighboring kingdom, Rani's kingdom had finally won the battle, and the day it was announced to the kingdom, celebration had begun. It was such a beautiful and crazy night, with the whole kingdom in celebration of the winning battle, games, food, music played all through out the night. But alas, Queen Rani did not attend the celebration, as she was in her garden, a sorrowful expression on her face as she stared at the dead, lifeless garden she once had been so full of life. Unknowing to her, a crystal like figure watched in the backround, a sorrowful expression on its face as well."Oh my beautiful garden...what did they do to you...while i was away..".She softly said, placing the dead flowers she had in her hands onto the ground, there was no response to her question, as she sat there, staring at the once beautiful garden. It wasn't until the crystal figure stepped onto a stick, causing it to crack, turning her attention towards it."Who are you?! What is it that you want!". She said in alarm,staring at it in a panic. "Do not fret, young one, I am not here to cause harm." It spoke, slowly coming out fully. The creature looked like a small wyvern, and was made fully of crystals. It stared at her, a soft smile on its face."I am here to bring your garden back".It said, smiling, Rani's ear perked up, her tail starting to wag softly."Really? But how,,it'd take a powerful magic spell to heal such a large area!". She said to it,her ears drooping at that. "Ah, do not fret, this is my gift to you my queen, I know how much you loved this garden, and because of that, I will heal it so you can be once again happy. It said with a smile, slowly walking towards the middle of the garden, a bright glow emitting from it."But I will have to say farewell, till we meet again my queen!. It said, Queen rani would try reaching out to it, wanting to stop it."No! Wait-" but it was too late, the crystal entity disappeared with a blast of rainbow magic, it did not harm Queen Rani, but the area around her glowed from the light. Slowly but surely, the garden started to regrow itself, but instead of normal flowers... Crystal like buds appeared, sparkling in the light, a soft glow emitting from them, as they all bloomed, to reveal many different colors of plants and flowers. She stared at the garden, it now full of life once again, but she'd notice, in the middle, was a crystal like statue, resembling the wyvern that brought her garden back to life"Thank you, you will be forever in my debt." She said, smiling softly, staring at the now, sparkling and glowing statue.
˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷
488/600
Last edited by dragonstars on Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadcat » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Username + ID: CatOwU 1004338
Name: Thierin
Prompt:
Nothing.
What used to be a beautiful garden, full of flora and fauna has gone dry.
It hasn't been taken care of in a while, yet a single purple hyacinth still remains. A mourn, a plea.
An apology.
A sob for the lost.
The last witness of her dying love.
Last edited by Sadcat on Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Previously CatOwU
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sadcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephara » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:31 am

Username + ID: zephara + 844147
Name: Kali
Prompt:

Physically, Kali's garden is full of lush growth and beauty. Metaphorically? Well that's a whole different story.

wip~

Last edited by Zephara on Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ka1ros » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:32 am

Mark!
    Hi!! I’m super new (as of 09/13/2021), call me Casey! Thanks for trading with me 😄
ka1ros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavender Town » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:59 am

Mark! <3
╒ ═════════ ╕

The world is cruel,
Therefore I won't be.

─────────

ToyHouse | Pronouns
Flight Rising | ©

─────────

Lavender Town

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:32 am

Dropping out, good luck to everyone!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:32 pm

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤
        [ username & number. elf_of_the_hollow / 352032 |||| name. dwynwen |||| gender. female |||| click img for best quality ]

[ 15 ]| red poppy. for oblivion, undying love, remembrance, sacrifice |/| cyclamen. for resignation, goodbye |/| fir. for time
        ⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤
    Last edited by elf_of_the_hollow on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Olive; » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Username + ID: Olive; #786345
      Name: Bishara
      Prompt: For as long as I remember, I'd heard remarks behind my back. "It’s such a shame she’s non-verbal." "Her parents must have struggled to raise her." They acted like I couldn't understand them, exaggerating their movements and speaking slowly and loudly. To the contrary, I had no problem understanding people. My mind was rich, like a garden. Every word people uttered, I stowed away like seeds, saving facts and memories in hopes of cultivating a friendship. But even the nicest of them avoided me, not wanting to be associated with the weird kalon who flapped her paws and didn’t speak.
      That all changed when I met her. She smiled at me in class and didn’t look away. I saw a piece of folded paper gently clunk on my desk. Meet me after school behind the classroom? Nobody had ever invited me anywhere before. My mind tumbled over itself, too frantic to come up with a dignified response to write back. I managed a quick smile in her direction and anxiously awaited the end of class.
      When the time finally came, I found her waiting. "I wanted to show you what I found in the empty lot outside of school. Do you want to come with me?" I nodded, and together we walked south to the empty lot. I looked at her quizzically. It was filled with, well, dirt. Lots and lots of dirt.
      She scooped up a heap and put it in my paws. "Look at this. Dark, rich dirt. We could plant a garden in it." I was surprised by the softness of it. Suddenly, the garden in my head didn’t feel so empty. Someone saw me for me, and wanted to share something primal and simple with me, just the two of us.
      We stopped by the gardening store later that week, arms full of seed packets and fertilizer. When we got back to the garden, we began to plant our seeds, carefully referencing the books we had found on vegetable and flower gardening. As the carrots, kale, tulips, and sunflowers grew, so did our friendship. My mind felt colorful for the first time in my life. We passed notes in class and spent time in each other’s quiet company during lunch.
      The years went by, and our garden grew bigger and bigger. But nothing in life lasts forever. The construction trucks arrived, and a sign was posted to the fence. Gym Construction. Will be finished in 2 years. Frantically, we harvested the remaining vegetables and flowers. She moved away soon after that. As a goodbye gift, she pressed one of the flowers from our garden into a necklace.
      The hollowness inside my heart was there at first, but it didn’t linger. She had filled my life with so much kindness. While the remains of our garden were only one tiny flower around my neck, the garden in my head was in bloom. My memory is not what it used to be. I can’t remember every day I spent with her in that empty lot, planting seeds and nurturing them into life. But every time I look down at my neck, I see the reminder of our time together, how she made me feel. Thanks to her, I’ve grown my garden by myself. I’ve filled my life with wonderful people and things. I’ve learned how to grow the most important thing—love.
    Last edited by Olive; on Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    ╔═════════════════════════════╗
    olive • they/them • ve/ver
    sylph of life
    speaks: english, russian, spanish
    linguistics • foreign languages • ttrpgs
    kalons
    ╚═════════════════════════════╝
    Olive;

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Dewy Feathers » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:34 am

Username + ID: Dewy Feathers 998285
    Name: Empress Oleander
    Prompt: 352/600
    Behind the castle, behind intricate, iron gates, stands a garden. It’s massive, full of paths, fountains, statues, and exotic flowers. The one behind it all is Empress Oleander.

I have been named Oleander. The Oleander flower is poisonous. Pretty, but deadly. Touch it, and you’re dead.

The garden started small, a gate encasing the Empress’s favorite flowers. It turned into a garden with miles of paths, a hundred fountains, and statues everywhere. Her garden doesn’t just hold flowers; it holds secrets.

Everyone has enemies, whether you know it or not. Every ruler has them too. I see shadows, and I see plans put in action. And I am prepared. Their fate is worse than what they could do to me.

Empress Oleander had enemies, as does every ruler. Her enemies disappear, and new ones take their place

I turn my enemies into statues. Every statue in my garden is someone that hates me. They can still think and are still alive, but they’re trapped.

Oleander has dozens of statues, each of them an enemy. She invites them to her garden and gives them a sliver of ruby on a chain. The receiver of the gift freezes in time, turning into a statue. They have a chip of ruby in their chest, a gem that would never come off them.

They can think and see, and they are mad. Some have been there since my reign started; some are new. Every statue begins with a chip of ruby where their heart would be. If they grow to love me, the chip will grow. Once the heart is perfect, the kalons can be released from their stone prison

If you walk through the garden, you can find statues of several kalons. Azalea, Oleander’s sister, is at the entrance. Her ruby heart is almost fully formed. Farla and Pon are beside her, their hearts tiny.

I had to stone my sister, my best friends after they tried to kill me. They are at the entrance, the place of honor. I hope Azalea comes back. Her heart is almost full. It won’t be long.
    Dewy Feathers

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me