Artist ege [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ege

LC #83 - winner

Postby ege » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 am

Light Collectors, or LCs for short, are small loveable furry creatures.
    They survive by feeding off of light sources, such as car lights, city
    signs, flashlights and such forms of light. The more light that a LC
    eats, or ''collects'', the larger the LC gets. A LC's horns and tail act
    like their stomachs, so when a LC is full, their tails/horns glow brighter
    than if they are hungry. Another quite outstanding fact is that Light
    Collectors can move fast... Very fast. LCs can move so fast that the
    human eye can barely see them, and they appear as just a flash of
    light. A LCs pelt can consist of a wide variety of colors, though darker
    furred ones are more common than brightly furred ones. The color of
    the horns and tail of a single LC are chosen based on the gender of the
    OC. Female LCs usually are found with these colors: Red, pink, orange,
    purple, and yellows. Male LCs are found with these colors: Red, green,
    blue, yellow, orange, brown. When a LC is a baby, their horns and tails
    shine white, and gain color as they mature into an adult. The smallest LC
    can be around the size of a small bunny or cat, while the biggest can be
    the size of a large cat or smaller medium sized dogs.

LCs are so fun to design owo

FIRE eWe
This LC here is a pyromaniac (but of course doesn't harm anyone or anything uwu) so fire is his/her main light source.
That can include firework type stuff because why not

geefriend45 wrote:
turntechFeatherhead wrote:
ZAHRA
"A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark."
Zahra is an Arabic name meaning 'brilliant' or 'bright'. This name was chosen for her resemblance to a bright flame.
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
This young fae is a fiery little girl, with a thirst for knowledge and a love for anything fire. She's prone to quick bursts of ideas, such as the idea to learn how to spin sparkle poi, but most of them don't ever come true, as she tends to get bored and change her mind rather quickly. She is extremely wary of others, and it isn't easy to win her trust, but once you have, she is very loyal and, more often than not, clingy. She needs to feel like she isn't being cast away or forgotten, but wont say anything if she does feel so, or if she feels down-hearted in any way. She'd more likely go off by herself until someone noticed her absence. Her mood swings are often and severe, and when she is angry it's best to stay away. She's usually very lovable and easy to get along with, and enjoys playing pranks and being the jokester of the group.
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."
Zahra spat out the chains, sitting frustratedly back on her haunches and staring at the still-lit steel wool at the ends of the poi. She'd been practicing all morning and still hadn't gotten the hang of the sparkle poi! Within the hour, she'd managed to scorch her pelt, and set the tip of her tail on fire, and it didn't seem to want to go out, no matter how many times she soaked it in water. With a sigh, the collector stood and picked up the chains yet again, and, with a jerk of her head, set them in motion spinning in a sort of figure eight around her. Sparks showered from the wool, but she fell into an easy rhythm; she was spinning sparkle poi! A sense of joy filled her being and the flames grew brighter, dancing ever taller, and even her fur seemed to spark slightly. From the sidelines, her mother watched, her ghostly, star-filled fur opaque but still comforting to the young creature. With a pang, she remembered how her mother had passed on; it'd been Zahra's fault, from the day she began spinning, she'd caught the den aflame, and had spent years in depression after it. Now, the poi made her feel happy, feel like her mother forgave her, the reason she hadn't given up spinning poi like she'd given up everything else

Congrats! c:
I'd never heard of sparkle poi before but it looks really cool owo

Also, I'm offering a runner-up to The One & Only Vapor, let me know if you'd like one uwu
Last edited by ege on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LC #83

Postby medicalpaws » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:24 am

Name - The name will be Blaze because "blaze" means a very large or fiercely moving fire. Since this LC is based off fire I thought Blaze would be a perfect name for it.
Gender - Blaze is going to be Female.
Cool fire-related gif -
Mushroom cloud x3
Art and/or story of this LC playing with fire -
Art by me.
This is Blaze, she is playing with a sparkler stick, I was to lazy to color x3

Diary entry;;
July 4th 2000
By Blaze

Dear Diary,
Today my family and I went to the boat docks, we were having a party with neighbors and our entire family. There was so much light there, I had lots of fun. But that wasn't the best part! My mother gave us children little sparklers on a stick, we ran around playing with the light making shapes and words in the sky. It was SOO beautiful.

July 5th 2000
By Blaze

Dear Diary,
I set the house on fire. Mother and father are mad at me, they say we're homeless now. I don't mind much, it was a big, yet non satisfying experience. I wonder what else I will burn down in the near future- hopefully nothing. Uh oh. Father is calling with a scary tone in his voice... I gotta go.
later that day
It seems as though he's sending me to military camp, it sounds fun. I wonder why he's making me go?

August 18th 2000
By Blaze

Dear Diary,
It's been quite a while since I've spoken to you. Today I am in the car, my parents are taking me to military camp. I am scared, they tell me awful things about military camp. I will have to hide you if I want to keep you. Oh no! We are here, it looks like prison here. I will inform you later on the details.
later.
In back. I guess I didn't have to hide you, the guards here say we are going to be crying- our souls broken by the end of our training. He says I will never set anything on fire again. This will be good for me. Won't it? Ooh! I see a cute boy, I hope I will get to meet him.

August 20th, 2000
By Blaze

Dear Diary,
Today I accidentally set a bush on fire. I couldn't help it, it's like someone was forcing me to! As punishment the guard made me do dishes, but lucky for me my new crush got stuck sweeping and mopping the floors. We talked a lot. I found out his name is Chandler. Anyways, after we both finished he gave me hug and we went to out rooms. On the down side, I don't have any friends and everyone thinks I started the fire because I wanted to. I swear it was an accident.
Last edited by medicalpaws on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
c4ccommissionsadopt shop ♡ +21 ♡ MST
* working on social anxiety
please be patient and kind ♡

Proud memeber since 2012
Send me a trade
Hmu in the comments
Gimme a phat like ☆

Have a good day ♡
medicalpaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alienowl » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:59 am

Name - Pyro

Gender - Female

Cool fire-related gif - Image

Pyro howled out in pain as her tail became enclosed in orange light. She ran over the dusty ground towards an old, dented silver pale but, to her dismay, the only contents was dust and a few dead spiders that had been trapped a while before.
Shoot! I used up all the water last week trying this out! she thought, anger and frustration pulsating through her veins.
The young Light Collector began stamping furiously on her tail to try and put out the flames, but this only resulted in getting her paws burnt as well. Sighing, Pyro slumped down on the ground, the fire on her tail still dancing menacingly. She turned around and gazed at the orange glow. It was so beautiful, yet deadly. Pyro found herself thinking back to her childhood and when her father had shown her the incredible trick of eating fire. But her father could no longer show her again...he was gone.

WIP
Last edited by alienowl on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

┌────────────────────────┐
    ✦ owl || adult ✦
    ✂------------------------------------
    i'm not suuuuper active on cs
    anymore but i still drop in for
    a few weeks at a time when
    im feelin it
    [th]
    └────────────────────────┘

alienowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCakeMaster » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Name -
Flare
Gender -
Female
Cool fire-related gif -
I used to be Pancakeh. c:

Image[/right]
TheCakeMaster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ege » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:12 am

-
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaton, » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:36 am

ZAHRA
"A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark."
Zahra is an Arabic name meaning 'brilliant' or 'bright'. This name was chosen for her resemblance to a bright flame.
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
This young fae is a fiery little girl, with a thirst for knowledge and a love for anything fire. She's prone to quick bursts of ideas, such as the idea to learn how to spin sparkle poi, but most of them don't ever come true, as she tends to get bored and change her mind rather quickly. She is extremely wary of others, and it isn't easy to win her trust, but once you have, she is very loyal and, more often than not, clingy. She needs to feel like she isn't being cast away or forgotten, but wont say anything if she does feel so, or if she feels down-hearted in any way. She'd more likely go off by herself until someone noticed her absence. Her mood swings are often and severe, and when she is angry it's best to stay away. She's usually very lovable and easy to get along with, and enjoys playing pranks and being the jokester of the group.
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."
Zahra spat out the chains, sitting frustratedly back on her haunches and staring at the still-lit steel wool at the ends of the poi. She'd been practicing all morning and still hadn't gotten the hang of the sparkle poi! Within the hour, she'd managed to scorch her pelt, and set the tip of her tail on fire, and it didn't seem to want to go out, no matter how many times she soaked it in water. With a sigh, the collector stood and picked up the chains yet again, and, with a jerk of her head, set them in motion spinning in a sort of figure eight around her. Sparks showered from the wool, but she fell into an easy rhythm; she was spinning sparkle poi! A sense of joy filled her being and the flames grew brighter, dancing ever taller, and even her fur seemed to spark slightly. From the sidelines, her mother watched, her ghostly, star-filled fur opaque but still comforting to the young creature. With a pang, she remembered how her mother had passed on; it'd been Zahra's fault, from the day she began spinning, she'd caught the den aflame, and had spent years in depression after it. Now, the poi made her feel happy, feel like her mother forgave her, the reason she hadn't given up spinning poi like she'd given up everything else
Last edited by chaton, on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
// i used to be lyrebird! please dont steal the name - i might change back! <3 \\
depressed again - please be patient with me
chaton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SatsuAyaka » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 am

Name - Solistah Star
Gender - Female

On a day in the summer, a curious being came. Came in golds that the fire would hold, many seeking this light. A child followed this curious being, after herding the sheep in the farm. He followed with little hesitation, watching the beautiful being. He couldn’t help but watch the flicker of the lights as the being turned to see. The young boy stumbled back, seeing both their eyes meet. The creature gave a smile, lights flickering now, seeming to give a curious hum. “Oh little one why do you follow my golden sunny lights? “ The boy shook his head, not being able to understand as the creature began to humm. “You cannot hear my words dear boy, your mind is to wise to see. Maybe if I shown you a dance you will understand me, I know how to speak to you but you cant speak to me so let me dance in a fire.” the boy still not able to understand the creature, only hearing humms and sounds, he couldn’t hear the words but slowly observed as the creature built up a fire.

With a twirl of her tail the fire kept pace, twirling about in the flames. The boy observed, amazed at what he saw, as the being danced in the fire. He watched as the back fur darkened and some markings became stained by the ash but her glow, so magnificent he couldn’t look away as she danced in the flames with bliss. He watched as he was given words and symbols, some risen from the fire. He was amazed at this sight he sat down and watched, reading the words so often, then he saw the name of the creature, Solistah the fire dancer, one who dances in flames. She created new lights and beauty, flames of color, and ones that almost seemed as if it sung. When Solistah was done, she gave a bow, the boy still sat their staring as he watched as the beautiful being ran away. She disappeared in the distance, her fiery light still seen before they went over the hills and shinned no more. The boy still looked after with wonder. Left in the fire pile a stone sat, carved with a circular pattern, he kept it near as the day started the end, returning home with the stone in which he treasured from the flame.
~Magical Rainbow Eating Dragon~
SatsuAyaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Name - Nori
Gender - male
lanterns are related to fire right?
Art and/or story of this LC playing with fire - playing with lanterns c:

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The One & Only Vapor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:52 pm

the fire within keeps me burning bright

Name;; Ignesca {meaning 'to light, to blaze, to ignite' in Latin}
Gender;; Female
Cool fire-related gif;; at right
Art and/or story of this LC playing with fire;; story;; wip

She felt awkward and out of place. Dusk was falling, but her bright orange fur, lit further by the pale yellow lights of her horns and tail, stood out like a lantern in the long shadows and shades of gray. Ignesca growled with frustration, striking the two black rocks together even harder. Occasionally they produced a spark, bright white-gold against the gray sameness of twilight, but never a flame. Growing irritated, the Light Collector cast the two stones into the darkness and reached forward to grab a stick, a slender twig really, and sighed. She hadn't wanted to resort to this, but determination was no obstacle if she wanted to feed tonight. She whipped her tail forward, flicking a concerned glance at the white-gold flame at the end, then held the twig to it, wincing and shivering as the light wavered and dimmed, its light transferred to the twig. With a more pleasant expression on her face, Ignesca gently threw the stick to the tepee-shaped formation of larger branches, watching as it was consumed by the fire. As the large cone began to blaze, the orange Light Collector leaned forward and closed her eyes, enjoying the heat on her face and the flickering red shapes dancing in the black landscape of her eyelids. She was content to wait until the fire billowed high into the dark air, and so kept her eyes gently closed as she shifted to her side. In her mind, she traced the swirling white and black swirls against her sides. They so reminded her now of the flames burning a foot away, the multitude of tied stripes circling around the oval bases. To her, they seemed almost cometlike. Ignesca would have been happy enough to continue laying there peacefully and pondering her similarity to the fire beside her, but a sudden burst of heat distracted her, and she knew the fire was ready. She remembered the day when she had discovered that fire counted as a light source, and therefore could be consumed as light from the tungsen in a lightbulb is. It had been a surprising revelation, but altogether pleasing, for the tallest flames nearly exactly matched the color of her lights. Opening her eyes now, the bright collector- who now that the fire had built up did not mind the beacon-like brilliance of her golden orange fur- leaned towards the towering shapes, opening her mouth in an odd smile. Her face nearly in the fire, Ignesca took in a great gulp of air, shivering as the heat coursed down her throat. She felt a new heat rising around her horns and tail, and knew that the little embers there were burning bright and strong once more. The Light Collector repeated the process several times, until her fire was at its full height and power. Now content, Ignesca rolled onto her side, inches from the fire, and shortly fell into a deep, relaxed sleep.
And the flames burned on, impervious to the shadows gathering in the twilit forest.
Last edited by The One & Only Vapor on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
hello there! i'm the...

...one & only vapor.

check out my art shop!! [click words or dragon]

they/them pronouns please

nontheist • pro-choice • LGBTQA+ rights • INFJ • feminist
agender • pansexual

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The One & Only Vapor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery