Time spent 1 hour, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Celozon

Rioji #28 : CNY Special [Closed]

Postby Celozon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:51 pm

ImageImage
A Rioji is a weasel-like creature with long, bendy ears and a huge lengthy tail. Rioji's use these strong, flexible tails to grab faraway objects, climb, and to defend themselves, and most improtantly for warmth. Occasionally, they have fun and jump around, using their tails as springs. Humans particularly like these tails because they give great hugs! Riojis are very friendly, non aggressive creatures. They can be found nearly anywhere, and their tails make them easy to find. A Rioji's diet consists of mostly plants, but they also enjoy meat as snacks. Do you have the patience to call one of these your own?

A special Rioji for the Chinese New Year! Roughly based off dragon/kirin designs (ok ok I may have had some inspiration from the new store pets) I really love black/dark red/gold color combos and this was the perfect chance to use it.

This Rioji comes with your choice of one accessory, to be added when the Rioji is won.

There have been a lot of Rioji's lately that are special or have lineart edits, but seeing as this is for a certain event (CNY to be specific) This Rioji has the go ahead to have special edits. On that note, the winner may choose whether they would like this Rioji to have scales, or have fur with a scale design. The current image shows as the latter. If the winner chooses for the Rioji to be scaled, I will edit out the fur in the image, this include facial fur.

• You get to pick the gender on this one, any gender is fine (yes including transgender and genderless if you so wish)
  • Forms need to be at least 50% done before you post them. (no 'marking' please! use the bookmark feature)
  • Content is more important then looks. Your form does not have to be pretty to win. You may still pretty it up if you want though.
  • If you do art, just know that the markings do not have to be exact, its ok if they are off.
  • You will get to choose any one accessory you like for this Rioji, it can be anything, just try to describe it well enough so I know what I'm drawing.
  • You get to choose between this Rioji having scales, or fur with scale pattern (which is whats shown above currently) If you choose scales this means the Rioji is comepletly furless, and the lineart will be edited accordingly.

Code: Select all
Rioji Name:
Fur or Scales?:
Personality:
Short story, poem OR art(max 3 pieces of art):

End Date: Feb 7th

((PS. If your not sure whether you would like the furless lineart, I can edit the lineart before this ends so you would see what it looks like if you choose scales over fur. Just ask and I'd be happy to do it.))
Last edited by Celozon on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rioji #28 : CNY Special

Postby Cliffhanger » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Rioji Name:
Oro (spanish for gold)
Accessory:
Gold chain (not big) and a dog tag. (I am not pretty sure though... And I don't think this counts as one..)
Fur or Scales?:
Like he looks like now
Personality:
He is very social and is very handsome, but sometimes he prefers to be alone. He loves new year, the sad feelings when he must leave the year and the happy feeling to "meet" a new year. He loves the sunset, all those colors mixed together. He loves nature, mostly tropic places.
Short story, poem OR art(max 3 pieces of art):
Not coming! Read why. ;-;
Last edited by Cliffhanger on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Closed for commissions • Closed for art trades.
You can also find me on dA and FR

Cliff - In search for another planet, ciao
Cliffhanger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Rioji Name:
Elliot "Elijah" Aidan Qiao
(Elliot is English for "The Lord is My God," Aidan is Irish for "Little Fire," and Qiao is Chinese for "Pretty or Handsome." His nickname, "Elijah," means "The Lord is My God.")

Accessory:
A necklace, similar to Dongwa's. (He's a character in the show "Sagwa: The Chinese Siamese Cat," which I watched as a child.) Instead of purple, the necklace should be jade in color; the disk should be gold, and look a little bit like gold leafing. On the green part of the necklace there should be an inscription in dark green ink. The inscription should look something like this: "艾丹 · 伊里亞德," which is his name in Traditional Chinese.

Fur or Scales?:
Fur, because I really do love him with it. :)

Personality:
Elliot is a very calm Rioji, rarely getting into fights or squabbles. He is very organized - you'll never see his room messy or his dresser drawers unorganized. He labels things, and is very careful to keep everything clean. He's not a germaphobe on any level - he just prefers order to chaos. He enjoys calm, peaceful moments, as he can think most clearly in these particular instances than in the regular noise and hecticness of his every day life.

Short Story:
(DISCLAIMER: I don't know a whole lot about Riojis, as I'm not familiar with the adoptables. This is the first Rioji I have EVER tried out for in my life. So, if I get something wrong in the story that's inconsistent with how this species would normally behave, than I apologize.)

Elliot slipped the jade collar over his head. He felt the leather work its way down his long neck, and rest at the base of it. He smiled, looking fondly down at the collar that had been passed down in his family for generations. His father had had it before him, and his father before him, and his father before him, and his father before him, and - well, you get the picture. It'd been in Elliot's family for ten generations, and it was up to Elliot to keep it safe. The easiest way to do this was for Elliot to wear it every minute of every day. The only time he took it off was to wash himself and sleep.
Elliot rolled over, yawning. "Time to get up," he whispered, jumping out of bed. He turned off his alarm clock with a flick of his tail, and focused on looking at his calendar. "Wow!" he exclaimed. "The Chinese New Year is in three days!"
Being born on the 31st of January, right on the day that the Chinese New Year is celebrated, Elliot always got excited for his birthday. Not only was he able to spend it with family and friends, but he also got to pick where he ate out - and he always chose Chinatown in LA! Even though it was more than 2 days of travel, his family always took him there. They were very generous to the young Rioji, sometimes spoiling him with all the gifts they gave. Elliot would, on occasion, refuse to accept these gifts, stating that he didn't want to seem selfish...and that he had enough stuff already. "It's a PAIN to organize my closet if it has THAT MUCH stuff in it," he'd say, waving a paw dismissively.

Elliot enjoyed eating fortune cookies, even though they weren't technically Chinese. American Chinese was his favorite food - he also liked traditional Chinese as well. He'd often stuff his mouth full with as many cookies as he could, trying to chew them without ever opening his mouth, which was obviously a failed task every time he attempted it. Even with this consistent failure, he continued to attempt this every year when he'd go out to eat for his birthday. His family got a kick out of it, and it soon became a tradition he enjoyed attempting every year. Often the restaurants he visited promised him a gift card if he could do it successfully; but even with this reward dangling in front of him, Elliot could never master the task.

One day, after the Chinese New Year, Elliot was searching through the stacks of presents he'd received, searching for one specific item. "Oh," he murmured, a worried tone in his voice. "Where is my collar?"
"Right here!" his father said, waltzing into his room and picking the collar up from where it had been placed upon Elliot's desk. "You're usually so organized, Son. What's up?"
"I'm having trouble keeping everything clean now that I have so much stuff."
"Why not get rid of some of it?"
"And offend the being who gave me it? No...that would be rude."
His father chuckled. "The being who gave it to you will understand, I promise."
"You can only make that promise if you're the being who gave it to me, Father."
"Certainly. And I gave you most of the things littering your floor right now!"
"You don't mind if I give them away?"
"Not at all. I know you strive for order...and this room is anything but that. If my gifts are causing you distress, by all means, get rid of them!"
Elliot did just that. He went through every nook and cranny in his bedroom, getting rid of items he no longer wanted. By the end of two days, his entire room was back to its normal, pristine condition. He never lost his collar again.

(Sorry...my "short story" ended up being a compilation of information with bits of plot thrown in; it's not really a "short story" by most people's standards.)
Last edited by booklover789 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:32 am

booklover789 wrote:
Fur or Scales?:
I really don't know...I absolutely ADORE his amazing furry self, but I'd love to see what he'd look like furless, and then finalize my decision.

I was considering doing the line edits anyway even if no one asked xD I can't do them today, but will try tomorrow or the day after, depending on the time I have. But I'll get it done well before this ends so you (and anyone else not sure) will have time to decide.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:31 am

Rioji Name:Lunar
Accessory:A dragon pendant
Fur or Scales?:Scales
Personality:Cheerful,Mysterious,Celebratable or something,Kind,Generous,Loyal.
Short story, poem OR art(max 3 pieces of art):If there is 1 thing I rather choose
Is that nobody lose.
Some stories are short
They could get a report
Thank you
I see you too
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Sorry for the wait, I made the scaled version so everyone can see what that version looks like.
Find it here. There are some details on the differences on the post.

And for emphasis, the above Rioji (not the linked on in this post, the one at the top of the page) doesn't have scales, its fur that has a scale pattern, this includes the chest/underbelly area ect. The above version is covered in fur with no scales, the scaled version is covered in scales with no fur. The only difference is whether you prefer fluffy or scaly. The pattern remains the same.

@Just Some Fangirl
Your accessory picture isn't working, I'm not sure if its just my computer misbehaving or if the link is broken.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rioji #28 : CNY Special [Scaled version update]

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 am

яισנι иαмє ;;
----------I would be naming this lovely little
----------guy 夜猫子 or Yèmāozi which is
----------translated "Night Crawler" in Chinese.
----------His nickname would be Yima.
gєи∂єя ;;
----------This would certainly be a male in my
----------eyes and I just can't see him being
----------anything other than that.
α¢¢єѕѕσяу ;;
----------Yima's added accessory would be modeled
----------after this lovely bone dragon staff
----------though of course would be black and red
----------{black bone with the red eyes} and would
----------not contain the lungs inside.
fυя σя ѕ¢αℓєѕ؟ ;;
----------He would be a scaled Rioji as I believe
----------it would fit better with his design.
ρєяѕσиαℓιту ;;
----------Yima is a very confident and strong willed
----------Rioji who doesn't really listen to the advice
----------or musings of others. He is very straight
----------forward and has no problem telling you his
----------own opinion, even if you may not want it.
----------He is brash, intelligent, forward, and
----------analytic to a point. He isn't very playful
----------and tends to take most things way too
----------seriously for his own good.

ρσєм ;;
----------Fire fire burning bright,
----------Shadows dark and dancing in the night.
----------Whispered winds with stories of old
----------Waiting so patient for their story told.
----------That of the dragon with strong might,
----------That saved the village from their fright.
----------Savior loved they call thee,
----------But savior left thy will be.
----------Absent the beast is from life,
----------through his vallient effort and strife.
----------Blood given to the weak and broken,
----------His story told now and spoken.

Last edited by ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
my uncomfortable habits <3
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:51 am

Rioji Name: Maila, it has no particular meaning. I just thought it sounded nice!
Accessory: A bronze key on a tan cord
Fur or Scales?: Scales, please!
Personality: Hotheaded, brash, and can be rude and blunt. She is also a very loyal friend, but hates it when someone lies, it is her greatest pet peeve.
Short story, poem OR art(max 3 pieces of art): WIP
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vermilion Ink » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 am

Rioji Name:
Greetings, my name is Tiamat. You may call me Ti for short though.

Accessory:

I usually don't like wearing accessories, items such as traditional necklaces and bracelets bouncing against my fur when I walk and run is distracting and irritating, and I can't even fathom having something such as an earring. Punching holes in your face? No thank you. But there is one object that I wear that I hold dear. It's a simple silver ring, worn and scratched. A small darling little thing that I never take off.
Whats so special about such a thing? Well there are two reasons I hold it dear. The first being it's been with me as long as I remember, in fact it's the only thing I remember. I don't recall much of my youth but playing with this ring, I used to entertain myself by balancing it on my nose or twirling it on my tail. Now I can't slip down as far on my tail and it falls off easily so I keep it on my paw. I still mess with it when I'm bored or in deep thought.
The other thing I love about my ring is the fact that it is a möbius ring. Meaning it has a bend in it so that it's surface has only one side and only one boundary component and is non-orientable. It is described that if a bug were to crawl along the length of a möbius it would return to the point it started having traversed the entire length of the strip on both sides without ever crossing an edge. It's amazing to think about it, such a complex yet simple design.

Fur or Scales?:
I have fur, though some say it looks like scales because of the pattern. I kind of wish I had scales sometimes, but then again it would be weird.

Personality:
Some might describe me as stubborn, proud, headstrong, and confrontational, and unfortunately it's pretty much true. Looking back at past experiences I see many times where I have done some pretty stupid things, check that, extremely stupid things. But I am not ashamed for standing for what I believe in. The things that I put my unwavering faith in aren't always destined to blow up in my face. WIP

Short story, poem OR art(max 3 pieces of art):WIP

I hope it's ok to post unfinished, I should be done soon.
Wonderful design you have here, I hope she goes to a good home.
Error 404: Signature Not Found
Vermilion Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rioji #28 : CNY Special [closing soon]

Postby Celozon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Just a reminder that I'm closing this very soon, so if you have unfinished forms please finish them. New forms can still be submitted, but I'm not giving any extensions.

Now closed.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me