Based on Click to view
Artist Andiliion [gallery]
Time spent 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Whelkon# 11

Postby Andiliion » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:17 am

Wind song wrote:what is a whelkon?

A Whelkon is an old, rare and a quite undiscovered species that seems to resemble a wolf, an elk and a dragon.
With it's long, hooved legs, strong majestic antlers and a wise wolve's head, they seem the ultimate ancient creatures.
They have a soft, forgiving nature but a spirit that will never be broken.
Roaming our lands, trying to survive each day and hoping they won't get discovered by the greedy human hands.

Username: SkieRunner
Whelkon name: Mori
Last edited by Andiliion on Mon May 20, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my sister does all my trades, im only here for drawing : p
Characters|Deviantart|Youtube

Artshop|Marble Cats|Livestream
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Whelkon# 11

Postby Venatici » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Username:
Crimsoned
Whelkon name:
Arastin
Why you want this whelkon:
I've stalked this species for what seems like decades, searching for the Whelkon of my dreams. One that was natural colored, yet caught my eye like a beacon in the darkest night.

This Whelkon seems to have done just that; and I wish to become the loving owner of this Whelkon, so that I can enjoy the company of the addition to the family.
He is such nice contrasting colors, lovely nature colors that aren't too dark, but not too light either. His pallet is now among my ultimate favorites, and I think that he is such wonderfully designed.
I'd make art, a page, and stories of him, and he'd also be a part in my triology, "Watching in the Night."
Art
Wip~

If I'm not allowed to add the GIF, please tell me~ I didn't see anything about no prettying up forms or adding such.
Last edited by Venatici on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Username:
Whelkon name:
Art/poem/ short story
╔═════════════════════════╗

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

{уσυ кєєρ ιт, тσ яємιη∂ уσυ тнαт ∂єєρ вєηєαтн тнє ℓαуєяѕ
σƒ ∂єνισυѕηєѕѕ, уσυ нανє α ѕραяк σƒ ∂є¢єη¢у.

ρєянαρѕ уσυ ¢συℓ∂ вℓσω ση тнαт ѕραяк σ¢¢αѕισηαℓℓу.}
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
| Characters | Dadrika's Rise |
| Revelation of the Past |

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
╚═════════════════════════╝
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sʈɑrry Ɲɩght Skɩə » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:32 am

Username:
SkieRunner
Whelkon name:
Mori
Mori is actually a japanese word for forest. I would never have thought that a japanese word would fit him but it just does. In some crazy way it does.

This is truly a beautiful whelkon. I love his color pallet. The darker and stormier colors, giving him the look of a dark pine forest or oak, or just blending in with the trees. I also adore the silver decorations on his antlers. For most whelkon they are the last thing I tend to notice, but for him it is just so dazzling. And the contrast against his dark coat is wonderful. And I lust love the his design. Simple and easy going. It just seems so relaxed. I love it.
short story
Word count; 926

I knew I shouldn’t have stepped in the forest. I knew I should have listened to my parents. The Birds fly around our house all the time, I didn’t have to go under the trees to see them. I knew that. But it wasn’t the birds that lead me into the forest, it was a tree, or a deer, or... something.

I had been sitting on my porch like every day. A bottle of water next to me, some binoculars in my hand and a list of birds that I expected to see. I held the binoculars up and peered through them. The tops of the trees that were at least thirty feet up seemed close enough to touch.

I scanned the tree tops and then made my way down the the grass by the base of the trunks. I was having no luck today. All I ha spotted were two bluejays and a cardinal. Nothing new, or even existing. I set the binoculars down beside me and took a long sip of the water. I returned my gaze to the forest and that’s when I saw it.

I didn’t notice it at first but after a while of looking in the same place I noticed a shape. The figure moved along the trees blending in perfectly with that shadowed trunks. Quickly, I picked my binoculars and held them up trying to identify the animal.

It could have been a deer, but as I zoomed on the creature I noticed its impossibly long horns. No deer that live in this area have horns like that. And besides its body seemed more elk like then anything else.

But elk never came to this area. We were to low to have a large elk population, besides all the farms near by. I bit my lip and looked over my shoulder. My parents wouldn’t be back for at least another hour. I had time. Didn’t I? Beside, I wouldn’t go to far.

I left my water on the porch and stood up only taking my binoculars with me. I didn’t want to scare the animal, just get close enough so I could see what it looked like. I started into the trees looking back every few steps to make sure my house was still in view.

Some pine needles crunched under my feet. I kept my eyes peeled for the animal. Something moved in the shadows to my right. My head snapped that way and I stayed still listening for any sounds. Nothing. I saw and heard nothing. I kept still though and just pivoted in a circle.

Something caught my eyes again. A flash of something, something light and tan and it almost seemed fluffy. A squirrel? I forced myself to stay still. If the I didn’t make a sound the animal might think I left.

And sure enough, it worked. After another minuet or so I heard the soft patter of hooves. I looked up and saw the shape. It was very thin, but as I got a closer look I realized that what ever it was had a longer fluffier tail. It was very much deer sapped, but reminded me of something I couldn’t put my finger on.

What ever it was looked up and for a second I met is light cream eyes. What scared me the most was that it had no pupils. And then, it was gone only the sound of the wind and hooves.

Taking a breath I followed the animal deeper into the forest. I needed to see it one more time to believe. What was this animal? Was it some undiscovered species? If only I had a camera, I could make history.

I continued in the forest comply unaware of the time that passed. When I did look at my watch it read 6:35. My mother should have been back ten minuets ago. Quickly I spun around and found that I was alone. In the woods. Completely lost. I had payed no attention to the turns that I had made.

Cursing my stupidity I started back in the direction I came from. I walked in a strait line... didn’t I? I looked up, and again I saw it. The animal. Long graceful horns, slender elk like body and beautiful tail.

I was frozen in place for a bit. I didn’t dare move, I had to cherish this moment. The animal looked at me and then off to the side. What was it doing? It met my gaze once more, and instead of running it began to walk to the left.

For a few seconds I just watched it go, just watched it walk away in peace. After it walked a bit it stopped and looked back at me. As if it expected me to follow it. As if it expected me to trust it with my life or... at least with finding my way home.

And for some unknown reason I did. I slowly began to follow the deer, elk, wolf thing. That’s what it reminded me of, it had the graceful and powerful presence of a wolf. I made sure to stay at least five meters behind it. If I got any closer the elk thing would speed up. So I just respected the distance.

Finally after about twenty minuets. The trees thinned and I was home. I looked back at it and smiled. “thank you.” I whispered as I walked towards my open back yard. The elk just nodded before vanishing once more into the trees.
Last edited by Sʈɑrry Ɲɩght Skɩə on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sʈɑrry Ɲɩght Skɩə

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby m0chicakez » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:25 am

Username: cakeface
Whelkon name:
Art/poem/ short story:

reserved ^3^
m0chicakez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinny trancy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

Username: albinny trancy
Whelkon name: Can't Stop the Riddler.
short story:
WIP
So excited! Getting my first Kiamara in a month because of train. and .Blue.'s breeding!!! <333
albinny trancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starless Eyes » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 am

Username: Fire that burns
Whelkon name: Ghoul
Why you want this whelkon: well, it would be my second whelkon. My first girl. She's a really nice contrast to my boy. His name is Creature in the Crypt. He is like.... My child. I love him. She would be perfect for him
Art/poem/ short story:
I'm not much of a story
Just a ghost if you can tell
I have no real meaning
Just a life that is well

I cannot begin to tell of my sorrow
The pain that I endure
But I know that if I do
Reward, I shall be sure

But I know that I can keep looking
For a hope of my own
In the form of anything