My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby lonk » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 am

prompt 9 | roster post | palmer, venita, & rudy

rudy and venita can both hardly stand the heat, but palmer's fine. he's traveled through the lavalands before, so the blistering temperatures don't faze him!
lonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whimerri » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:16 am

Prompt 8

Finn will just cool himself off with his own tears send help please
✦━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦

she/her ✦ infp ✦ hufflepuff ✦ aries

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚nya˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

hi god, its me again ~ i'm bea and
i like bunnies art and anime

✦━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦
My DAMy thArt shop
whimerri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cheeb » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:18 am

xxxxxEɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀᴠᴀʟᴀɴᴅs!

xxxxxfeaturing desiree, flynn, and elle

xxxxxthe first thing elle thought when reaching the lavalands was oh, god, no.
      xxxxxelle had never wanted to stray outside the confines of her own shop, let alone a land full of active volcanoes. she just wanted to sell her wares, making money off of those who found gaudy baubles to be beautiful, and bartering with questionable kalons to obtain even more questionable goods. she knew, and the rest of the party knew, that elle would never thrive in the lavalands. however, it was too late to turn back. she'd ventured all the way to a sleepy little town, the dark, menacing woods, and, now... her own personal layer of hell.
      xxxxx"it's... s-so... so, so, hot..." she mumbled. her feet were practically burning, even though her boots were quite thick-soled. "w-we should've brought along more water..."
      xxxxxflynn laughed. "why'd you think they called 'em the lavalands? it's hot around here." the kalon stepped fowards and turned around to face the other two kalons. "okay, so, here's the plan. we're going to set up camp somewhere away from all the lava --"
      xxxxx"i could have told you that, genius," said desiree, with a giggle.
      xxxxx"thanks, dez," said flynn, rolling their eyes. "our base will be somewhere away from the lava. as for water... that's a good concern, elle, but i think you forgot that we have a pretty talented mage on our hands."
      xxxxxdesiree blushed. "i-i'm going to be our water source? but... how are we going to drink it? i can get it here, but, you know... do you just want me to stick it in your mouth or something?" elle let out a cackle, and flynn couldn't help but chuckle, either. "what? i didn't say anything! why are you laughing?"
      xxxxx"no reason, desiree. listen, i brought along a few jewel-encrusted cups in my bag," said elle, "and i suppose we can use them. you two lunatics have to be very careful, however. any broken property and i'll beat both of you to a pulp."
      xxxxxneither desiree nor flynn found that threat to be very imposing. instead, flynn opened up elle's signature extremely heavy backpack and fished around to try and find the 'cups' elle was talking about. "are these them?" they asked, holding up two extremely over-decorated cups.
      xxxxxelle nodded. "yep -- hey, don't grab them like that!"
      xxxxxflynn carelessly tossed one of the cups to desiree, nearly giving elle a heart attack. "okay, dez, do your thing!"
      xxxxxdesiree was able to control the flow of her blizzara spell so that the ice, which quickly melted, would fall into whatever the kalons needed to drink out of. (elle quickly decided that the expensive cups were a bad idea.) while the journey ahead would be long and very, very hot, the party was glad to know that they'd be able to cool off easily.

xxxxx(472 words ♥)
x

“the world is full of magic things,
patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx― w.b. yeats

my twinmy damy kalons

x
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:23 am

Eɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀᴠᴀʟᴀɴᴅs!

(Sozin + Martha)
    If anyone had told Sozin he'd be going to the Lava Lands a few days prior to his knightship, he'd have Martha take a look at their skull and ask if anything was missing. But as it was, maybe there were a few things he should be missing because unlike the forest and even his Village home, it was blazing hot. As in, he could feel the steam rising off his body and his clothes plastering to his skin while his normally pinned up hair drooped low over his eyes feeling far to heavy to manage. He chanced a glance at Martha who was calmly striding in as though she could hardly feel a single thing.

"How are you not hot?" He demanded to know. Her hair didn't have a curl out of place and she was wearing her hat and shawl like it was nothing!
    The pink eyed kalon glanced at him and then smiled quietly.
    "Cooling spell." Of course. That mage had more tricks under her sleeves than Sozin had broken play swords.

"Well can you lend me one?" Martha chuckled and then with her staff with a soft hum, she tapped his head with the gnarled end.
    "Ow!"
    Martha chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Oh relax. That hardly hurt." But he was already feeling far better as the chilling cold settled over him. Combating against the blazing heat around them, he felt comfortable and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you Martha." The pink haired Mage chuckled and then began to walk forwards, glancing around at the Lava Lands. The animals were...definitely not something he'd ever seen before. Especially the chickens. The chickens were pretty cool.

"Can we get a fire chicken?"
    "No."
    "Why not? We kept the gremlin!"
    "She's trained and doesn't set my things on fire!"
    "She ate my shield!"
    "You needed a new one!"

Sozin huffed and crossed his arms, pouting. "Well maybe I need a Fire chicken to protect me now!"
    "You do not need a fire chicken to protect you."

Sozin huffed, sulking and then turned away with a huff.
    Martha rolled her eyes. "C'mon kid lets go see what's going on around here and get that crystal already."

She blinked and looked up noticing that Sozin was nowhere near her and was steadily trying to catch on of the fire chickens.
    "Oh gods, why did I have to get the kid who likes fire chickens?"

[407 words]
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:41 am

Chapter Nine: lavalands

Sierra || lvl 5 medic || 12 y/o
      Sierra is pretty much useless. She complains a lot and is always scared about something. She can shoot a bow pretty well though? And she makes all of their medicinal remedies!

Melanie || lvl 10 knight || 27 y/o
      Mel is nearly as useless as Sierra, originally a bartender, Maua forced her to come along on the journey. She's pretty sweet and talkative though!

Maua sighed, sweat rolling down her face as they grew doled through the lavalands. She'd listened to Sierra complaining for hours. Their water had become disgustingly hot in their flasks. Besides- Sierra had drank it all. Maua flinched as lava bubbled up beside her. The dark stone pay they rode on was thin, and it seemed the lava was too close for comfort. It was made of obsidian most likely, being a dark, smooth stone. Maua had eventually tuned out Sierra's complaining, but she'd now begun complaining about hunger. With that, Maua realized she was rather hungry. She sighed with relief at they reached a huge expanse of rock. It seemed to go on for a while, with a sort of lava river on their left.
      Sierra continued to complain about her hunger, untill Maua stopped, dismounting. "Where are you going?"
      Melanie watched curiously as Maua stalked off, not providing and explanation. A few minutes later, she came back with a flaming chicken. Melanie raised an eyebrow curiously. "What is that?" She exclaimed.
      Maua rolled her eyes. With a scoff, she replied, "How am o supposed to know? You two find some way to cook it. I'm finding more. Set up camp. Actually- we won't need sleeping bags or tents. Just tie up the horses somehow." She rolled her eyes, stomping off into the lavalands. Five of the chickens were in a flock, right where she'd found the other chicken. She smirked. Stupid chickens. Suddenly, a burning sensation flared in font of her cheek. Great. They could breath fire. She pulled out a bow, going for long rage combat. After all- she'd rather not scorch her gorgeous fur. She hit them all down with one shot, having notched five arrows. Maua smirked, picking them up and slinging them into her sack. She ran back to the camp, where they'd already cooked one.
      Sierra smiled, pointing to it. "We waited for you!"
      Melanie pulled the chicken off the stake. They'd roasted it over the lava. She smiled, pulling off a piece and passing it around. She popped it in her mouth. "Ahh spicy!" She waved a hand at her mouth, choking out the chicken.
      Sierra winced, fire coming from her mouth. "Woah!" She smiled, eating more and breathing more fire. She covered her mouth, smiling. She pulled off another small piece, before staring at Maua, who was indifferent.
      Maua shrugged. "What? It's not that spicy! At all!" She rolled her eyes, taking the rest of the fiery chicken and eating. She yawned, her companions still staring at her. She'd eaten it all. "What! It's not spicy, and I do all the work- I get hungry too ya know!" She angrily pointed to the bag behind her. "If you're hungry eat those. Five chickens- and I picked up some berries I found along the way." She curled up into a ball, and fell asleep. They'd made it past their first day in the lavalands.
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:46 am

Username;; Chamomile.
Polaris "Star-Catcher" Kaiser || lv 3 ranger || neutral good
items: large backpack, jewelry bow and arrows
Rueben Sparrow || lv 5 rogue || chaotic neutral
items: knives x2, bag, flint and steel
Eɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀᴠᴀʟᴀɴᴅs!
Oh gosh, this place is hot. Too hot for my tastes.
How does your hero fare in this heat?
🔥 rowan/cham/tripp 🔪 he/him 🔪 not coming back 🔥

You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rorrim » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:53 am

Prompt Nine;; Too Hot ( Make a Dragon Wanna Retire, Man )
feat. Faris, Amir, & Eliseo

( They decided to try out some local fashion...and the "heat resistant" armlets amir purchased from the shady guy in the alley...kinda "work"...if only because they make you sweat profusely... )

Rorrim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerlily » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:54 am

PROMPT 9
Eɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀᴠᴀʟᴀɴᴅs!

❝ Oh gosh, this place is hot. Too hot for my tastes.
How does your hero fare in this heat? ❞

The three queens, Marilee, Eda Cassidy, and Fauna Reineleur finally reached the lavalands. The sweltering heat made them terribly dehydrated and they went through their water supply faster than anticipated.

Eda Cassidy was faring through worst by far due to the fact she was in a metal plated breastplate and had a layer of chain mail that extended over her under clothes. She felt like she was cooking inside her metal "prison."

Marilee's armor was better, but not much. Her leather armor was holding in both her body heat and the surrounding heat something fierce and that with the combination of sweat sticking to her back made every movement uncomfortable.

Fauna was uncomfortable, but doing the best by far due to a combination of that she had the shortest fur of the three and that she was only wearing some padding for armor.

The three did their best to hike up their skirts a tad to help cool off their legs, but not so much as to be immodest. Their hair was frizzled and their browser dripped with sweat. They could not wait till they got out of this land.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
MAY EVERY SUNRISE HOLD MORE PROMISE,
AND EVERY SUNSET HOLD MORE PEACE.
icon by: @riuus ● left by: @dillykai ● right by: @prospitfox
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ωolfie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:54 am

p r o m p txn i n e
☆☆☆
Eɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀᴠᴀʟᴀɴᴅs!
☆☆☆

"defeated and heated"

i'm sorry i can't find anymore rhymes ;n;

somehow the kalon party went from a cool, windy forest to a hot, exhausting lavaland. they thought 'the lavalands' was an exaggerated name, but it turned out, it was actually a real land filled with lava. of course someone would worry about the lava itself, because you could easily get burned if you just slipped and fell into a lava puddle, but the three kalons were way too occupied with how how everything was. they were sweating so much that they could fill an entire ocean with their sweat. heck, even their sweat was sweating!

all of their six sense were incredibly foggy. their eye sight was hazy, and their tongues were dry. the kalons' paw pads were incredibly burnt, and not to mention they were also very cracked. with each step, their legs wobbled from a lack of hydration. they began to lose their sense of touch as their limbs filled with incredible numbness from walking miles and miles. there was soot on their faces, even though they had no memory of going down a chimney or anything. they often coughed abruptly from the smoke they inhaled.

kyrou and cain would've never thought that their hair would be a problem during the quest. for all their lives, even when they were kits, their hair hang loosely over their eyes. and now it was filled with sweat as it now hang heavy and wet. whenever they tried to slick it back, it would always slip back down. they decided to leave it, even though it was quite bothersome. shelbie, however, was extremely grateful that she decided to wear her long hair in pigtails this day.

but something else that was horrifying were the animals that lived here. yes, i said animals. no, not like fire snakes or whatever would be deemed normal here, actual chickens and bugs and other normal animals lived here. or atleast they thought they were normal. some of them were on fire. shelbie shuddered as she passed a chicken on fire, though it sat calmly on the ground, staring up at the newcomers with a steel gaze. were they hurt? were they... dead? no, they can't be dead. but then again, they didn't exactly look like they were in pain. the more shelbie thought about it, the more weirded out she was. was that how living in the lavalands would be like? just be set on fire all the time and be forced to go through it? would she get set on fire?

"hey, stop with your weird heavy breathing! you're using up all the good air here!" shelbie said, lightly pushing cain away. cain furrowed his brows, annoyed as he turned towards her. "well i'm sorry, ms. princess, that i have to carry my bag AND wear my big, fat, heavy armor so i can atleast protect myself from fire demons!" cain shot back, glaring at her in the eye. shelbie cocked her head to the side, an amused twinkle in her eye. she had a satisfied smirk on her face.

"hey, wait a minute, you SHOULD feel sorry for yourself! hah, remember when i told you that you shouldn't bring that annoying metal armor with you? seems like i was right all along, ey? having a simple layer of leather armor seems much more refreshing, really lets the breeze flow through your skin, hm?" shelbie chuckled. cain's eyes drooped slowly, probably imagining what it would feel like without the large load on his shoulders, but he quickly regained his composure, his back straight. "wait- you're trying to trick me into saying that you were right, huh? i knew it! well, jokes on you, there is no 'refreshing breeze' in here anyway! it's not like you're all fine and dandy either, you're suffering a whole lot too!" cain protested. other normal kalons would've probably ripped their armor off by now, but not cain! his ego was as big as shelbie's, and he was determined to make it through the lavalands without taking his armor off.

shelbie snickered. "hey, not as much as you are!" shelbie hadn't even smiled once when she stepped foot into the lavalands, and now she was laughing all over the place. all of her laughter was refreshing and it took her mind off the intense heat. however her little taunts and teasing made cain uncomfortable as ever, hobbling around awkwardly. he groaned, frustrated but then it reduced to small whimpers.

"cain, just take the armor off!" kyrou spoke up. he hadn't spoken at all yet, not really finding a good reason to until now. "i'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do here, but don't complicate things for yourself." cain whipped his head to look at kyrou. "oh come on, not you too! i know what you two are trying to do, but i'm not giving in! i can prove to you guys that i could last it here even with all my armor on!" kyrou raised a brow and looked at him. "um, it isn't-" "well, i mean, he's right though," shelbie butted in quickly which earned a "shut up!" from cain. kyrou facepalmed.

--------------☆-----

shelbie turned to look at kyrou, who seemed to be sweating minimally, and his breath was steady. "kyrou... how are you so calm? we are, like, literally dying here," shelbie whined. the dark purple-pink kalon shrugged. "just focus on the task at hand, i guess. if you take your mind off the heat and think about finding the fire crystal, everything isn't so bad. i mean, if you're only thinking about the heat and how hot you're getting, chances are is that you'll get even more hot, right?" he answered truthfully. shelbie nodded thoughtfully. "actually, that kinda makes sense! why didn't i think of that earlier?" kyrou smiled faintly. "hm.. now that we've all got our minds on the crystal, where do you think it'll be?" cain piped up. "i really hope that it isn't in the bottom of a lava ocean or something." shelbie shrugged. "i'm not exactly sure where else it can be than a lava pool. our quest is getting harder as we advance through the regions, so it must be somewhere in lava!" shelbie suggested.

cain sighed. "i'm not sure. i mean, we just got here, and there are probably a lot of other cool different things that we have yet to discover. well, changing the subject here... i'm thirsty," said cain. shelbie glared at him. "we all are! because a certain someone drank all the water!" it was quite obvious who she was refering to, as she glared daggers at cain. if only looks could kill. cain whimpered. "i'm sorry, okay?! i thought it was going to be bad, but not THIS bad!" shelbie crossed her arms and made a 'hmmf' noise.

she was lost in thought for a while before she suddenly turned to kyrou. "hey, i sometimes keep forgetting you're a mage! cmon dude, you must have some sort of water spell up your sleeve, right??" she said quickly, looking at kyrou expectantly. she saw kyrou visibly gulp. "oh, um.. i guess?? well, i'm not sure it'll really work-" "you said you did? great! why didn't you tell us earlier, we're almost dying here!" cain sighed from relief as he looked at kyrou excitedly. kyrou fiddled with his hands. "u-um, alright i guess?? okay, get your water canteen and open it," he ordered. shelbie nodded and opened the canteen. caim and shelbie watched as the mage whispered chant so quietly they couldn't hear it. they paused. it looked like he was done chanting, but nothing happened. cain peered inside the canteen. "so, uh, cool. invisible water?" shelbie backhanded his side lightly, and cain yelped in return. kyrou looked defeated. "ah... sorry guys. i knew it wouldn't work. in order to cast a spell, the spell needs to take something back from you in order for it to work. in this case, it needed a good water supply from me which i don't have enough of, with the hydration and all that. but if i did have some, then the spell would've duplicated the water and cleaned it so it would be fresh and new. sorry," kyrou said quietly.

cain and shelbie sent him a warm smile. "well, i was really looking forward to that water, but it's all fine man! surely there are other people living here who knows of places with water," cain said. "or, we could open up cain's stomach and extract the gallon of water he drank earlier," shelbie said bitterly. cain's eyes widened and took slow steps away from the female. "like i said, it wasnt my fault! i didnt know, okay?" cain replied, a hint of whiney-ness in his voice. "well, you drank the water! who else should we blame!?" shelbie yelled, her eyes lighting up like fireballs. "woah, woah, calm dow-" cain stopped mid-sentence as he was chased down by shelbie, fueled by anger and frustration. cain screamed loudly, running for his life, though his armor was slowing him down. you could imagine what happened after.

kyrou sighed and sat down on the rock-hard ground. something told him that these four days in the lavalands would be the longest days of his life.

1,542 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
x
x

x
x

` credit ` art credit ` my kals ` she/her ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━