Re: Kiamara #466 - Rainbow Shaved Ice - ADOPT ME!

Postby MintCat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Username;;
MintCat

Name;;
Natsuki (Summer and hope) Kairi (Ocean village)

Gender;;
Genderfluid, physically female.

Favorite summer treat and why;;
Natsuki adores, more than anything else, eating watermelon during the hot summer months. She thinks it's amazing how they can be made into many different things, such as slushies, smoothies, and watermelon carvings. Yellow, seedless, heart-shaped and square, Natsuki loves all the different varieties of watermelon available in her little seaside town.
However, her favorite way of eating watermelon would have to be to cut a nice, chilled one in half (using a method she had seen while visiting China) and eat the insides with a spoon. "It saves the trouble of cutting it into pieces and using up a platter," Natsuki likes to say.

Cutting method:
Slice shallowly all around the circumference of the watermelon, put the blade of the knife into the cut, and wedge it so the melon cracks open.
This way it stays nice and crisp, without the loss of any juice.

art of them with their favorite treat;;
Kiamara art by me.
Background art by TheCalicoTabby
Bonus (non-resized Kia image)
Last edited by MintCat on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Looking for someone to help me
start up/run a Warriors comic. ovo
Please PM me if you're
interested/have plot ideas!
MintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Splat • I'm in a selaphobic nightmare!

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Username;; May I introduce myself? I'm a kiamara nonowner who goes by the username of Sno Leopard, but please call me Sno c: Or Monkey Face, whichever you prefer

Name;; Yes, I am naming this lil' guy Splat. And yes, it's sort of obvious because of his rainbow-splatter markings. But what can I say? It's a cute name and, in my mind, fits him well. But if you look through the archives, you'll notice that very few kiamaras have a name like Splat's. It's one of the many things I applaud him for.

Gender;; Splat is male and has never been anything but male.

Favorite summer treat and why;; Splat absolutely adores fresh, ripe strawberries in the middle of December (he lives in New Zealand, where summer begins in the holiday season), but for a very odd reason.

You see, Splat has a very strong hatred (and fear) of holiday lights, the kind you always see decked and draped across houses, trees, storefronts, and lapdogs all December. Nobody knows why, but Splat's selaphobia (it's a real word, look it up!) is so strong that it's practically part of a religion, at least for him. Selaphobia has haunted him ever since he was a pup, for as long as he remembers. In fact, his mother describing his first holiday season: "He screamed and buried his face in my fur. I'm sure he had nightmares for days, the way he thrashed around at night. Nothing could stop him from his fits until January rolled around and people took their decorations down. Not only was Splat in pain, people were beginning to look at us oddly. There was nothing we (my husband and I) could do to help him."

But what has this got to do with strawberries, you ask? Sure, he's got this weird fear of holiday lights, but what about strawberries?

Well, let me finish my story.

You see, all through childhood Splat searched for something that would protect and comfort him from his selaphobia and the things that consisted of it. He didn't find anything for many years, until...

One night during the beginning of November, Splat had a nightmare about holiday lights.

Now, having nightmares caused by selaphobia wasn't that odd for Splat, and the dream didn't start that oddly either: One night, near the winter solstice, Splat was cornered by holiday lights. They were closing in, and there was no one to hear him scream.

This is normally wear Splat wakes up, panting and sweating and clutching his bedsheet for dear life.

But for some reason, not this time.

Instead, a strawberry, a big, red, overripe strawberry materialized out of thin air into his paws. (This may sound strange, but bizarre things happen in dreams all the time, especially when selaphobia is concerned.) He looked at it, and soon realized that the holiday lights were backing away, afraid of the strawberry. At this point in the dream, Splat awakens, dumbfounded.

Strawberries began to be a sort of magical relic to Splat, the protection and comfort he had been seeking for so long. But there's more!

At one point, in the middle of September, Splat had gone downtown and happened to pass a display of blinking holiday lights just beyond a local farmers' market (Believe me, there are stores that sell holiday lights in September. I've seen it). Although he had already done his shopping at the market, that's where he went now, stumbling as he backed away from the frightening display. At one point he tripped on a pothole in the street and fell into a basket of strawberries. Immediately relieved, he bought the farmer's entire stock of strawberries.

Nowadays, Splat has a strawberry or two or seventeen with him wherever he goes. If his selaphobia kicks in, he pops a strawberry into his mouth, looks the other direction, and pretends the holiday lights aren't there. He still gets nightmares sometimes, and he can be frightened by the holiday lights easily, but fortunately he never gets sick of strawberries and for some reason can always seem to find them in the middle of winter (whatever month it is). And he likes them best ripe because, well, who doesn't?

Art of him with his favorite treat;; The art that can be found above the title depicts Splat in the first nightmare he had featuring strawberries. The small lights in the background are not stars but, you guessed it, holiday lights.

Entire form and art by me. Please do not steal any ideas, art, or writing or you may get reported for theft. Thank you!
Total time spent on form: 2.5 hours - Total time spent on artwork: 8 hours - Total time spent - 11 hours (including formatting)
Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eli ayase » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Username;;
Name;;
Gender;;

Wip

ImageImageImage
infp, taurus sun, pisces moon, leo rising.
i like peaches, sushi, socks, swimming, &
league of legends. also dogs. i love dogs.
to do;
sig art by me
icon by cicamicu, the richard to my ear
my kalons
eli ayase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby knifedoq » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Username;;
    kaden.

Name;;
    casey

Gender;;
    casey is non-binary, and prefers the pronouns they/their.
    they do not really feel obligated to share their biological gender.

casey has a soft spot for old fashion barbeque ribs. they love the
    sweet taste of the sauce, the flavor and scent of smoke from being
    roasted over a coal grill.

Art of them with their favorite treat;;

go here click i dare u
Last edited by knifedoq on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
knife - they/them - gay nb - adult
im not really on here anymore
knifedoq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klyse » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Username;;
      Dan Howell
    Name;;
      Calum (KAL-um) - A Celtic name meaning dove
    Gender;;
      Male
      When Calum was little, he would go over to his grandmother's house for the summer where he could play with his cousins and enjoy the sunshine while basking next to the pool. But his fondest memory of visiting his grandma's house was the first time she let him have one of her famous homemade orange creamsicles. Even in his adult life, Calum eats orange creamsicles during the summer months, but they all pale in comparison to those his grandma used to make.
      Click for full size c:
Last edited by Klyse on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
=
=
=
=

she/her + adult user
intp + chaotic neutral
digital artist

dm me if you need
my th or da links

Klyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Golden.AUO » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Username;; Bloodscythe
    Name;; Bifrost
    Gender;; Male
    Cholado:
    It could be the medley of fruits mixed with delicious shaved ice and syrup, or the fact that it succeeds to cool him off on the hottest of summer days when other treats can't. Truly it is because he enjoys the combination of flavours along with the memory of his first time trying one when he took a trip to Colombia. A kind stranger bought him one of these delicious medleys when he had stopped by a stand to quench his thirst. They told him to forget the water and to eat one of these to rehydrate and energize himself.
    Now no matter what, he must satisfy himself with one of these messy treats in the summer, or "It just wouldn't be Summer". The messier the Cholado the better for Bifrost.
Last edited by Golden.AUO on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
X
X

XX
Popping in
more frequently.

I'm Co-owner of Makoatls. ♥
Don't be afraid
to PM me about
those, or anything
else. ^^
Formerly:
Bloodscythe, Ghirahim.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Links
═ »« ═
||
Allies
═ »« ═
ClaraNova
PolarisArdra

Golden.AUO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prismatic » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:34 pm

sooooo pretty q u q
possible reserve !
prismatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara #466 - kananiRainbow Shaved Ice - ADOPT ME!

Postby glassesprotag » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:00 pm

boop

KANANI

username;; captain-tamashi

name;; kanani

gender;; female

favorite summer treat;; blue raspberry slush puppies

why;; they're an easy grab-n-go snack, and kanani's always on the move. she's extremely active; surfing, track, and she runs in her free time, and a slush puppie is great when she just needs something nice to eat on her way to where ever she's going. slush puppies are basically like icee's, but they don't have any carbonation, and kanani has a sensitive tongue so slush puppies are perfect, if not better, alternatives, in her opinion.

art;; xxx
Last edited by glassesprotag on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so
i needed someway of getting things to
line up properly
so this is that
ummmmmmmmmmmm
text text text
no one's gonna see this stuff
probably
this is difficult
i just want this to look
on pc and mobile
bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh
this looks terrible on mobile but i don't care anymore
mobile users (me) can suffer
ahhh

Image Image Image
Image Image
yuri - she/her - adult
discord - glassesprotag #0881
league of legends - glassesprotag
genshin impact - 628890379
clan of high rolls

glassesprotag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Toboe. » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 pm

❉~Username~❉
.Toboe.

❉~Name~❉
Tanoshi

❉~Gender~❉
Male

❉~Favorite Summer Treat~❉
Tanoshi absolutely adores Mini Donuts, and for a multitude of reasons. The biggest reason is the warm feeling that just seeps through his body after he's downed a bag or so of them. He loves the summer heat, and isn't bothered by feeling even warmer. Another reason he loves them is how their small size means he can eat a ton of them before he feels full. As Tanoshi loves to say, "The more the merrier, right?". Not to mention their sweet flavor and soft fluffy texture that almost melts in your mouth. And the last reason he loves Mini Donuts as his favorite summer treat, is how portable they are. He can easily carry a bag on the go and just munch at his leisure as he walks, without needing to worry about them melting all over him.

❉~Art~❉

Last edited by .Toboe. on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.Toboe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby get scared » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Username;; Hoshikuzu
      Name;; Madara, meaning spots.
      Gender;; male
      Favorite summer treat and why;; Why Dippin' Dots, of course! Madara simply loves this ice-cream delight because he's been eating them ever since he was little. In so many different colors and flavors, how can he resist?
      Wip
Last edited by get scared on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
get scared

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me