Re: Nursery Batch #290

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:19 am

Akua wrote:Can I still try and cram in an app, or is it closed to new ones?

Go for it ^^ New forms/edits will no longer be accepted after the 5th is all.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akua » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:27 am

(below is NOT the acctual app -- just holding what I worked on on CS here as a backup)
Username
Akua
Name
Miwa
Miwa is a Japanese name with multiple meanings; however, the meaning I'm referring to, is "harmony." I feel it an absolutely beautiful, yet still energeric enough, to fit this georgeous JBD. It's the name I instantly thought of then seeing this baby
Miwa currently identifies with her assigned gender, however, there will be a time when she may question this. In the end, she will come to the conclusion she she is indeed a cis gender gal.
Personality
Miwa is quite the tricky one to follow. Her personality is much like an onion's structure, and is constantly changing.
Age 0-1
At this age, how would you expect one to act? Babies... They eat. They sleep. They don't use the toilet yet. And... Those are usually all the things they mentionably do, right? But, still, they do have some personality; even this young; right? Right. Miwa was no exception. Even at this young age, she showed a truely friendly demeanor. She would be overjoyed at the sight of another youth, in that strange baby way. She had a tendancy to forget to cry, which ofteb would worry those supervising her; at one point, a babysitter thought her to be mute! However, rhis is a trait that would fade; quite quickly I might add.
Age 2-4
At this young age, Miwa started to mold further into a teeny tiny person. At he age of two, she never hit her "terrible twos" phase; she was really quite calm, although, one thing calm about her as a baby — her voice — didn't stay so silent. She would randomly burst the closest into song that she could. In fact, it could get a bit annoying at times. It only sounded liked shrill, off pitch completely, wails. Wails that made you want to ram your head to a brick. But, Miwa? She was having a grand ol' time. Other than that, she was, ironically, quiet, and occassionally as she got near the age of four; shy. She was generally still social, but had her off days, where she was overwhelmed with shyness; and by overwhelmed, I just mean overwhelmed to a four year old who was rarely ever shy. To someone even a few years older, this "overwhelmed" was like a butterfly on the tail. So, in reality, it was a speck of shyness; but, how should she know?
5-6
This is where things got interesting. Miwa, now a full child, would be bouncing around everywhere. It was as if she got a "teriible five" instead of "two." She sould still burst into incredibly loud wails, and try to sing the best she could; not realizing her main fault to acheiving a melody was, well... Volume. She was now even more of a little boom box. She would, while singing of course, bounce around, not caring what anyone around her complained of. She was quite selfish, acctually. She never said please. Not a thank you. Never would a polite phrase leave her. She was also fully aware of the destruction she caused; and Miwa caused alot of it. Thank the heavens this was only a year long phase; who knows what she would have done if it were forever?
On that note, at the age of six, the girl calmed down. Greatly. She would still have little outgoing bursts of hyperness, however, now? She was a cheery, sweet, once more calm, six year old. It was like she had reverted to her original self, but now a few years more mature. She would now be formal whenever she could. She would be courtious, gentle, compassionate, among many delightful qualities. Miwa was now a delight to be around, and she liked to be around everyone.
7-now+
However, at age seven, she went through a life changing experience, which I'll cover later. She began to take life a whole lot more seriously, realizing it wasn't all just fun and games. This experience left her scarred, but in a bittersweet -- not sour -- way. Miwa was now carrying an unusual air of determination everywhere she went. Once she sets her mind to something, she will never let that go. She became a bit cold, even. She prefers not to show too much emotion at first, although, she'll stay reserved and calm on the outside, but be very emotionally driven at her core. She will show these emotions after she warms up and she can seem like a completely different, yet still connected, person. She still stays gentle at all times, however. She will never rely on force, and prefers to peaceabley talk things out. Her edge of determination will always shine through, and sometimes even makes her a bit stubborn. If she cares deeply about someone, there are two ways she'll be; cold to them, yet secretly incredibley overprotective, or; obviously sweet and dedicated to them. It all depends on the situation, really.
13+
Miss Miwa, oh, what a pure joy you'll be to be around when you're in your teens. She'll be fresh, bratty at times. however, she still has that determination even brighter in her core, and is even more emotionally driven. She'll be quite rude, blunt, and mean at first to someone. After a while though, a true gem will shine through. She'll deny alot, but be quite sweet and softhearted once again. She'll always find a way to help, even if no one notices it. She'll become a really tough girl overall, still. Acctually, this version of her isn't much different from her last stage that started at the age of seven; just, instead of picking to stay calm all the time and this having s colder air, she will have more of a tendancy to pick fights rather than leave them be, Miwa, generally, is very lonely inside due to this; but, like she'll ever show that! Ha! Right.
Relationships with the family
In general, Miwa used to be extremely outgoing around her family; however, ever since her life changing event, she had become a bit shy with all of them. Generally, she will only open up to her siblings, one in particular; Kain. This girl feels a sense of calmness around him(? It just seems like that's the pronouns Kain uses) that the other family members don't really have to her. Perhaps it's the darker JBD's similarities to the lighter one. Or maybe there really is just no reason. She doesn't know. But is she ever has an issues that she thinks a family member would be best suited for aiding her in, she usually will go to Kain to seek assisstance.
However, that isn't to say she isn't still loving and respecting towards the rest of her family. In fact, in spite of this shyness, she has mixed emotions. A part of her still dearly wants to open up more to them. But, the youth just has this grain in her to stay a bit on edge around them. In her teen years, the inverse will be true; she's want, with all her heart, to stay away from them, like alot of teens would; however, that same tiny grain? Will also be opposite. Like a magnet, she's be constantly by their side, and showing her true colors again.
Instrument
Miwa plays the Koto, a Japanese string instrument. In the future, she would ignore her love of the Koto in a rebellion or an act of self exploration, for a slew of more modern instruments; however, she will always return to the koto.
Why it's special to her
[size=50]the mysterious creature is not a JBD, but an albino akita with sparkley paws from glitter
At the age of seven... Remember that life changing event I mentioned earlier? Yeah? Good, you're about to learn about it.
Miwa, one day, was partaking in one of her favorite activities; walking along the beach. However, this day, there was somethng... Very different. There was a harmonious blend of sounds crossing through her ears. It sounded of the strings. The melody attracted the girl like a magnet. She took in a deep breath of the salty, beachy air. She softly exhaled, and opened her eyes(which she had closed as she inhaled). She found herself in a very zen state, and the urge to trail this white noise was even greater.
She looked around her. Why... Only a mysterious white creature lay far ahead of her. He, she, or xe, was strumming faintly at a reddish board; she could barely make out the strings from the point at which she was standing. Miwa let her feet pull her near. As she finally reached the creature, she let out a lone, faint chirp.
"S-S-s-sir! O-or madame! Or..."
The mysterious creature had angelic paws, and an unnaturally snowy pelt. The mysterious creature craned their neck to see the youth. The being opened their mouth, speaking in a duo of what sounded to be poetic lines.
"It's okay.

I know you are there
I have no name to speak of
I have no gender

I have not a home
Nor am I meant to be here
I am leaving soon

Young one, what would your name be? My departure is soon and I must meet my soul's link before I go."

Miwa tilted her head gently. Departing? Was this a serene koo-koo clock taking a bus, or something? And why did they need her name? Was this a joke? Was she asking herself too many questions? Still, the grey jelly bean dragon felt an odd calm around this four legged creature. Sure, they were odd -- quite odd -- but she liked them. So, she complied.
"I'm Miwa! And were are you... Um... Dee-pa-rrr-ti-n-g to? And why are you speaking like that? What are you playing? I come from a musical family and I've never seen one of those! Wow! It's really cool! It's so pretty!"
The creature looked taken by surprise. As if Miwa's introduction were a lightening bolt. "You. You're the one. The one who shall be my successor." obviously so dumbstruck, the snowy being forgot to answer the girl.
"Er... What?" she cocked her head to the left a bit more again.
"The child born of the harmonious origins that my own birth's prophecy speaks of. Before my passing over to the great spirits, I am to meet my link to the world. You... Will live on to finish my mission. That is a mission you'll discover in time my dear. You are the next spiritual, mortal, generation of the great kami. And you are the 891th one. The one who will prevail at last. You're soul is that of a koto master. You must perfect your art in all and any ways possible. Be prepared for the challenges you'll face, young Miwa, age seven, right? You're destined for so much more than... This might imply... But your heart is true to the koto, like me, and the 889 before us. Please... This koto... Has been passed down. The great kami... They destined you to have it. Now..."
After that, they choke a bit and take a serene breath. They lay down, and tilt their head back. The being is perfectly symetrical.
Miwa was quite confused... Was this majestic creature dying? Wait... They were dying! Oh! And... What was all this about Miwa? It all sounded like a bunch of bologna or whatever, to the grey girl.
"I must go now... Sayounara."
They spoke in one last breath. Miwa gasped.
A cold pull tugged at her chest. It was quite mysterious, as if a part of her soul had either been altered by addition of subtraction. The girl bent down. Tears flooded her blue optics. She felt horrible. She had just experienced her first ever witnessing of a death. And she had gained a new love.
She stared at the board, studying it carefully. Miwa tugged at the strings gently. Once she started, she couldn't stop. It was natural for her; albeit, it still sounded horrible in her unhoned skills' failed attempt. But after that, she had the strong urge to continue. She took the koto, with one last look at her aquaintence, and trailed off into the sunset. A new energy of determination surrounded her. She couldn't let them down; Miwa would master this.
[/size]
]
Last edited by Akua on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Akua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:59 am

Good luck to everyone who's trying out! :D
Kain's super excited with all of the different personalities he's seeing for his little sister!
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌳

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Okay y'all, just a heads up-- I'm going to be gone on the 4th (and haven't heard back from Ivy about a secondary extension), and probably exhausted for the next few days after so.

I'm calling this closed to new forms, but everyone who's entered so far may continue editing until told otherwise! You've got at least two days, maybe up to a week, we'll see. I'll be sure to give at least 12 hours notice before the final closing.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bison » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 pm

I'd be fine with it closing on the 4th and you two judging whenever you have time. I'd really prefer no more extensions since we've had almost a month to do our forms.
Tamu | Kipper | Yubari | Makhata | Dip | Ulysses | Kallie | Corona

I used to be "ShortAxel" and "Princess Celestia"
Avatar by Celozon. Sig photos by me. Sig art by riddlestyx and Joojoo.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poison Wolf » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Princess Celestia wrote:
I'd be fine with it closing on the 4th and you two judging whenever you have time. I'd really prefer no more extensions since we've had almost a month to do our forms.

Thought this ended on the fifth> otl "
Important Links:
Current Mood:

My fiance <3
murr crimis

DeviantArt
Tumblr
Character Site
[Major wip]

Check out these species:
Rukami
Deerssert
Hooded Dragons
L.O.C.

I always have commissions open here.
Poison Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bison » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Whoops, meant the 5th. I don't let myself edit on the last day so I got the 4th stuck in my head.
Tamu | Kipper | Yubari | Makhata | Dip | Ulysses | Kallie | Corona

I used to be "ShortAxel" and "Princess Celestia"
Avatar by Celozon. Sig photos by me. Sig art by riddlestyx and Joojoo.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:48 pm

I can agree with Princess on extensions, we have had awhile to work on our forms.

Postby .starfish » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:54 am

I could use an extra day if possible. Maybe end on the sixth? If mot I'll try to be done on the fifth.
Hi I'm Cara and I'm actually a starfish
I am also slightly obsessed with HTTYD, Percy Jackson and Marvel
art shop [OPEN], characters, deviantart, commissions [OPEN], pokefarm
.starfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me