Re: Viscet #2681 - Surfs up!

Postby kamelgirl » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:19 am

Username:
    Name:
    Gif: (One gif of something surf related)
    Story: (Tell me What they're doing with the surfboard? (Going surfing? Love it? Hate it? Selling them? tell me the things!) You have 500 words and 2 pieces of art to tell me.)
    Extras: (250 more words or once more piece of art.)

res <3
    she picked it up to whack someone with it

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:42 am

Username:
    G1 Sunstreaker
Name:
    Sinclair Karkhan
Gender for breeding:
    Male
Gif:
Story: [745 / 750] [extra word count added to main prompt]
    Nothing.

There was absolutely nothing. None of them were good.

Okay, well, maybe that was an exaggeration. There were plenty of good ones--in fact, a lot of them were quite expensive--but none of them were a fit. None of them felt right.

The beachside town was big, and their shops felt even bigger. His footsteps, though they scuffed in the sand eddying down the wide sidewalk, were drowned out by the hundreds of similar scuffing footsteps. Not one shop was empty, their clean windows flashing in the late afternoon sun as he glimpsed the colors inside. It was almost peaceful with the ambiance of distant waves frothing along the dark sand of the nearby beach. Waves he loved. Waves he could be surfing on.

Man, he really needed a board.

Every shop owner he'd spoken to had taken him to their finest rack of boards as soon as he'd told them his budget. Every single one of them (both the owners and the boards) had felt tasteless. Why did it all have to be about performance and shiny lacquer? Why couldn't it be about, oh, fun, maybe? Enjoying oneself out on the waves? Skimming through the tubes as the sun shone through the curl? Why couldn't it be about the experience? He'd broken his own board chasing the sunset, after all.

He was jolted from his reverie by the cry of a seagull whose eyes were fixed on a cracker near his feet. He adjusted his path to curve around the fallen snack.

A frustrated exhale blew through Sinclair's nostrils as he tilted his head to squint at the sun. Another perfect day, lost.

"Nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing," he muttered to himself, tail lashing as he turned to head back towards the other end of the shopping strip. He'd have to broaden his search.

Just as he'd taken his first step back the way he came, the sun hit something and flashed directly into his eyes. His shout scared off the seagull as he shook his head, trying to clear the white spots blocking his vision. Fantastic. Now he was waveless and partially blind.

Scrunching his snout, he lifted his head, searching irritably for whatever had beamed the sun directly into his open eyeballs.

A crab logo--rusting, faded, and chipped, but unmistakably a crab--hung crooked in the center of an equally crooked building just past the end of the sidewalk, surrounded by palm trees and various other tropical greenery. The door was a stained yellow with a tattered piece of paper taped to it that read Oᴘᴇɴ. Despite the logo, there was no name printed on the wall. It looked more like a house than anything.

He ignored them all when he noticed the Boards for sale written below the open sign.

The hinges creaked noisily as he stepped inside, his eyes darting for the shelves laden with fishing supplies and various boating tools and toys. Behind the counter against the back wall was a middle-aged viscet, humming with their back turned as they rummaged through an upper cabinet. Judging by the voice, it was a male; he looked a little old, ironically just enough to match the state of the small shop.

"Hello?'

The viscet jolted, muffling a curse as he spun around, eyes wide. "What-'lo? Whozzat? Who are you? Are you a customer?"

Sinclair stared. "...potentially? I saw a sign that said boards for sale, and I'm...looking for--"

"Oh, that, that, yeah, yes, over there in the back corner." A dark paw waved dismissively towards Sinclair's right. "Stock's low right now, haven't come by much lately. Take a look, lemme know if you need something, I'm busy tryna find my sharpie."

What a personality. "Y--alright?"

Propped up in the corner of the shop were three faded and distinctly neglected boards. If he squinted through the dust, he could see remnants of color on each of them--one blue, one white, and one the colors of a sunset.

It took a few tries to brush away the cobwebs and longer to brush off enough of the dust to get a good look at the board, but he found himself not minding in the least as he turned the board over and ran a paw down its coarse surface. Sections of it were dark, and in the low light he could catch outlines of trees and birds.

He lifted his chin, turning to meet the watching eyes of the shop owner.

"I'll take this one, please."

click
Last edited by G1 Sunstreaker on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:42 am

Username: cyberdragon725
Name: Kai
Gender for breeding: Female
Gif:
Story: "Life is like the ocean, a never ending adventure waiting to be explored."

As black licked the edge of my vision, I heard these words echo in my mind. Never ending, I had told him. How foolish I was. Bubbles burst from my mouth, reaching towards the surface as I sank further into depths. Water began to fill my lungs as my vision burned, the last feeling I have of the water tugging, pulling against the current. Wait...

With what little energy I had left, I forced my eyes open one last time and I saw a blur of yellow and light blues before darkness took over.

I never thought it was true. The saying that your life would flash before your eyes before you die and yet here I stood, a place I thought lost to me as memories flashed through my mind. Standing on a beach, the sun lighting my feathers and warming the salty air around us. Two young viscets with heads full of dreams and hearts full of adventure. We had our surfboards buried in the sand beside us, still dripping salt water from their previous use. I felt curious, turning to see my companions face as he gazed out amongst the waves.

"Morpheous," I asked softly, my words breaking his attention and luring his eyes to mine. "What does the ocean mean to you?" He seemed thoughtful at my inquiry, staying silent for a moment before settling on a sound awnser. "The ocean... it's like a stranger and a friend. Sometimes it seems as if theres no one who knows you better than the tide, yet it's so easy to forget the secrets and dangers hidden beneath the surface." He tilted his head, smiling softly at me as my face shifted to one of confusion. A gentle laugh escaped him. "That doesn't make any sense, does it?"

It was just the two of us and our surfboards taking the sea one wave at a time. Until one day, something happend. The storm of the century brewing some of the largest and most dangerous waves around. He tried to talk me out of it, arguing that it was too dangerous. I ignored him, grabbing my surfboard and heading towards the ocean where dark clouds were already gathering in the sky. I remember he grabbed me by the wrist just before the beach, forcing me to turn around and face him. "Kai, I know I can't stop you... but at least tell me, what does the ocean mean to you?"

My awnser, those very words that echoed in my mind. Never-ending I told him. I forgot the most important thing about the sea however. "Come on, Kai. I cant lose you too." Even the ocean has an end. But... as I suddenly found myself pulled from memories as I expelled the water from my lungs, storm clouds growling above us and my surfboard beside me, I realized I wasn't willing to find the end just yet.
(499/500)
Extras: (250 more words or once more piece of art.)

RES
Last edited by cyberdragon725 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:52 am

Ack, they're so pretty <33
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:32 am

Username: Prince Audric

Name: Brian

Gender for breeding: Male

Gif:

Story:

Brian looked out at the water as he watched the surfers waiting for the wave, His eyes shining with anticipation to see who would win the contest. of the 6 contestants, there was on that he wanted to win, they were simply known as Sunset due to there surfboard. He watched as they all began. the way they glided over the water amazed him, he wanted to be out there with them but with his balance problems he was unable to chase, his dream. as the wave curled over the surfers vanished from sight for a moment before the famous sunset shot out ahead of everyone. Brian squealed with delight and watched as the others followed.

In the end, the winner was announced to be Sunset, Brian whooped and bounced with happiness and ran to the stage in hopes to meet him, but he lost his balance and tripped falling face first into the sand. Whimpering he lay there sniffing and began to cry. He lay there until he felt a paw on his shoulder " You alright there Kid?" A voice asked, and Brian looked up to find he was looking into the eyes of his hero "It's you! your sunset!" He gasped in shock.

" Thanks for cheering me on kid, do you surf?" He asked Brian

" I want to more than anything but I can't balance well... also cant I afford my own bored" He sighed lowing his ears

" Hmmm..." Sunset said rubbing his nose a moment before he got up and stepped over to his bored " Then here... I have more at him take mine" He said lifting it out of the sand and took it over and rested it on the ground before Brian " Just make me a promise kid"

" sure anything!" Brian squeaked

" Promise me you will never give up on your dream Because you know what? I had the same problem with balance when I was your age. now look at me!" Sunset chuckled

" You? You were like me?.... I promise I won't give up!!!" Brian said looking at the surfboard that la before him. He reached out and rested a paw on it and smiled " Thank you Sunset" He said smiling.

" Your welcome kid"

Extras:

As promised Brian worked from that day forward to get his balance better, he would work from sunrise to sunset. When he felt he had learned to balance he snuck out to the ocean and after strapping the board to his ankle he swam out into the water and waited.

His heart was pounding with both nerves and excitement as the wave formed

Doing what he had learned from videos and books he slowly turned the end of the board into the wave and slowly got to his feet, he wobbled a little causing his blood to run cold, but he caught himself and regained his balance. the feeling of gliding over the waves for the first time was simply amazing. He felt free and like he was flying.

Getting to caught up in the feeling he didn't notice the wave closing in until he was knocked from his board. being dragged under water for a moment before he swam back up coughing and lay over his surfboard to catch his breath. ~ wow... that was... amazing~ he thought before paddling back to dry land.
Last edited by Prince Audric on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nero The Corgi King » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 pm

mark, this ends the day after my birthday lol
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Nero The Corgi King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 pm

user;
doge fruit
name;
Samara {'Sun Flare'} Kahanu
sometimes called Sam or Sammy

gender + gender for breeding;
female

gif;

story;
~~~~~~~~~~~

"For all my life, I've been in the water. It's like something in it calls me to it, it is my natural instinct to be in it.

My father, against my mother's disdain, had me practicing my stance on a surfboard as early as 1 years old. He would balance his surfboard between two log stands and I would stand on them and practice the various techniques and stances to keep me on the board. I was out surfing, the small waves at least, at 4 years old. My pop's even gave me a surfer's nickname: Sun Flare!

It was so beautiful being out there on that water. Most hate the fishy sea smell but once you lived long enough out there, it starts to smell like a sweet summer breeze. It was also the excitement of conquering a wave. Once you get all the small ones, it's all for those big league waves. Many have their certain things to release stress, mine was hitting that water on my dad's hand-me-down surfboard and catch a big one!

Anyways, after years of happiness and me at the age of 14, my parents split. My mom moved away into some urban town close to the city. All contact with the ocean ceased but I was still aloud to call up my dad and check up on him. Within months, I was stressed and bored. No matter how many new friends I talked to, I just kept that yearning to be out on the water. My mom had me do all these new hobbies until I settled for one: painting.

At first, I sucked at it. I couldn't even paint a circle but, after some time I was doing good! Every time I felt the need to surf, I would paint something. Four years go by and my mom let's me move back in with my dad. He opened a little surf shop in the meantime and was making and repairing surfboards. I can't even describe how great it was to be back!

Ever since then, I've been using my painting skills to help decorate his surfboards or just to paint something beach related. My pop's even made a separate shack so that folks can come in to get their boards painted!"

w.i.p for extra
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:02 am

Username: howlingtothestars
Name: Quill
Gender for breeding: Male
Gif: Image
Story: (494/500)
    The airy rush of waves rolling over themselves, crashing into the main body and rushing up the shore before slowly returning to their home sea to restart the cycle was all I could hear. Even through the loud bustle of viscets which made their way through the small market place filled with home-made trinkets and bracelets made from assorted shells, the ocean was the only audible sound to my ears.

A female approached and my eyes drifted up to meet hers. She was confident in her approach, but gentle in expression. She had the kind of face that made you wonder if she was a tom boy, or just liked to act tough to get guys attention.

"Nice board." She studied it and I withheld the sigh which built in my throat. She appeared to be yet another buy who would simply hang it on their wall, a fate I would never have for my board. "Why are you selling it?"

My ear flicked. "I had an accident."

Her eyes turned to me and she studied me for a moment. Slowly, recognition illuminated them. "You're-" She paused and glanced around, then leaned in and I fought to restrain a groan. "You're Quill! I watched all of your competitions! Up until you just, stopped. . ."

I frowned as her voice drifted.

"Quill. . . Why di-" I raised an eyebrow and she seemed to get the hint. She changed the subject quickly, without heistation. "If I buy your board, will you teach me to surf?"

I furrowed my brows, gazing firmly into her eyes. She appeared uncomfortable for a moment, but stayed steady and met my gaze. My mind rolled over her words, churning about them. She wasn't a surfer, that was apparent. And, her motivation to surf only seemed to appear when she discovered my name. I squinted at her, suspicious of the possibility she was only offering this to be close to a famous has-been.

"It's too dangerous out there. Sharks, jellyfish. . . monsters unseen. Too many things in the ocean want your blood."

She took a moment, then smiled at me, radiating that confidence once more. "If everyone was scared of them, there would be no one in the waters. When something terrifying comes, it's better to face it, but not blindly. I know of the sea creatures, Quill. Even those many don't understand, and I am not afraid of them.

I blinked, unsure of how to respond. Most got nervous at the mention of death by beast, yet she had done research on them and still remained bold. . .

I took a moment to reassess her. Her alert eyes showed promise, and they bore that spark. . . that same spark I had seen in all of my childhood photos, the one of a dreamer.

I bristled and stood.

"Alright. Before I sell you her, you need to prove to me that you are serious. Meet me at the docks tomorrow at three a.m. Then we will talk."

Extras: (238)

The waves were wonderous, rising nearly thirty feet before cresting and collapsing in that perfect ring. It was two a.m., the perfect time that no one seemed to know about, and I was alone by the docks. I strapped my surfboard to my ankle and rushed out to meet the waves.

Though the ocean was loud, I was not intimidated or confused. My path was sure in my mind and I swam without hesitation, diving under broken waves as I made my way out to the perfect location.

It was not three minutes until I was there, watching the colossal waves rise far over my head and begin to crest before I dove beneath them. Then, it came. Perhaps the largest wave of the bunch - the largest I had seen in a while. I took it, rising high on it and keeping my balance. I rode for what felt like thirty minutes, but was only a mere minute.

The wave crashed, toppling over itself in an unnatural way, and I fell.

I was thrown about in the water wildly until my head struck one of the pillars of the dock, knocking me out cold. I woke up in the hospital, and was told that something had dragged me from the water. Then. . . I was also told that life as I knew it was over.

I had damaged my cerebellum. My balance was gone, and with it - my life.

(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c: