Username
April410

Name
Val (Short for Valarie)

Song
She Will be Loved

Who will be their valentine?
My friendly character, Aaron.
Don't have a Para but Aaron felt lonely on Valentines Day too.

Also...
its a WIP if you can't guess with a little doodle.
Last edited by April410 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
FLIGHT RISING
┌──────┘✮└──────┐
CS/FR Chat Mod
Profile | Dragon Sales

└──────┐✮┌──────┘
CHARACTERS
┌──────┘✮└──────┐
ToyHou.se | Chara Sales ∙
└──────┐✮┌──────┘
MY ART
┌──────┘✮└──────┐
Patreon | Deviant Art
└──────┐✮┌──────┘

THE BASICS
┌───────────┘✮└───────────┐
FemaleNeutral GoodUSAISFP
└───────────┐✮┌───────────┘
NOTES
┌───────────┘✮└───────────┐
I'm still trying to clean out my Inbox.
If you're on the FR Chat I'd prefer to be
messaged on FR instead until I get this
mess under control, Thanks!

ASK ME ABOUT D&D! I'm a 5e player!

I'm a behind the scenes person and a
lurker. Congrats if you catch this cryptid
in the forums or your inbox.

└───────────┐✮┌───────────┘

-

April410

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valentines Parrapup #9- Reduced price

Postby carmineflyer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Username:
Name:
Who will be their valentine?:
Extras: (Up to 5 pieces of art, and 2000 Words Max)

Res!
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enomoto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:13 pm

Up uvu
Inactive, if you wanna know where I am message Shin
I'm keeping all of my characters so if you see anyone claiming them send them a DM for confirmation that, that is indeed me. I can log into this account whenever I like
Sidenote Sorry I used to be such a dumb kid, I guess we all were but I'd still like to apologize for it.
enomoto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enomoto » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:27 am

Up v w v

End date's coming up soon, extensions will be given if requested.
I'm keeping all of my characters so if you see anyone claiming them send them a DM for confirmation that, that is indeed me. I can log into this account whenever I like
Sidenote Sorry I used to be such a dumb kid, I guess we all were but I'd still like to apologize for it.
enomoto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enomoto » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:45 pm

End date's in 5 days!! Be sure to finish your forms.
enomoto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enomoto » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:13 am

Extending to the 28th
enomoto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby superirl202 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Ooo! This is such a pretty little guy. Marking, just in case I find the time
superirl202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Song: Song of the Caged Bird - Lindsey Stirling (X)

Username: Rondell

Parra's Name:

Scordatura 'Cora' Amati
Scordatura literally means for 'mistuning';
tuning an instrument differently then the norm in
order to play specialized pieces of music.

Amati is the name of an Italian family of violin makers,
active from the 16th through 18th centuries.

Her Valentine: The handsome Jinky

o__________________________________o

Personality:

Electric violins
Over-sized sweaters
Vintage clothing
Phantom of the Opera
Honey
Romance novels
Peace & quiet
Cooking

Dislikes:
Her stutter
Doing laundry
Blueberries
Being late
Sports
Getting up early
Being rushed
Bugs
.:.:Introverted.:.:.

Cora is an easily flustered girl that's not at all fond of being placed on the spot for any reason - unless of course she herself chooses to step forward. Which is seldom. As such, she'd much rather blend into the background than stick out in a crowd. She's gotten good at it, and it comes across in her slumped-over, eyes on the floor posture. In fact, if she unexpectedly finds herself the center of attention she has a bad habit of either gibbering a bit, then clamming up entirely, or just getting irritable and flouncing off in a huff. She simply has a hard time opening up to people. It therefore may be unsurprising that Cora much prefers to spend the day snuggled into an oversize chair within the solitude of her own home, laptop in hand, cup of hot tea by her side, earbuds in. Alone time is enjoyed time. That isn't to say she doesn't have friends, though. Because she does. And she spends quite a bit of time with them. Cora just likes to have her space every now and then. She needs it, in fact, otherwise she claims she'll go mad.

.:.:Picky.:.:.

In regards to the music she likes, the books she reads and the company she keeps, Cora has very specific standards that must be met, otherwise she won't be satisfied. While these standards are somewhat flexible - she does understand that exceptions exist for every rule, especially when it comes to people - they aren't exceptionally flexible, and there are some things she simply won't tolerate. Musically speaking, those things are Death metal and Industrial. Along with most rap. Cora claims that these genres of music give her headaches. Where other parras are concerned, she has little tolerance for lies, pushiness and impatience. Of course it's only fair that she hold herself to these same high standards. Even if it ultimately leads to her insecurity and feelings of inferiority.

Good at:
Cooking
Typing (65 - 70 WPM)
Photography
Finding things
Multitasking
Being inconspicuous
Strategizing

Bad at:
Opening up
Quitting
Growing plants
Subtlety
Poetry
Physical activity
Working quickly

O.K. at:
Electric violin...
(She can play scales
& a very simple song
or two, but not
much else.
)
.:.:Dedicated.:.:.

Or perhaps 'obsessive' would be a better word... either way, once Cora has started in on a project, good luck getting her to stop until she's finished! Whether she's poking around Youtube for the perfect song, digging through the kitchen cabinets for something she needs for her cooking, or scouring the racks at a second-hand shop for a new/used sweater, she gets a sort of tunnel-vision - all she can see is the task at hand. Sometimes, if whatever she's doing is interesting enough, she'll even forget where she is is. As a result it's not unusual for complete strangers to get the wrong idea about Cora - When running down a goal she'll only see the people that are immediately relevant to the task at hand, even if she's in a crowded room. So she can (and will) end up doing things that she normally wouldn't do under such circumstances if it'll help her get what she's after. Say, for example, she's looking for a specific record at her favorite shop. Caught up in the excitement of the search, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Cora to snatch it out of the hands/paws of someone if they find before she does. Once the goal has been reached, however, the tunnel-vision melts away, and Cora returns to being her good old self again. For better or worse. She sometimes ends up being very embarrassed.

.:.:Hopeless Romantic.:.:.

While she does her best to hide it, Cora is one of those Parras who likes to daydream about finding her very own prince charming - the perfect guy who will one day come along, sweep her off her paws, and carry her away to 'happily ever after land'. Even if she doesn't actively pursue that goal. Instead, she just spends a lot of time reading romance novels (the G-rated kind, kids!).

.:.:Audiophile.:.:.

Cora takes her music very seriously. While she's mainly into classical, she's also very fond of songs and groups that break conventional genre boundaries, especially when they use a classical instrument to do it. Flutes and harpsichords recreating classic rock, violins melding seamlessly with electronic back-beats, cellists and guitarists side-by-side. This is the sort of thing she's inordinately fond of. And, once she's gotten a hold of a single or an album she likes, either in the form of a record, CD or digital file, she wants to make sure that the sound quality of her copy is as good as it can get. As such, a large array of speakers and cords crowd one of the back rooms in the house - she claims it has the best acoustics in the building - each one carefully placed by Cora so that when she plays a song it sounds as good as it possibly can. Yet at the same time she's also very fond of simplicity and fully believes that it's possible to modulate a track to death. Her record player therefore remains her favorite way to listen to her music, and she insists that the little machine lends the music a certain quality unobtainable by other means.

The Importance of Music:

Music has been a deeply important part of Cora's life for as long as she can remember. Most everyone in her family is a musician, you see, and some of her earliest memories are of family reunions where her parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and assorted in-laws would all get their various instruments out and play together. The music wasn't always perfect, but it brought smiles to their faces and drew them closer together. Yet it is more than that. For Cora, music is an escape. A means of ascendance. When Cora has her earbuds in or her speakers blaring or her violin in her paws, she feels whole. All the insecurities that normally eat away at her and hold her back vanish. With the right song, she even feels as if she could fly. Music does for Cora what reading or drawing or running does for other Parras. It grounds her. It sets her free.

Playlist:

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Masquerade
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck
George Gershwin - Rapshiody in Blue
Lindsey Stirling - Master of Tides
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness)
Jethro Tull - Bourée
Mussorgsky - Night on Bald Mountain
Apocalyptica - One
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Dreams Of Fireflies (On A Christmas Night)
Andrew Lloyd Webber - Music of the Night

Relationships:

Jinky (X) - secret crush - Other than a few passing words exchanged every so often in the aisle of the music store they both frequent, Cora hasn't actually spoken to Jinky. She's far too shy. All she can usually manage is a bit of choked small-talk before she, inevitably, makes some sort of excuse and hurries off. She really wishes she could get to know him better though, because from what she's seen of him, she finds him to be a very interesting individual. Sometimes she'll round a corner and stumble upon him, quietly beat-boxing to himself while poking through a rack of CDs - a habit she finds endearing. And, while she normally spots him in the 'electronic' section of the store, it's the soft electronic section - music she herself holds no grudge against, and even sees some merit in. Besides, he's quite handsome. Maybe she can actually work up the courage to ask him out one of these days. Or, better yet, maybe he'll ask her out...

Quincunx Thom (X) - Buddies - First and foremost, Cora loves Quin's mandolin playing and frequently tries to entice him into playing for her. Mind you, she's only successful about 50% of the time, but that doesn't stop her from trying. Of course there's far more to their relationship than that. Otherwise Cora would've just gone and bought a record of mandolin music a long time ago instead of bothering herself with him. No, she finds Quin to be a very warm, open and caring individual, if a bit gaudily dressed, and likes how he listens when she talks. She also likes how she can be around him without feeling judged. In fact, Cora's always been a bit envious of Quin's complete self-confidence, and wishes she could emulate it. Even in part.

Malachite (X) - Passing acquaintances - Cora and Mali really have very little in common. Aside from a guilty love for romance novels which has spurred them to swap books back and forth upon occasion, they're polar opposites. Cora simply can't understand Mali's need to be out and about all day, and finds most of the music she listens to appalling - far too loud with no tune to speak of. As such, she is always offering to lend Mali her records along with her books, but has made absolutely no headway with the stubborn girl. It's not that they don't like each other. They simply travel in different circles.

(Extras: Personality/Playlist/Relationships - 1,575/2000 words
    + One piece of art by yours truly)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enomoto » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:15 am

Ending in 24 hours!
enomoto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enomoto » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:03 am

Woops! I was out in public for a while so i couldn't close this.

This is now closed! Any edits beyond this point will be valid.
enomoto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me