Range Trotter #STF047 by coaliev

Based on Click to view
Artist coaliev [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF047

Postby coaliev » Fri May 17, 2024 11:28 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: Embergleam
    Show Name: RRS Those Who Help Themselves
    Barn Name: Jane

Height: 12.2hh
    Eye Color: Fire Dragon Bright
    Phenotype: Red Dun Caribou Bontebok Roan Whitecap Appaloosa with Birdcatcher Spots
    Genotype: ee Ata Dd Cbcb Brbr LpLp WcWc +BC spots

- will always pass whitecap appaloosa [Lp_ Wc_]
      - mane, tail and fins pass at artist's discretion
Last edited by coaliev on Fri May 24, 2024 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF047

Postby Taxidea » Sat May 18, 2024 9:38 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Give 'Em The Slip
Barn Name: Slip
Height: 14.2hh
Halter Color: Eye/fin color
Prompt: Slip thought it was laughable that the pirates even thought they could contain him in the first place. Mostly because, as far as Slip is concerned, he joined them willingly. Sure, the pirates thought they were being sneaky and capturing him, but Slip saw what they were doing and decided it might be fun to become a pirate for a bit, so he let himself be "caught". The pirates kept him locked in the belly of the ship for barely a day before Slip had them convinced that he would be more help on deck. And he definitely pulled his weight for a few days. But, eventually, Slip got tired of the pirate life, and the next time a strip of land came into view, he quietly jumped overboard and swam away.
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Sat May 18, 2024 11:19 am

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Those Who Help Themselves
Barn Name: Jane
Height: 12.2 hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt:
Y'know the song 'I Know A Song That Gets On Everybody's Nerves'? Turns out there's a trotter equivalent. Jane 'sang' it at the top of her lungs.

Jane can't carry a tune in a bucket.

By the end of the third day the pirates were begging someone- anyone!- to take this nightmare of a trotter off their hands.

She stopped singing the moment she was free, and has never felt the need to sing again.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Sun May 19, 2024 4:19 am

Username: ♥ mizu
Show Name: redheaded rosy
Barn Name: rose
Height: 14.9hh
Halter Color: a very pastel orange
Prompt: with a flaming temper, all rose really had to do was exist. she nitpicked every little thing that the pirates did, which drove them up the WALL. one almost jumped overboard because his feelings were so hurt by the sassy little mare. she's such a rude little thing that she started a conspiracy against the captain and managed to rally the whole crew against him. rose didn't even care to escape, but the protest ended in such a mess that the ship was sunk and she was pretty much forced to swim for her life. chaos follows the redhead everyone she goes and she's not afraid to tell you how she feels, that's for sure.
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allybrad » Tue May 21, 2024 9:37 am

Username: allybrad
    Show Name: ABF Roar Heard Across the Nile
    Barn Name: Tefnut
    Height: 13.3 hh
    Halter Color: pink and orange
    Prompt:
    Tefnut, named for the goddess of moisture in Egyptian mythology, learned of the origins of her name one evening as the other pirates sat around swapping stories one evening. Tefnut the goddess appeared with a lion head, and she decided to take that as some inspiration. As the pirates were checking on their prisoners one evening, she decided to “roar” into a pot that reverberated across the ship. The pirates were so spooked they ran and hid without locking the doors back, so Tefnut trotted off the ship a free horse!
xxxxx
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||